The response to Call Me By Your Name baffles me

Why are liberals celebrating this film? It glorifies a grown man fucking a teenage boy, if you changed Elio into a girl they'd be screaming for blood about how it romanticizes rape and calling for the scene where she gushes on a peach and he tries to eat it to be sufficient reason to prosecute everyone involved for breaking obscenity laws. By every standard this film promotes adult/minor relationships, so why are they praising it as a great love story?

Is this shit getting a pass by their usual standards LITERALLY just because it's okay when it's a gay man fucking an underage teen?

>underage teen
>underage
>under
>age

OP... stop being such a faggot.

Why americans are so retard

Literally the only complaint i heard about this film on Sup Forums is "pedo fucking a underage teen"

I'm not wrong, regardless of what you think of age of consent laws Elio is blatantly under 18 and as per usual liberal standards they SHOULD consider any adult fucking him to be rape the same way they would if a grown man fucked a

>blatantly under 18
Do they say in the movie how old he is? Do they clearly define he's CP?

Where it takes place it's legal but yeah if it was a girl it would've been hated.

Just look how liberals responded to the movie Elle Fanning was doing which involves her young character falling in love with a much older man.

>I'm not wrong, the age of consent laws for an entire country are

I think you should stop worrying about this one and get back to watching movies more suited for you.

>trump voters are THIS MAD about the movie being loved and praised

fucking delicious

>rape
>age of consent in Italy is literally 14

He's 17 years old. He's 24.

It's a dirty little secret in the American gay community that younger men often get fucked by significantly older ones and that their ages are often such that the relationship is illegal under AoC laws.

They're extremely reluctant to admit a significant minority of gay men fetishize teenage boys and taking their virginity and they absolutely refuse to admit it's statutory rape at a minimum and often emotionally damaging to the younger guy.

So there's a huge amount of mental gymnastics going on where they're giving CMBYN a pass for any reason they can think of to avoid having to confront the elephant in their community.

t. Bisexual man whose been around long and far enough to see this going on in nearly every state

Pay attention to the necklaces.

You'll understand once you see it.

intense pearl clutching because they're enraged that their lolishit isn't acceptable, and also that it's a gay movie getting accolades

imagine if the director made elio ONE SINGLE YEAR older, what would they complain about then?

What if Dan has been protecting these young girls from Hollywood scumbags all along?

@95561749 (you)
Trying way too hard, plebbit

I agree completely, but also it was really just not a great movie. It's pretty and well acted but so hollow. The relationship they had lacks any feeling of romance, or sexual tension. I think the direction was mediocre. I'm gay btw

It's not rape when the kid is literally over the age of consent and literally wants it to happen.

Mind expanding on that? I'm not arsed rewatching the film myself.

>implying liberals have ever cared about cultural relativity before

Paedo plot aside, the movie was shit anyways. What were they? what did they do for a living, if anything at all? Why does suddenly every movie or series imply every teen has had a homoerotic experience at some point?
It all seemed like an unjustified gay fantasy, the movie showed no motivation for anything that happened.

>doing an @ post to the op
This isn't nearly as effective as when it's done to another post. You're still bumping their thread.

It's a wholly unrealistic film about a "25 year old" (Who really looks every bit as old as the 35 year old) who fucks a 17 year old boy. Naturally, neither of the kid's parents care, even though they know. Because, sure. I know my dad would be so pleased if I was getting railed by an older guy in his own home.

I think the response surprises a lot of people because this movie first started getting some buzz around the same time that people started going after Kevin Spacey. Spacey's a creep and deserved to be called, for sure. But here's this movie about an older man boning a 17 year old and it's being hailed as the most romantic thing ever.

Older gay men are mostly creeps. I don't know if I'd necessarily use the word "predatory". But, they're just the worst.

>Hollywood is full of double-standards

More news at 11.

I wanted a lot of stupid stuff when I was a kid. I wanted to be the guy that makes popcorn at the movie theater. Kids are dumb and don't know what they want.

I think he's trying to make a point out of them being jewish.

>Pay ettention to their JEWelery

Oh, right. I assumed there was meant to be some deeper symbolism involved. I do wonder if them both being Jewish in the story is involved with liberals being reluctant to critique it now that you point it out though.

Libs always hesitate to hold minorities to the same standards they hold majorities.

>25 year old
24, actually. Good start.

>Older gay men are mostly creeps

What was his name, user? Who touched you?

>I wanted to be the guy that makes popcorn at the movie theater

It's pretty cool how you knew your limits even at such a young age.

We've had this discussion 1000 times. Elio is 17 and Oliver is 24. The age of consent for US Citizens traveling abroad 16. The age of consent in Italy 14. Their relationship was legally fine and there was no "rape" in any sense of the word.

Everyone in this movie was rich and privileged. Scholars. Elio went for Oliver because he was gay in the 80s and had no other real outlet to express his desires. At first it all seems idyllic but at its end the movie comes off depressing to me. Sure they had a great time together but Elio will never have that again. He might not even ever find another lover given how closeted he is, and again, the time period

Underage means under the age of consent. The age of consent in Italy is 14.

Your criticisms about it being about an unhealthy predatory relationship are correct, but stop saying "underage"

plus their religion made them think it was sinful so both of them were reluctant as fuck at first

No, the fact that they are jewish only comes into it in a subtle way and it could have been any piece of jewellery that a lot of people belonging to a certain background wear.

Oliver, the older man, wears his star openly. Elio used to but doesn't anymore, and as they get to know each other and as Elio falls in love with Oliver, he starts wearing the star as well.

I don't really need to know their life story, career and daily routine to understand a romance story. A lot of kids do have gay experiences as teenagers, it's pretty common. But this movie is just about this one boy not the statistics of every boy in the world.

>its pretty common
Uh.. user? It really isn't. You don't 'try' dick'. You try shit like ice cream or curry. You don't sample dick. Either you're a faggot or you aren't. If you 'experimented'.. for one you in a very small minority. for two, you are either a faggot or you are a closeted faggot.

I got the guy's age wrong. I'm sorry. My main point was that the narrative's much smaller age gap kinda fell apart thanks to the fact that Armie doesn't look like a man in his mid-twenties.

I've never been assaulted by an older gay guy or anything. But my boyfriend has. The dude was my town's definition of an open secret too.

The discussion is about libs holding it to a different standard than they would an adult man/teen girl film with the same content, not the morality of it itself.

Jew agenda for the new world order

>What was his name, user? Who touched you?
You're either straight or foreign if you don't know there's a problem with old gay men fixating on inexperienced boys in America.

>you don't sample dick

lol

jokes aside i had some gay experiences as a kid. i thought i was straight for a long time, but now i'm comfortable being bisexual, though i'm still too pussy to pursue a relationship with the same sex. i am open to it but have not yet done it.

There's a problem with older people of any sexual leaning fixating on inexperienced people. I don't know why the gay part of it is so central to your argument. Are you trying to say that the percentage is higher when it comes to gay men?

Lol James Woods BTFO.

Diary of a teenage girl feature a 15yo banging a much older men and that didn't get much backlash.

>implying undesireable old men trying to hit on teenagers in general isn't a problem

lol

It's relevant to the topic.

The boy was the one instigating the relationship, the adult was reluctant to do anything, so it wasn't an issue of him seducing a young boy against his will..

>no person experiments with their sexuality
Are you actually retarded? Or new to earth?

Elio literally asks Oliver towards the end why he didn't give him a sign sooner.
Oliver's response is that he did during the volleyball game and he thought Elio didn't reciprocate, so he backed off and planned on keeping to himself the rest of his stay there.
Holy shit you niggers are really grasping at straws.

Older gay men in particular have a thing about age. It might just seem more pronounced because 1) It's easier to hookup with dudes and 2) "Gay" culture puts a lot of emphasis on hooking up and being slutty.

Older dudes are, uh, aggressive though. Just make a grindr profile and list the profile as 18. Or see how any baby-faced dude gets treated in a gay bar.

Season 2 of Hansen VS Predator when?

Neither. I'm just not an aspiring cocksleeve like most of you fa/tv/irgins are.

Of course, but just because we're in a thread discussing gay people doesn't mean you can point to a problem and pretend it only happens in that group/sexuality/whatever. It's like going into a Blue is the Warmest Color thread and saying there's a problem with older lesbian women preying on inexperienced lesbian girls. Is it true? sure, there is a problem there, but the way you word it can make it seem like the problem is only within that group/sexuality.

The part where Oliver tells him about how he gave a signal at the volleyball game was pretty funny.

That's not an argument, you seem upset for some reason.

>i never experimented with my sexuality and i'm jealous! you're a fat virgin slut!!!!!!
>;_;

>list the profile as 18
>18

Was Elio's dad gay too? Was that what he meant in their conversation?

If so, it just proves that the parents were fucking weirdos in the first place

So it's okay if I'm 40 and a 16 year old girl wants to ride my dick?

Can I ask how much you are involved in the gay scene or culture? I don't mean this to sound flippant. I genuinely want to know from someone who is in that scene, if you indeed are.

I will stand by my point of there being a problem wherever you look, but if you are within that culture and you say it's one way, i'll not keep arguing against your experiences.

Is the age of consent where you live, 16?

no you mongoloid. he was talking about being in love with his wife back at elio's age. it was about the feeling of love and lust back then that is now unreachable for him since he's older

According to Italy, and many other nations at that age, yes.

I'm 100% straight but I experimented as a teenager, we jerked each other and he blew me, that's all. I wasn't gay because I had to attraction to him romantically, I just had out of control hormones and needed a release.

Yeah, assuming that's legal where you are.

I saw this movie with my girlfriend. She really liked it but I thought it was ok.

If the AoC is 16 then legally? Yes. But there are other things to take into account, most important being that she is very young and decisions like that require more wisdom than the average 16 year old possesses.

I don't know why my fellow Americans here in burgertopia are so fucked up about having sex. We have the oddest hangups, so much so that it almost seems like Pavlovian brainwashing.

I know most Americans can't even point out Italy on a map. But 17 isn't considered underage in Italy.

Openly gay guy (26 years old) who used to be really into the "gay" lifestyle when I was a late teen. I saw a lot of horror stories when it came to older dudes going after young guys. And I just live in some random Midwestern town too. It's a pretty seedy lifestyle. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

>a hot dilf will literally never ever EVER act towards you in any way like this film
kill me
life isn't worth living

>i had gay sex but it wasn't gay

>girlfriend
>really liked it

yeah no shit, women love seeing male on male action and always have. bet armie's wife loved the fact he was messing around with this younger guy. i wouldn't be surprised if they had a threesome either

There's a very big difference between age of consent by law and societal age of consent.
I don't know how it works in european countries, but in Brazil a man in his 40s fucking a 16 year old mostly results in at best people being very weirded out and at worst complete ostracization.

>AHAHA DUDE WHY DONT YOU LIKE FUCKING OR BEING FUCKED BY OTHER MEN IN THE ASS!? GOD YOURE SUCH A PRUDE DUDE FREE LOVE AHAHAH

Chaim, you glow in the dark.

run to Italy, fagot

Timothee needs to keep his hair short

Maybe the balls didn't touch. Stop judging what you don't know.

agreed, looks much better short so you can focus on his odd features and beautiful eyes

That's a very specific strawman that outlines my point; we seem to have a lot of strange hangups about men fucking men or women fucking women. Look at how defensive you are, screeching about a Jewish plot. People like to fuck, user.

Most of Sup Forums is too autistic to understand this desu
Of course there's exceptions and your wealth/reputation/career/race/etc. all influence things but most 40 year olds chasing tail from teenage girls would be considered desperate perverts at best here in Italy. Nobody would really do anything unless they got too forward about it but they'd certainly be looked down on, particularly by those close to the girl.

The sort who can get a pass on that behaviour are few and far between.

This seems like a semantic argument, the reason age of consent in most of Europe is 16 is because that is usually when a female hits puberty, which is the prime indicator of when a human is supposed to give birth.

>cultural relativity
The age of consent in my state is 16. There'd be nothing illegal about what happens in this movie even in my home state (and many states in the US).

It doesn't take any cross-cultural empathizing.

user you're trying to argue that 'experimentation' is 'perfectly fine'. You aren't experimenting. You're admitting openly that you're a fan of dick. And that's fine. But fucking own up to it and stop trying to push your sexual insecurity onto others.

I'm attracted to petite women. I have been since I was 13. I'm a bigger guy so I like having a chick I can toss around a bit. I'm comfortable with that. Thicker women don't arouse me. Fat women don't arouse me. spoopy skeletor women don't arouse me. Men don't arouse me. I never 'experimented' because if the dick doesn't react to it, I'm not attracted to it.

You're attracted to men exclusively, or men and women. And as much as the word faggot gets tossed around here.. nobody gives a shit. You do you. Just stop trying to project onto others because you still feel vulnerable and insecure about your sexuality.

>at worst complete ostracization
>Muh social pressure
This is a tool for roasties and their enablers to try to bully men into behaving certain way so they have a better chance of being wifed up as a 35 year old hag. Real men wouldn't care if some other guy was getting young (but legal) pussy. Any male friend who would shun me over some shit like this is not a man I need in my circle anyway.

And I'm sure as a Sup Forums poster who unironically uses terms like roastie you're simply drowning in friends

I was really drunk when I saw it

Not that user, but I'm 24 and gay.
Yeah, there really is a pattern of older men going for young women among straight people, but among gays it's so much stronger. There're hookup apps that give old and young people direct access to each other to hook up, and young lads don't have the maturity to weed out weirdos that'll fuck them up in the head.
Men are just less selective when it comes to fucking each other, and that makes a huge difference.

Want to know how I can tell you've never dated, much less fucked a young girl?

They're annoying as shit. You don't want them around. Even the sex isn't great because she probably has either never had it before or hasn't had it enough to do anything but lay there. The lust is superficial and generated by hormones telling you to impregnate younger females for a better chance at fertility, that's it.

This. A guy I've known for 25 years had an 18 year old girl as his rebound. Chick was hot as fuck. Amazing tits, fantastic ass, lips made for sucking a dick. He's 30 now and started fucking her "around" when she turned 18. I never gave a fuck, if anything I was happy for the dude because he was plowing a young prime age piece and getting over his ex at the same time.

Nobody cared because it's legal. Obviously legal. Blatantly legal. Beyond any capacity to argue legal.

But a "mid 20s" guy (who looks 40) fucking a kid who isn't even old enough to buy a pack of cigarettes on his own and we're expected to believe this is 'totally fine'? Sorry, no.

You're here too, shitposting about a gay movie in the middle of the day. Hop off your high horse

None of that is relevant to the discussion. The issue at hand is whether or not it's OK to do.

His dad being so ok with it was bizarre. I would be pissed if the person I let stay at me house for the summer was secretly fucking my kid, doesn't matter if it was gay or what age he was, you don't do that when you're a guest.

Apparently it is relevant because some retard is going off about how women (who definitely give him a lot of attention) are trying to make him (a very desireable male I'm sure) date them instead of THE HOT YOUNG TEMPTRESS TEENAGERS (who are lining up at his door)

Jesus you're fucking dumb...
>user you're trying to argue that 'experimentation' is 'perfectly fine'.
Because it is.
>You aren't experimenting. You're admitting openly that you're a fan of dick. And that's fine.
It's like you live in a world where straights never experiment or bis aren't real. Straight women experiment more than men, and they stay straight. You don't magically become genetically homosexual if you put a dick in your mouth, you retarded motherfucker. You are gay if you are sexually attracted to the same sex. There are plenty of examples of straights or bis experimenting to see what they might like and then going "eh, that wasn't for me but ok". It is so absurdly common that you must live under a rock.
>But fucking own up to it and stop trying to push your sexual insecurity onto others.
This irony is so palpable, it broke my spine.
>Im attracted to petite women. I have been since I was 13. I'm a bigger guy so I like having a chick I can toss around a bit. I'm comfortable with that. Thicker women don't arouse me. Fat women don't arouse me. spoopy skeletor women don't arouse me.
Good for you?
>Men don't arouse me. I never 'experimented' because if the dick doesn't react to it, I'm not attracted to it.
Lol right, but some people may not know what gets them hard unless they try it. You realize that not every person is as assured in what they are sexually attracted to, right?
>You're attracted to men exclusively, or men and women.
I'm not attracted to men, but I have had gay experiences with men. I am attracted to women. I'm open to the possibility that I am bi, but kissing men is really off to me.
>And as much as the word faggot gets tossed around here.. nobody gives a shit.
You apparently give so much of a shit that you're bootyblasted this hard about straights experimenting.
>You do you. Just stop trying to project onto others because you still feel vulnerable and insecure about your sexuality.
I'm not vulnerable or insecure.

t. old hag, I sure your jadded saggy ass is what men need.

That good feel when not american

>Bringing up racial shit and Trump for no apparent reason

No, someone who has experience with it. Go ahead and try it. Though I'm sure from the way you're coming off here, you're going to have trouble enticing any woman into bed, regardless of how naive she is.

This movie is the most bourgeouis faggotry I've ever not seen

See this, user? This is commonly referred to "having struck a nerve". You spent 8 minutes typing this babyrage up because I told you something you didn't want to hear. Accept you're a fan of dick, dude. Nobody cares. Do you. But own it. I'm not saying become Richard Simmons. World could use more NPH-style faggots that don't let that shit define their entire existence. But for God's sake.. own it and stop trying to project your insecurities elsewhere.

>who looks 40
I love how what age he looks keeps coming up as if it means a single thing.

So let me get this straight. You were happy when your friend was fucking a girl "around" 18 years old because the AoC said it was legal, but a 24 year old in the film (he looks at most 31, not that that matters) fucking a 17 year old who the AoC says is legal is not okay?

So, you're literally going to ignore my entire post because of some mental block you apparently have where you pretend straight people who experiment are all gays?