What was his plan?

All fucking kidding and meming aside what did happen

I've seen this movie 4 times and I never really understood the motivations/details of the bomb plot.

>Was getting caught part or your plan...etc etc. Yeah yeah.

Please can someone properly explain it as I can't be bothered watching a 6/10 movie again.
No meming, just if you know the details of the plot, why did they want Dr Pavel to "die" and how did they catch Bane.

And Bane probably wasn't even know much by then, so surely it wouldn't have been a big deal to catch him anyway?

And where we're they transporting them too?

First

BANE?

What would Bane's plan have been if they'd taken off their hoods before getting on the plane? It's all well and good saying they didn't because they're dumb, but surely Bane can't have been counting on that?

He was pretending that he was going to execute every hostage except the one who talks, by pretending to shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane, and telling them that he's only officially filed for one surviving hostage to arrive at their destination. To get them to talk. He's not the type of guy who would do it for real though.
Even Bane comments on the silliness of this strategy

CIA is himself experiencing a fight club-esque identity crisis. doesn't the mantra "i'm CIA" strike you as the ramblings of a mad man? he uses it to cling to what he thinks, what he HOPES he is. he wants a purpose. he can't be a monolithic singularity like batman, bane or raja ghoul.

we see his instability when he projects it onto his prisoners. the perfect canvases with their silent tongues and blank faces. "who paid you to grab doctor puddle?". as we all know, CIA is himself being paid to grab doctor puddle. he's questioning authority and allegiance. "he didn't fly so good": here he refers to himself in the third person, in an out of body experience. he knows he's slipping, he's doing poorly, this plane trip isn't going to plan. CIA didn't fly so good. "a lot of loyalty for a hired gun". why is he loyal to the CIA, so much so that he considers them one and the same?

and of course, "why does he wear the mask?". CIA doesn't know any more, he doesn't know why he rises every day and wears the mask of a steely-eyed and hardened CIA agent.

and that, my friends, is why he becomes his own bane. think for a moment. CIA and his underlings enter the plane with doctor pavlova, bane, and the mercs. we're seeing all the events from the eyes of CIA. all we really know is that CIA enters and bane leaves. do we know bane entered? of course not! he wore the bag, and CIA/bane left so many corpses on the plane, it isn't hard for him to imagine he is finally free of his law-keeping vessel, having left it with his brother, a representation of the shedding of his other identity. he embraces the bane of his existence.

coupled with the heavy insectile metamorphosis imagery (shedding of the wings, the body of the plane hanging like a cocoon from which bane springs and flys out anew, the blood-sucking and the mosquito man, the body bag being opened like the amniotic sac of an embryo) i think it's fair to say this is entirely canon.

so there was never a flight plan?

Bane's master plan was to destroy Gotham, Batman, and Bruce Wayne. I believe the purpose of faking Dr. Pavel's death was to bait Wayne into giving Miranda Tate (Talia al-Ghul) access to his reactor/generator.

The CIA obviously wanted Pavel to get information from him on weapons technology.

So,they didn't want to catch Bane.

He faked his way onto the plane?
But then CIA knew who Bane was anyway?

This makes some sense.

But was Bane meant to be on the plane or not.

Cringe

Truly a modern masterpiece. Bravo, Nolan.

The irony is that if he had properly filed his flight plan he would have had to remove the masks to quickly identify his hostages. CIA's a weaver caught in his own web.

Everyone knew who Bane was once he put on the mask.

checking those trips
Bane wanted to get on the plane. Getting caught was part of his plan, so he could move on to the next step and crash the plane with no survivors. CIA did not realize Bane was on the plane until Bane showed that he could at least talk.

Got it

And CIA wanted Dr Pavel to (illegally) find out what he was up to?

thanks doc

I don't think the movie ever touches on that. There's no indication that CIA had any prior knowledge that Bane was after Dr. Pavel. In the opening scene, CIA expresses surprise when the mercenaries turned in men working for Bane along with Dr. Pavel. It's likely that CIA's interest in Bane was unrelated to their interest in Dr. Pavel.

Dr Pavel had defected to the US but had been captured by unknown enemies, CIA had Masketta's team get him back, and they captured (or were instructed by Bane to capture) Dr Pavel's non-friends, who turned out to be Bane and his men infiltrating the plane under the guise of being prisoners.
Basically Pavel was trying to get to the US via CIA but Bane got him first and was pretending he hadn't to trick CIA.

If he already had him, and the resources to take his death via a blood transfusion, why bother with the plane?

To show that Bane is a big guy with the master plan. But yes now you are understanding how practically the plan was a big dumb waste.

>"Doctor Pavel, I'm CIA"
Right off the bat it seems bizarre to introduce Pavel as a 'Doctor', especially when he's being rendered from what appears to be a hostage situation. There's no reassurance, no diplomacy, no warmth. Perhaps "Leonid Pavel I'm CIA Agent Wilson." But we can forgive this as the subtle tricklings of 3rd person observation into text on the writer's part.

Next, CIA accepts 3 hooded hostages without any attempt to ensure their identities or how secure their braces actually are. We're drawn to the eponymous question: "Bane"? And here we descend even further into pure madness.

My first impressions of Bane, as he's introduced by CIA was of some kind of celebrity. Call it meme hindsight if thou whilst, but there's something almost mythical about this nomenclature. Bane is alluded too very ominously and then...SURPRISE HE'S ON THE PLANE! And...his only goal is to snatch Doctor Pavel find out what he told CIA, which he wouldn't actually have had the oppurtunity to do if Bane had simply never allowed Doctor Pavel into CIA's clutches, however briefly, in the first place.

Bane is IN A JEEP, WITH DOCTOR PAVEL. But let's say Bane truly needed the world to think Leo Pavel dead. Alright. So why bring the CIA into it? Why not just burn Pavel's house down and use the same trick with the blood?

Why does Bane, the mystical, deified mastermind, have to hijack a CIA airplane to recapture a prisoner he already had secured in the first place? Why does he have to risk and kill one of his men in the first place?
>"They will expect one of us in the wreckage, brother."
What? Why wouldn't you just fake a plane hijacking with dead bodies? Like, Bane was connected enough to disguise his proximity to a secure CIA transport, why can't he rent a big plane to drop the fuselage of another plane out of, if he's so desperate to crash a plane?

It's not just a pile of logical fallacy, it's like negative crazy-thoughts pieced together by some kind of monster.

Therefore Bane is actually CIA. He left his own brother in the wreckage to fake his own death, because they share the same blood

bravo nolan

Pretty well explained

Maybe he killed him to wrap it up neatly keep heat off the trail?

How did he fix the batpod at the end to blow up?

Which charter knew about flying planes at the beginning of the movie?

the thread rises

Come now annon now's not the time for fear
that comes later