Rick and Morty: "The ABCs of Beth" Discussion Thread

We're back on the air with a... Beth episode. I honestly have low expectations for this, but it could be good. Also, Reddit.

Airs 11:30 PM EST.

Synopsis:
>Jerry encounters a lady and Beth revisits her childhood.

>Promo:
youtu.be/d_qTRcpDGd8

>C O U N T D O W N:
itsalmo.st/#timeforabethepisode

this is where the female writers will prove themselves

also the animation looks a bit weird in the "chicken coop" part, why are they animated on 1s

if beth remains a bitch the whole episode, it will show that the female writers arent as SJW as we thought

bump

Is Beth suppose to be attractive or just average?

Attractive. She's supposed to be like Jessica.

Remember, we were told that Beth was essentially the pretty popular girl in school and that she was pursued by jerks until she met and fell for nice guy Jerry, who treated her right. Then they got pregnant and she was stuck with him.

Now fast forward to where we are now: Jerry has left the house as a result of Beth's admiration of her father (she told Jerry she'd never let him go and literally left him to beg her dad not to leave again seconds later.) Both have been pretty worse for wear as a result of the separation. Obviously Jerry has been living in a dumpy motel and is still jobless, pining for his family. But Beth has largely been a non-entity in the house, hasn't gone on any adventures, was making a sculpture of horse hooves to keep busy, etc.

If this episode depicts Jerry actually getting lucky with a lady that isn't Beth, and Beth revisiting her childhood, which may include being reminded that her dad abandoned her and Jerry was the only decent guy in her life, it could spell disaster for their potential reconciliation. The idea that Beth needs Jerry more than Jerry needs Beth has been long speculated, but this could be the episode that really hammers home where they stand with each other.

Is this episode an ABCs of death parody?

>Obviously Jerry has been living in a dumpy motel and is still jobless

Is it actually feasible to live in a motel? Dumpy or otherwise? One would think that living in an actual apartment would cost way less.

>we were told that Beth was essentially the pretty popular girl in school and that she was pursued by jerks until she met and fell for nice guy Jerry
Didnt Beth say this?
If so then i think that thats just her ego showing

>another episode written by a woman
aaaaand im skipping this one guys, no rick and morty for another week

Yes its possible, and yes an apartment would be cheaper in the long run but usually requires a contract and deposit. If you have shitty credit an apartment mighty not rent out to you.

>this is where the female writers will prove themselves
they already proved their real worth, several times, they proved the value they bring to the show all over this season
next itme i hear someone mention israel man, im going to remember rick and morty

Beth has been shown to be a bitch for every major ep she has been in this season. What more do the writers need to do?

korra was a bitch for four scrutiating seasons and i never stopped wishing they would cancel the show

>Beth has been shown to be a bitch for every major ep she has been in
fixed

Depends on the place. A genuine crappy, non name-brand motel might charge $30 a night, which is about $200 a week, maybe less if you pay up front as a weekly thing. That's cheaper generally than an apartment where you pay utilities and such.

I believe it. I mean, I've always seen Beth and Jerry's relationship as a parallel to Jessica and Morty's potential relationship, what with Jessica being a pretty popular girl tired of dickhead meathead jocks and Morty as a nice guy who, in his own words, "loved you so much you'd never have to love him back." Without Rick as an influence in his life, Morty would essentially just be a teenage Jerry after all.

This. Beth inherited her father's ego.

Ahh, not so fast Morty. You heard your mom, we’ve got adventures to go on Morty. Just you and me, and sometimes your sister, and sometimes your mom, but NEVER your dad! You wanna know why Morty? Because he CROSSED me. OK, take it easy, Rick! Th-that's dark. Oh it gets darker Morty... Welcome to the darkest year of our adventures. First thing that’s different, no more dad Morty. He threatened to turn me in to the government, so I made him and the government go away... Ohhh fuck... I repla-burp-ced them both as the defacto-patriarch of your family, AND your universe. Oh man... Your mom wouldn’t have accepted me if I came home without you and your sister. So now you know the REAL reason I rescued you. Ohhhh-woah... I JUST TOOK OVER THE FAMILY MORTY! Oh man. And if you tell your mom or sister I said any of this, I’ll DENY it. You'll deny it... And they’ll take my side, because I’m a hero, Morty. And now you’re gonna have to do whatever I say, Morty, FOREVER! A-and I-I’ll go out and find some more of that Mulan, Szechuan Teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty. Wh-what are you talking about? Because that’s, that's what this is all about Morty! Szechuan? Th-that’s my one arm man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family Morty crawls away- Morty, that was FAKE! -and Morty gets pulled back. I-I’m driven by finding that, McNugget Sauce. Nuggets? I want that Mulan McNugget Sauce, Morty. Mulan? That’s my series arc Morty! What the Hell? If it takes 9 seasons, I WANT MY MCNUGGET DIPPING, What're you talking about Rick? SAUCE SZECHUAN SAUCE MORTY! What're you talking about? TH-THAT’S WHAT'S GONNA TAKE US, ALL THE WAY TO THE END MORTY! SEASON, 9 MORE SEASONS MORTY! Szechuan sauce?! 9 MORE SEASONS UNTIL I GET THAT DIPPING SZECHUAN SAUCE! What is that?! FOR 97 MORE YEARS MORTY! What are you talking about?! I WANT THAT MCNUGGET SAUCE MORTY!!!

>Your dad makes toilet look like R2D2 and it breaks the front page of reddit

Wha...what the fuck

Ok bye

>Jerry encounters a lady
Interesting.

Do you think Jerry's new girlfriend will be abusive?

I honestly hope Jerry does end yp working things up with his new lady and that the relationship ends up being beneficial for him too.

It would be a bloe to Beth's ego that Jerry did manage to move on and that she's not a big of a catch as she thinks she is.

Of course knowing this show, Rick or Beth will somehow ruin Jerry's new relationship, ugh.

HE SAID IT

I'd like to think she'll be the opposite of Beth, not as hot looking but supportive and kind and she will push Jerry to better himself.

bye sweety, make sure to have the room clean and cook something tasty for the men who are going to come write the season finale when yo are done

kek

Honestly it wasn't the women writers comment because yeah they been mostly shitty.

It was you thinking this board gives a fuck about you tuning in or not.

It is you being an attention seeking faggot and it's pretty obvious you won't tune out, you will watch this episode anyway so why pretend you won't? You don't have nothing better tobdo anyway, you're here.

But I'm glad you got triggered enough to reply, anyway this will be the last (You) you'll get from me, princess.

>all these fags arguing over worse show

Typical brainlets

How many episodes left?

This and one more.

well here's hoping they don't fuck off for 2 years again. Sup Forums did a SHITLOAD of deteriorating over the span of the last hiatus, i doubt it'll even exist come 2019. which wouldn't be a problem except that these threads are still a relatively convenient place to find the 720p mega.

So there's only 2 episodes left and they decided to waste one episode on fucking Beth?
Well, hopefully the final gonna be about evil Morty to save this shitty season

thats very nice sweetheart

I'm not a fan of Beth but it's frankly about time she got her own episode. She's the least developed of the family and they've spent the better part of the show's entire run pointedly avoiding her past and what happened with her parents.

Motels give damn good deals to permanent residents, because it's a steady booking even during slow months.

I honestly thought there would be an episode this season were Jerry moves on. I could see her losing her shit because she has such a fragile ego, its not out of the question haveing her throwing a tantrum over ownership of Jerry.

it's gonna be shit like every episode of this show since midway through season 2

How was the Citadel episode bad

t. triggered Sup Forumscuck

Beth needs an episode, to make her less fucking boring. People argue over Beth or Jerry is morally worse, but at least Jerry being pathetic is funny.

I mean he ain't wrong, that kind of stuff usually does make the front page of reddit

if Beth and Rick dont scream at each other for being shitty human beings ill be convinced that this show does not care about bettering human relationships.

>Beth supposed to have a bestiality scene this season
>next episode is visiting her childhood fantasy land
I don't like where this is going.

>Beth supposed to have a bestiality scene this season
hold up, what?

Is there a stream?

She really likes horses

t. triggered Sup Forumscuck

Would you?

I think Rick was clearly shittalking Reddit's culture. Of course Reddit being the self pretentious site it is, they take their site being mentioned there as a compliment.

>literally left him to beg her dad not to leave again seconds later.
There was nothing that indicated she would dump him if it weren't for Jerry being an idiot by saying "EITHER HIM OR ME"

>It would be a bloe to Beth's ego

It would be a blow to Beth's ego

I find it more annoying that in this series, they've only done one episode where Rick and Morty go off on an adventure by themselves

>implying
Justin and Dan's bickering is a huge reason why this season got delayed

This episode could actually bring something new to the table if Beth offers Jerry to get back with him and Jerry saying no and have some balls

What is The Wizard Animated Series supposed to be?

It's a comment on the intrinsic worthlessness of the human condition.

>another stupid "gotcha" that adds nothing and makes no sense for any character
Looks like someone's trying to make it into S4 as a writer.

So what do you guys think The Rickchurian Canidate will be about?

Obviously something to do with Evil Morty

So Morty has an oedipus complex since he's chasing after a girl who resembles his mom?

Someone post the alpha jerry and rick picture

Perfect Hair Forever

Huh?

Perfect hair forever

I have a feeling this episode will be the worst one for this season.

Xavier doesn't have a big dick so he's irrelevant

Rick and Beth are the worst characters so yeah

That's not Beth and Jerry.

How did he even fuck his mom if he had an eye for a penis

Morty > Summer > Jerry >>>>>>> Rick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beth

Rick > Morty > Summer >>>>>>>>>>>>>> a pile of shit > Jerry > Beth

wtf dude pile of shit is better then summer SHE DIDN'T EVEN DO NUMBER 10
FUCKING BITCH

Summer is complete shit.

Not doing number 10 is what makes her best grill

Now post his butt

>she didn't even do number 10
Huh?

I'm expecting we'll see something like Jerry starting to move on and Beth being crushed by it and continuing to spiral downwards. Rick will proceed to show how much he cares about family stability/feels bad for ruining Beth'd weird marriage by destroying Jerry's new life and bringing them back together in that way.

Beth is a bigger shit than her

How?

>this much angst towards female writers

go back to Sup Forums beta

Thanks guys.

>Rick Highest

Opinion discarded

Remember when Moot put Trigger Warnings all over Sup Forumsmblr and it was the most hilarious shit ever?

How do we know the bicker? I'm actually curious.

I still think that Beth/Rick and Rick/Jerry are the weakest relationships in the show so I really want this episode to be good and have Beth fucking grow as a character, but after The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy went out of its way to be the one episode this season to not focus on hiw Rick is a mess of a human being specifically so it could have him shit on Jerry and seem like the 'good guy' of the two when he really isn't I ain't got high hopes - ESPECIALLY when half of his argument for Jerry being trash hinged on Rick's fucking victim complex over Beth and him hooking up despite the fact that the dude did a fucking standup job given the circumstances.

I really do worry the show will go easy on Beth and she will continue to idolise him due to her issues.

>despite the fact that the dude did a fucking standup job given the circumstances.
Honestly I think this is underrated.

They went from a teen couple with an unplanned child to a married couple with a home, careers, and two children who wanted for nothing. Sure it's quite likely Beth was the real breadwinner once she got done with college, and we know their relationship had issues despite the mutual love, but damn they did well for themselves and every indication we have is that Jerry was a decent dad in spite of being a dumbass and a coward.

For all we know they'd still be together and Morty/Summer wouldn't be such damaged fuck ups if Rick had never come back.

Rick is the most entertaining character in Rick and Morty. If he disappeared, the show would be shit tier. It's like watching Gundam and hating Char.

Last episode summer said something akin to they could never agree on something which im guessing is meant to also apply to dan and justin

And you don't think that line could be a jab at fans positing completely fabricated dramatics?

That line was them making fun of the people who fell for those dumb rumours

No homo nibba

>reddit taking references to it as a compliment
Would you be mad if the show would jab Sup Forums?

Yes, an army of different mortys too.

>morty this isn't the hentai you steal from Sup Forums!
>stop looking at jessica's naked corpse in the cloning tube.
>help me or i'm not going to clone your dead dream girl and let you pretend she didn't die of leukemia.

Morty wants to fuck Summer anyway, or at least glasses Morty wants to fuck his Summer (or possibly his Beth.)

My point is this wouldn't be surprising, he'll fuck anything with a pussy.

>He actually got a gallon of the sauce after this episode meme'd its way to Twitter and to McDonald's's attention.

He HAS the sauce. Fans know he does. I wonder if he'll ever mention that.

What is McDonald's possessive, anyway? Is it still McDonald's? McDonald's's? McDonald's'?

stream where?

are they even writing this one? everything i've found only said TBA.

yep. basically a continuation from ricklantis.