How did they manage to fuck up such an easy franchise?

How did they manage to fuck up such an easy franchise?

Literally keep doing the same movie over but set in different time periods. It would never get old.

Jurassic age, with evolved intelligent raptors.
Stone age, with neanderthals.
Ancient egypt.
Viking.
Colonial americas with aztrecs. (the reason they were submissive to the europeans is because the aztecs went through a whole ordeal with the predators)
WW1 (WW2?)
First predator film.
Second predator film.
Alien future.

will we ever get fempredator?
I would pay to see that even if the film was shit

People wanted a cross over. Those people were and are retarded.

There was (early 90s) an actually good russian mock-novel (literally fanfic) about possible sequel where Dutch and Harrigan join forces when they are sent (by Garber, no less) in rescue mission on Antarctic polar station, where Predator start his hunting season clad in temperature resistant costume.

The Predator character wasn't built for franchise longevity
1) can't speak English
2) unlike any horrorish villains, killed in first movie by one guy, limiting momentum and threat level
3) the mystery of Predator 1 is half the fun
4) unlike Alien, the Predator creature has a very basic, primitive goal, to hunt. It's literally the title
5) the Predator creature doesn't even have a species name, or an individual name, and the brand is built a generic name. Imagine if Jaws was an alien, that's Predator

The movie Predators blew its load, because this was the premise of the originally planned Arnold sequel. He gets abducted to the home planet. Instead they turned into a movie where Jewish IDF soldiers are the only survivors, lol, so subtle.

Hishnik 3.

The author of Annihilation and the Southern Reach Trilogy actually wrote a Predator book, set in an African safari, iirc.

Great post. Cool idea too, pun intended, except it treads on The Thing.

The Predator comics do exactly this, span eons, no?

Yes, I thought the idea was over-the-top, but much later I found comic book Predator Cold War (about Predator hunting in frozen Siberia, no less) and later - AvP, where they literally in Antarctic.

So I think the idea of Predator in cold environment was very popular.

>the Predator creature doesn't even have a species name

Yautja

what are you talking about?

Exactly, that's a crappy name. Americans can't pronounce or remember that. Fail.

"Franchise" is pure cancer, and all the good movies that got "franchised", like Predator, Alien, Terminator, Rambo etc. only resulted in shitty sequels that lacked the soul of the original. The only way to do a good Predator franchise movie is to not do it at all.

They didn't really. Until they hit AvP:Requiem which made it more of a body terror schlock fest with a bunch of unsympathetic ass holes as main characters.

AvP in the Arctic was interesting because it saw Humans working with predators.

Predators was pretty good horror because it took everything frightening about Predators and dropped the vulnerable hunted in their own backyard.

What they desperately need to do now, is flesh out the Predators culture more. We got hints in Predators. But what makes them strive for the hunt? Then start going crazy with the technology they use.

>hunt the toughest, most intelligent creatures in the galaxy
>only ever do it with retardedly OP technology
>still manage to die to a human with stone age technology
Is there a shittier alien species?

Kryptonians and Asgardians are worse

What modern filmmakers miss - actual reality and WORLD political situation.

First Predator was about jungle warfare in South America. Late 80s: Iran-Contras scandal. Panama and Grenada invasion - it was pretty actual and realistic that Predator start hunting in war-torn SA jungle.

What the sequel was about? 90s, crime-wave in cities. There is no war (Desert Storm was quick, Balkans were europeans problem till 1999) so internal problem matter first.

What Predators and AvP was about? Completely fictional situations without connection to reality.

So what they need NOW? Of course - Predator in Middle East!

what is the xenomorph's goal?

Females are bigger than the males and don't hunt iirc.

what about their tits? are they big bazoongas too?

>Females are bigger than the males

It's nowhere near as bad as how they fucked up the Alien series.
They took a solid, gritty, adult franchise and turned it into an plot hole-ridden Star Trek-tier fantasy series.

only the first one was gritty, it turned into sci-fi shlock with aliens

The Assembly cut of Alien3 is great too, it's the only sequel that even came close to capturing the tense atmosphere of the original

>female predator
Hello sexy, fancy a kiss?

not user, but i think it hasnt a "goal". i mean, its like an apex predator/hive (no pun int) trying to exist at all cost, and that's make it more catchy

MOMMY!

>How did they manage to fuck up such an easy franchise?
>Jurassic age, with evolved intelligent raptors.
I don't know, how did you?

The comics basically did all this and they're great, first one I read was set in the American Civil War, had a native american talking about how the wendigo was after them

>Rambo
This is where you're wrong dude. Rambo is a great franchise because it has a human subject, who unlike John McClane is a trained killer with global scope due to the MIC, while unlike Bond is grounded in the tragedy of third world conflict.

This is what Predators was missing. Predator 1 and 2 are cool bc the human protags are front and center. Ideally Predator 3 would be Ahnuld and Glover being dropped on Predator Planet. I believe iirc Predator was originally pitched as Rambo vs an alien. (Contra for NES used a similar premise for box art).

So Predator 3 should be with The Rock, or Charlize Theron, or Tom Hardy, or Keanu. You need a cool actor, a major actor, to build up the match. What you don't want is exposition about why Predators have dreadlocks and spears and shit, unless it's an Easter egg delivery system. And setting, always change it up. You can add a "twist," like two Predators are hunting, or the Predators are revealed to have arrived this time to fight a crazier alien that wants to conquer Earth.

Shane Black's Predator will flop, because there's no main hero. The skeleton crew too is weak. There's nothing to grab onto to.

MORE

I'd watch it.

Predator v Isis

> It was apparently considered a very unwise thing to do or even consider, for an insulted and angry Yautja female was not something even a not-too-wise male wanted to create. Apparently an angered Yautja female is far stronger than even an armed male.
> Mating was considered pleasurable, one of Dachandes mates had tossed him across a room during the heat of their mating and that had been an accident. Females were known to howl in ecstasy during it and it is noted that there is apparently a breeding season.

Ewww, he's be kissing her teeth, there's no lips on the inside bit.

>Cancelled films

>During the 1990s, there were treatments written for a third Predator installment. One, titled Predator 3: Deadlier of the Species, was written by Sam Park and followed Arnold Schwarzenegger's character Dutch during a blizzard in New York.[39] A second script was written by Robert Rodriguez. Titled Predators, it was set on a 17th-century ship. The script was turned down for budget reasons.[40] A third script, titled The Zoo, had Dutch and Harrigan being taken to the Predator homeworld.[41]

They tried.

My creative writing class was reading a students story and I almost burst out laughing thinking about this

> getting your dick sucked by fempred

The Xenomorph's goal is not its own, it was created as a means to an end as a bio-weapon. But the Xenomorph differs from Predator because it operates and resides in the alien vastness of outer space. This scope is a giant sandbox you can fill with unrelated threats, warfare, accidents, and constraints like oxygen and ship energy. The xenomorph is more like an animal, like Jaws, except it's world is infinite and unexplored. I said Predator was like Jaws, it is in so far as it can't speak, relies on low visibility, and can be defeated with spare tools. But Predator is less scary than a xenomorph because it displays a human-like intelligence, and a moral code of war. That's why Predator must have a great human foil, to give it personality by adversity. But I think we can all picture what Predator 3 should be, it needs to be bigger on Earth, with a big star, and it must go off world in the third act, picture the star trying to escape their ship. Then you end on a holy fuck moment, either crashing on their home planet (ignoring Predators bullshit) of pyramids, or on an even worse planet, where one surviving Predator communicates how fucked they are, to the sound of creatures roaring.

That they did. Rodriguez fucked it all up handing it to (((Nimrod))) to direct. Guys named Nimrod should not be able to direct anything except their suicide.