Ideas thread

Post ideas

we split this board into /flm/ and /ent/

>implying idiotposters would actually stay on their side of the fence

I don't mind shitposting and memes but there has to be some sort of division between people that actually care about film and capeshit/nihilistic cartoons/shittyNetflixshows

Alright. A mocumentary. With a host and his voice over.
But this time it's set in a future sci-fi war.
The point is it's not a found footage movie. It allows music and good editing and voice over explanation.

MATLAB on Sup Forums
never thought I'd see the day

I just thought that thing looks smart. I never got that kind of math.

sure, but you can't expect anons to be able to lable themselves objectively.
say you make new boards /film/(proper discussion) and /entertainment/ (containmentboard for plebs). people don't see their own taste as bad, so everyone would just go to /flm/ and discuss BvS or whatever.
ofc you can have mods filtering out the "bad" threads, but this I think would be a lot of work, pluss you get the risk of tyrannical behaviour/censored discussion

Actually we don't care about posters trashing /film/ we just want a containment board for autistic posters who can't handle popular flicks

Alien vivilization comes to earth, and airforce pilots from many countries fight aliens in zero gravity dance battle

/film/ would be about as lively as the letterboxd thread lmao

this.
it's almost like the people actually interested in film and intelligent discussion don't live on Sup Forums
>thinkingface.jpg

based MATLAB

We shoot a bible movie. We recruit church goers and tell them it's community service or to help spread the word or some shit. We take the profits and start our own redpilled production company to battle against the hollywood jews.

District 9 already did that

> not using fortran

I don't know man I just saw their ads all the time and thought it looks smart. I have never used it or did any real math with software.

>MATLAB

was derailing this thread part of your plan

Adaptation of Daniken's book

I'm having horrible flashbacks to Matlab sessions.

I have many movie ideas. I write scripts sometimes, but it's been a while since I wrote one, mostly because I don't see myself ever being able to film one of them, so it feels pointless.
But please let me tell you about this one story. It's the one i care about the most.
It's about a family ruled by fear. French immigrants in the 1960's. The father is a negligent parent, essentially absent. He has two sons, and though the oldest was born in France and does understand French, the younger brother is a first generation American and he can only speak English. To him, his father is an unapproachable figure. The father's inactive state of living and inability to communicate with him creates in the mind of the boy a man who can't be reached, who does not want to be.
The mother, then, is made to raise the children on her own, but her own fears regarding the harsh nature of their new home and their relative poverty, create in her a pessimism which she ingrates into both of her children. And as the years linger on for all of them, she too goes into a state of hibernation.
It is the elder brother then, who raises his sibling up starting from primary school, and who struggles on his own with finding new ways to support his family. He disappears when he is 19, and his family presumes him dead.
Years later, as an adult, the younger brother struggles nightly with a fear of death. He no longer wishes to live, but can not convince himself to die. He tries through indirect means to cause his own expiry, but fear immobilizes him time and again. His mother has since passed, and his father still lives an inactive lifestyle, bedridden by age.
Having never spoken a word to his father, the boy comes to his deathbed at his final moments. His father takes from the mantle a photo of the family, at a time when their emigrant future seemed bright. And there he speaks to the boy, face to face, in English, for the first time.

>Not using fortran then graphing with based MATLAB

do you even data analysis?

>fortran
Hi there granpa.

A monster based on this design

fortran is really fast for computations. people in physics and some engineering still use fortran just for that. sorry not everyone is a hip cs faggot

I’m writing something right now, which I think is just an excuse to try out really weird shit and have it be story relevant.

Here’s the logline:
>Two friends go out to their dealer to try out something called “Slow Burn”. When they get there, they’re ambushed by a rival dealer and are accidentally injected with a potentially lethal dose. Now, they must survive the worst trip of their life to find a cure before the night is up.

That looks good but I don't see a movie

Jesus Christ wtf is wrong with nature?

continued:
He says, "Once, looking at this photo, it was for me a happy memory. But now these are sad pictures."
The boy however feels too much pressure to respond to these final, strangled words, and watches in silence as his last family member leaves him. In frustration, the boy beats his father's fresh corpse as he bawls.
In the meantime, the boy still looks for a way to die. Now more lost than even before, he first becomes fascinated with spontaneous combustion, an option which seems to him most optimal. He takes up smoking and leaves fire hazards around his home. But when it seems his option has failed, he decides to poison a large supply of commercial water, while planning to buy the water later while pretending to not recall his doing so, a gamble that he'll purchase one of the poisoned packages.
After poisoning the water, he sees his brother manifest in front of him, engulfed in flames, haunting him in his lowest moment. The fear leaves him stricken, but seeing his brother again gives him courage to think of his own future.
He goes home and lays to bed, with plans to anonymously warn local stations about an impending poison control callback on the commercial product he poisoned, but while he sleeps, a flame lights from the tip of his finger and onto one of the many fire hazards he's laid for himself, and the story ends as he peacefully sleeps while being incinerated.

It's already used

I don't understand it but it looks more kino now

well, it's about fear causing inaction.
The mother fears poverty in a new country far from her homeland, and as a result she never does anything about it.
The older brother is afraid of having to support his family in his parents' absence, and he runs away and dies in an alley alone.
And the younger brother is petrified by everything to the state of not wanting to live anymore, only to be still too afraid of dying to finish himself off. It's only when he finally decides to take action that he finds salvation, which then results in death past his resolve.
The father was afraid of disappointing his children, so much so he shut them out of his life while forcing them to live in poverty due to his own inaction. It's only on his deathbed he finally manages to muster the courage to speak to his child, and even then it's in time only to lament about the things he's lost due to fear. And even after death, he's punished for his inaction.

Those times are gone grandpa. I'm studying Engineering Physics and we don't use grandpa programming languages anymore. Get with the times.

can someone please explain, why the matlab logo was posted here????

You don't get ideas for free so stop asking, don't give this employee of some sleazy company prime ideas anons ffs.

I also don't get it