YO, there is a 197m DVD version and a 167m BluRay version of pic related...

YO, there is a 197m DVD version and a 167m BluRay version of pic related, is it just fps difference or actually a different film? I can't find help on google.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hI-B6uSd6vE
youtu.be/ldnoBhxs-Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaW-9CODHpc
youtube.com/watch?v=q8PIGdmL-Wk
youtube.com/watch?v=oWbMuuyj6kg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Griffith never completed Intolerance. reshot and edited Intolerance for the rest of his life, carried the debt as well. He added the Bolshevik Revolution and the Salvation Army to subsequent cuts. There is no definitive cut of Intolerance.

The unemployed dude ends up with the mob but then falls in love is literally the only good part of this film

>outdated grandpa bullshit

Stop. You are not le patrician for forcing yourself to watch some boring 5 hour long silent movie. Nobody is impressed. Nobody cares about your fake "taste". Shut the fuck up.

>film
>movie
Oops!

Why is Griffith considered outdated but Dreyer is praised?

because racism and KKK are outdated

Griffith is the solution to postmodern crisis (history repeats in cycles, he was solution for modernity, he is solution for postmodernity 100 years later). The reason you see regurgitation of 80s is complacency with the commercial bubble (everything is an ad), the rejection of wanting to see us as we are and that connection that disrupts motivation for innovation (80s positive feel-good inspirational era, not biting enough). Most that decide to show, do so by means of entertainment (entertain commercially by means of monetary (blockbuster) and artistically by means of beauty (arthouse)). We must return to Griffith in order to shift the paradigm. We must use the language of media to challenge, not reverse, not to flip, but to incite thought and action, to reassess and push for advancement proper. There is a reason that Birth predicted Obama administration, there is reason Birth still incites reaction today more so than any picture

If you've been listening to today's film debate, you may be wondering where this strain of anti-intellectualism came from.
In cinema and in life, ignorance is NOT a virtue. It’s not cool to not know that you’re talking about. That’s not keeping it real or telling it like it is. That’s not challenging political correctness. That's just not knowing what you're talking about.

Racism is more important than ever

Not even OP, but this post made me angry. Why do you assume he's trying to impress you by watching a movie? Who gives a fuck what you think?

how so

>impress
Impressing is spectacle. To capture and reveal is the goal.

This shit has like million different versions. They are largely the same, but all of them are missing some parts. I watched like three and the most complete one was the shortest.

>watched
A monkey watches. A man thinks.

*giggles

youtube.com/watch?v=hI-B6uSd6vE

what's so goddamn funnay

Me

You're a narcissistic little slut

That's right, big boy

for you

i just saw this movie today. It happens to me often. I'm watching some movie, and then, the same day it's discussed here

fucking synchronicity, man

Don't, its fucking boring

this

You must be 18 or older to post here

youtu.be/ldnoBhxs-Uo

this

>film
8/10

>movie
According to the poster it's not a movie, it's a colossal spectacle

Even Armond White knows this.

how does he feel about birth of a nation?

The Birth of a Nation (1915) > Within Our Gates (1920)
You can't understand cinema or America without D.W. Griffith's groundbreaking epic. Oscar Michaux's film is certainly important, but dramatizing what black folks already know means less than coming to terms with what an entire culture buries inside its subconscious.

>no sassy flapper gf
why live /lbg/?

>sassy
gay

> I think a movie
good for you, buddy

>gf
gay

>There is a reason that Birth predicted Obama administration
please elaborate

>>gf
>gay
gay

it was implying he was a sissy, dumdum

>smoothbrain gave moana 2 stars
That explains why he gives film essays high scores

why

BECAUSE HE NEEDS THE FILM TO DO THE THINKING FOR HIM

“I don’t make films to be watched by an impassive eye, I prefer to hit people hard on the nose…”
-Serge Eisenstein

>the virgin movie
>the chad spectacle

>A man thinks.
A paragon absorbs and then amalgamates with the work.

eisenstein is pretty good

>become
No. I am. better

wheres emily jean

no he's pretty shit

What's a single thing this faggot ever did that was noteworthy let alone original.

>every film is a book adaptation
Why do cinephiles wish to be literature so badly

wheres rooney?

wheres brucie poo

Anti-cinema

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaW-9CODHpc

A man who states his superiority, is in fact stating his inferiority. A paragon knows where he stands, hence there being no need for petty remarks.
Your hostile demeanor holds you back. You have built a moat around yourself, only tending to your own "jewel". Muster the courage to build a bridge and maybe, just maybe you will experience true emotion from the moving pictures.

>A paragon
Just say soyboy

i got bullied because i postulated that intolerance was better than the mirror.

>i got bullied
Because you're a weak faggot. Not because of the latter.

Bringing that lingo into this conversation just shows who you are at heart. I needn't trade blows with you, you're doing that to yourself just fine.
As for the vast size of Griffith's filmography, one may be proficient in bringing the aspects of life onto the screen, but if it doesn't resonate, is it all for naught? To have control of that magical ingredient called emotion and be able to truly stir people, to light the fire in their hearts.. Isn't that what we should strive for?

I didn't get Mirror

>Isn't that what we should strive for?
No it's to make fun of you dumb fucks

Rooney is getting laid

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

she makes me so happy!!!!!!!!!!

>"I never knew you cared so much about me!!! I love you!!!"

DELET THIS

I cared about rooney before you were born, nigger

I cared about rooney before you were born, nigger

We have a lot more blacks walking around now

here's a song user wrote for rooney
youtube.com/watch?v=q8PIGdmL-Wk

Racist meme director.

What is a sunplay?!?!?

>there's no value to watching silent films beyond impressing someone
What's it like to be this dumb?

The good ones yes, but not OP

The confidence of youth. Admirable, but one is still in development so it is wasted..
It's clear I cannot form a striking parley with you, so I'll stop trying. Be well, and keep expanding your list of watched films.

Good is middling, good is mediocre.

Birth is racist, Intolerance is sexist, just ignore that hack.

youtube.com/watch?v=oWbMuuyj6kg

fuck niggers

this

this

this

A phrase this memer repeats to sound erudite but if you google it only his threads come up

>the film knowledge of /r/movies

wheres rooney

#NationalDentistDay :) #Cactus Flower
"Oh he's not a dirty rat. He's a dentist." :)