Why do Millennials get political insight from comedic satire?

Why do Millennials get political insight from comedic satire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ov5kvWSz5LM
youtube.com/watch?v=s68JN2XynJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they can't think for themselves and let others think for them

Because its 2016 u racist bigot!

STOP BUMPING THESE SLIDE THREADS YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING FAGGOTS, THERE IS A REVOLUTION GOING ON RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

>most of us are too lazy to research politics
>he's British so he must be smart
>le liberalness and witty jokes=correct... right?
>peer pressure because everyone I know has to like him otherwise you're a racist Republican

chill holland

chill down no star korea

your country and possible the whole world are on the line here you dumb burger
this is not the time for chill

>your country and possible the whole world are on the line
dramatic much?

>dramatic much?
why, just because what's going on isn't flashy and bombastic?
>avatarfagging
I won't even bother honestly

Where else would your average normie get it? American news sources are a fucking joke and every bit as slanted as your average John Oliver show. The only person who has any business being an anchor in our larger networks is fucking Anderson Cooper, and he's at least complicit in CNN becoming a fucking 10-man clusterfuck of retarded bullshit.

Bad humor is an evasion of reality; good humor is an acceptance of it.

Reality has a proven liberal bias.

Nothing you do on this board will have any significant impact on the world. Either relax, or go outside and actually do something

because they're all a bunch of faggots that got indoctrinated watching faggot tv shows on the disney channel.

>Why do Millennials

Many of them are still stuck in the mindset of a child, thus they consume information on this level.

They already agree with him before watching. They just want him to agree with them. They wouldn't agree with him and would start bashing him if he said something non pc for once. Just look at the butthurt Dawkins caused when he talked shit about Islam.

He gives them new ideas and arguments though.

>getting news and political insight from a Bhutanese Cartoon Trading Card Board

/thread

Because the kikes have successfully brainwashed them into thinking it's against the grain and everything they say is objective fact otherwise you're no different than your sexist racist middle aged dad who never gets your pronouns right.

i'm pretty sure i pissed my libfag friend off when i said i don't get my news from the daily show in a patronizing manner

Because they are mentally children, and they don't have the attention span to actually read books. It's much more entertaining to have all your biases confirmed in a "funny", "irreverent" way by a British outsider.

>I mean COME ON white people!
>Let's be honest, we all know you're evil and privileged.
>Look, we both know that white males deserve to be cucked out of existence, but let's look at the facts.
>And if you don't believe that white men are evil racist bigots, lets look at the list of PRESIDENTS, shall we?
>Oh, what's this? All white men, with a long history of violence and oppression? I think we have a pattern here, folks!

My hatred for the liberal left has no limit.

You know, we used to listen to politicians and laugh at comedians.....

Now we laugh at politicians and listen to comedians......

....Really makes you think..............

I'm a leftist but I hate Oliver's show. He's even more biased than < 2012 Daily Show.

They do good research sometimes but they almost always only present one side, and generally just appeal to emotion. It's like liberal Rush Limbaugh.

I'm millennial and I used to, but Colbert is a leftist shill and pisses me off, and I fucking despise John Oliver. Plus all the shit tier "socially aware drumpf bigots xD" comedians (trevor noah, samanthat bee, amy poehler, etc.) I can't stand either. I can't wait for the election to be over so they can all shut the fuck up about trump.

Go back to /r/the_donald faggot

so, that is why you come to a place where every opposition is forced out and only your own extremely biased viewpoint is reinforced ?

>Reality has a liberal bias

Didn't realize John Oliver lurked here. Kys

Millennials have a hard time telling what's and joke and what's not.

To make the echo chamber more comfortable.

It sure does, proven through 96% of top media execs donating to the DNC as well as their collusion with party leaders to push their agenda rather than remaining fair and impartial

I wanna give Amy Poehler a pass cuz parks and rec was good, upright citizens brigade was good, and she was ok on SNL but she sure can be a shill whore.

You knwo what im a tard im pretty sure i meant amy shumer. I love parks and rec

They don't. They watched the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report, which actually were funny. Then the funny writers left, and they started building their jokes off of shill talking points. No worthy successors have stepped forward, and Colbert minus satire just isn't funny. The format lives on, but it's had it's heyday. Millennials get political insight from tumblr, twitter, plebbit, and instagram.

because it lets them get a distorted view of reality that they can tell themselves is true. They don't want to confront what is really going on, so they limit their sources of the real world to a diluted with added sugar perspective. Additionally, they are so apathetic to what goes on in their lives, they don't want to be confronted with the fact that their apathetic-ness actually has a negative result on the world. People are too afraid to take any risks or take any meaningful stance on anything because that required courage and strength. People are mentally weak and it shows their the way they choose to consume media.

Gen X did the same thing with David Letterman and Jay Leno. Baby boomers have NPR and 60 minutes.

Her and Tina Fey are 100% bleeding heart liberals who support Clinton probably cuz she is a girl.

It's easy to consume. In most cases, they were already watching South Park before Jon Stewart came on, and the anti-Bush and Republican """jokes""" held their attention long enough to not change the channel. It got so popular that Colbert became a thing, and dozens of clones after that.

This is a liberal thing. It is a fad that start a long time ago back in early 2000 during the Bush administration. Liberals can't make sense of logical arguments. They cannot weigh pros and cons. They only comprehend tone of voice, i.e. they can't digest cold hard facts given in anything but a lighthearted happy tone. Liberals are also herd follows and look to see if others support something before they support it.

When something is said as a joke it makes it more believable as true because (most of the time) comedy usually makes some kind of point in a way most have not thought of yet. So when a comedian with a friendly smile tells an anti-Trump joke in a tone that sounds smart and witty and liberals see everybody around them cheering and laughing they assume some sort of significant point has been made. Basically, liberals can't figure anything out on their own, they are people who need others to tell them how to think and comedy is one of the best ways to spoon feed them.

Honestly I miss that jew Jon. He was a liberal shill but at least he was smart and genuinely funny. That hour of daily show and colbert will never be touched again. Sad to see what's happened to colbert on late night, just not good.

Every time current year man releases a video on Youtube is goes to number 1 on trending.

What the deal?

Their attention span has been destroyed.

>Gen X did the same thing with David Letterman and Jay Leno

Speaking for all of Gen X. Nope and go fuck yourself.

Bill Hicks would have been a close to acceptable answer but not nearly as popular as Letterman and Leno.

youtube.com/watch?v=s68JN2XynJw

'Member when people used to talk about "artistic integrity"

Because it's the current year!!!

>why do people browse Sup Forums?
Hmmm, made me almost think. Nice try

because their life is a pathetic joke

Then what are you exactly? Obviously other viewpoints appear on Sup Forums. The fact that they are meritless, just leads to them being ignored or ridiculed. IE: Your post.

Your post proves your point wrong, idiot.

>Act like a retard
>Don't know your shit
>Call bias when you get blown the fuck out

it's the perfect venue for smug circlejerking of superiority.

plus comedy allows you to avoid actual arguments on policy and just slander your opponents as sexists/racists/homophobes etc

It explains why their views are a joke.