My country tried to ban a documentary on mens rights made by a feminist...

My country tried to ban a documentary on mens rights made by a feminist. I didn't want to be born in some 1984 Kafkaesque world.

what cunt?

>we live in a patriarchy!
>movie featuring male issues gets pulled/banned all over the west

explain this please

then leave

I watched this documentary. It was shitty.

It did a great job of casting men’s rights activists as pathetic cuckolds who couldn’t figure out how white male privilege works in time to stop life from ruining them, though.

Haven't seen it, don't think I will. Care to elaborate?

its made by a woman

At its deepest most poignant was a series of dudes trotted out who lost their asses in divorce settlements who just want to see their kids

And I feel bad for those guys but saying “fuck women’s issues of all kinds because this can happen to me in a divorce” is intellectually dishonest, particularly because the family law slant toward mothers is the endgame of everything else in society favoring men.

Men fucked by the system have more in common with women fucked by the system than they want to acknowledge, and the film goes on to make the claim that it’s because rabid feminists are mean to them.

It tries to make men sympathetic but just makes them look pathetic.

>“fuck women’s issues of all kinds because this can happen to me in a divorce”

Yeah, that does sound like a nice way to completely discredit any valid cause you might even have in the first place. Thanks for the explanation.

>fuck women’s issues

Modern women living in the west have no worthwhile issues compared to men

Cassie Jaye a cute

got nothing on bailey jay

Sure they do user. What if someone says the N word and they get uncomfortable?

above the patriarchy is a hidden matriarchy

>kafkaesque being used correctly and accurately on Sup Forums
that's so kafkaesque

>correctly and accurately

>And I feel bad for those guys but saying “fuck women’s issues of all kinds because this can happen to me in a divorce” is intellectually dishonest

It's "intellectually dishonest" to imply the movie said anything like that.

You won't believe it, but I can name two last books you have read

I got divorced in a no fault state that generally does a good job of not treating men like paychecks. Court sees an equal requirement of men and women to support their kids and themselves

But let’s be clear. That is not typical of every state. Not hardly. I was lucky enough to live in an area where ability to earn is king and sees equal ability for men and women to earn. Courts that aren’t that way look on women’s plight favorably because the court is viewing women as weak humans without the ability achieve like a man and who probably should be watching the kids anyway. Men are punished in divorce specifically because women aren’t viewed as equal to men. Gender equality would fix men’s legal issues.

>he tought he was free

Heh, I make several toughcrimes a day.
Behold:
Kill niggers.

I doubt it

kek

australia

HOLY CRAP THE ABSOLUTE MADWOMAN

>kafkaesque
Brainlet here... Why? Shouldn't it be "Orwellian"? I mean, OP said it's a 1984 world...

Look at me mom, I do it again:
Muslims are not all nice

CHRIST THERE'S NO STOPPING HER

s-s-stop user, you'll get all of us in trouble

maybe we should report her to cover our own asses
i don't want to get charged with aiding and abetting

It can be both

Well, the main thing is that the movie is about the exact opposite. No one said "fuck women's issues." In fact the movie is really a story about how the director kept telling herself herself "fuck men's issues because women's issues" as she did the interviews. Eventually she realized what she was doing and opened her mind to be more objective about it.

>everything else in society favoring men
u wot nao

Sure, sure, not mutually exclusive... I didn't read The Trial, but I know what it's about. I just don't see how what OP's describing fit into that.The 1984 reference is accurate though.

Kaf·ka·esque
Characteristic or reminiscent of the oppressive or nightmarish qualities of Franz Kafka's fictional world.

What would be oppressive or nightmarish about a 'free' society that tries to ban thoughts? And even worse, thoughts from an objective party?

Eh. It’s a bunch of men literally not connecting the fact that they should ally themselves with feminists because gender equality would remedy their “what about us” problems

Yes goy keep waiting for feminism to become about egalitarianism, but first stop it's wage gap, then sexual assault, then domestic violence, then alimony, then child support,
then abortion... What did you say your issues were? We'll get to them in time, we're all equal here goy.