Why did Del Taco totally miss the point of Hellboy comics...

Why did Del Taco totally miss the point of Hellboy comics ? Is he too stupid to understand them or did he just not read them?
>slow paced /creepy gothic horror
>better turn it into a wacky action flick in an urban fantasy setting with a romantic subplot Olé"
What a hack. Can't wait to see the new hellboy...maybe the new director bothered to read a few issues

>the adaptation needs to be identical to the original work, just like Sin City

>demon turns good because he eats pancakes at a military base
Very frightful, such scary, wow

>Very frightful, such scary, wow
you need to go back

You do know we was close to Mike Mignola, who had as much input in the movie as die Guillermo

>adapt something
>make it fundamentally different
Just make a new IP, faggot.

Why are you so insufferable Sup Forums?

I bet you liked snyders watchmen

I'm sure Mike didn't care besides getting some cash. That fat Mexican raped his creation

comicrap and capeshit deserve to be discussed only in terms of outdated 9gag memes.

I bet you like to suck dicks

Homophobic much?

Got a problem with that, faggot?

wahhh wahhh wahhh
>thread hidden

>drops Hellboy 3 to make a flick about his Abe Sapien OC fanfic and wins the oscar for best director and best movie with it.

How mad is DC right now?

Wasn't fiah guy basically the one from hellboy, what are the chances he made the new movie because he had the protethics around

DC has nothing to do with, it's Dark Horse published creator owned material.

And, del Toro met with Perlman, Mignola, Dark Horse, the film producers and discussed Hellboy 3. They couldn't reach an agreement, and he left, letting them do a reboot, wich is said to be much closer to the comics (it is also written by four people who have all written Mignolaverse, including Mignola himself).

Only reason for DC to be mad is that he didn't make Justice League Dark

>comic writers

Literally one step above fanfic writers and only because they are paid.

In the case of cape comics it’s a safe rule of thumb but Hellboy and BPRD are really well written stuff.

>implying Rian Johnson didn't write the most expensive fanfic ever last year

>better turn it into a wacky action flick in an urban fantasy setting with a romantic subplot Olé"
sounds like pretty standard hollywood marching orders it's not rocket science.

Hellboy was kino

t. dark horse employee

>the adaptation needs to be identical to the original work, just like Sin City
In same sense, “Yes!” but there two are totally different mediums. I say nobody has given deep thoughts on this particular process of adapting comics into cinema as far as I concern. That even goes to both Marvel & DC. Del Toro did good job considering the nature of cinema, though.

Not being fundamentally true to the adaptation isn't by itself a critique because if it were then it's just the same experience as reading the source and most of the times worse. That's like getting angry that the Shining isn't a true adaptation if it was it would just be a rehash. Also you have to come to terms with the fact on the consumeristic side of things, most people that need to watch the movie in order for the movie to make a profit haven't read the source

So, tell us what you're doing for a living

>pitches Creature of the Black Lagoon remake to Universal
>they say no, we're doing our Dark University instead
>takes his ideas, reworks them, and makes The Shape of Water

The question I rather how mad is Universal right now

The Hellboy comics aren't "slow paced /creepy gothic horror."