If Supes officially left Earth to pursue a career as the Blue Lantern leader who should he appoint his replacement?

If Supes officially left Earth to pursue a career as the Blue Lantern leader who should he appoint his replacement?

Kara and Conner.

the movie was shit

Shazam

>Well gee John, I need someone to defend Metropolis while I'm in space, but Shaq isn't a very good actor so we'll just have to hope Batman's in town the next time Mongul attacks

J'onn.

Kara.

And if not her, Billy/Shazam. Conner isn't around anymore and Jon's ten so.

>Conner isn't around anymore
Just wait. Hopefully.

I miss him.
But he seems kind of redundant with Jon around now.

There are plenty of choices.

Kara, Karen, Conner, John, J'onn, Mon-El, a bunch of Superman Robots, all have been done before.

pretty much this unless they do what they did in reborn and merge them together

does it matter, the Blues will be genocided again next month so he'll return

Have we not gotten Karen back in the regular books? I know we got regular Helena instead of Earth-2 Helena, but no Karen so far right?

The thing is, I wouldn't want that because Connor was always more Superman's kid brother than his son. I liked that relationship.

I mean we could get Mon-El back to fit that role but, having Superman's clone with two daddies with Lex was always a good time.

And even if they are, they'll come back again and again.

You can't kill hope or anyone in comics forever.

Except Batman's parents.

In a surprise twist, Lex Luthor.

Supergirl. This has been addressed in "imaginary stories" in the past.

Mon-El has the lead issue going on, and it's been shown that you kind of need a Brainiac to fix that. And with only the evilest one being canon at the moment that not an option

Iron Giant

We could make some kind of weird Kon/mon-el mash up where he's like a half daxamite from the Phantom Zone and he has no lead poisoning/TK powers.

Well, it's very comic book-y, if nothing else. But he could just be from Daxam but the kid of some Kryptonian who rebelled and left Krypton so he could go to Daxam and shag and create super babies. Or the kid of Lex Luthor who created a portal to Daxam so he could shag/half-clone a Daxamite and have a kid who could fight Superman.

Doesn't Johns have a big soft spot for Connor? I'm sure he wants to bring him back, because I remember his specifically hating the Nu52 Superboy so much that he just immediately gave up on the character.

Maybe? I'm at least assuming that they are not keeping the n52 stuff since it crashed and fizzled pretty badly

Johns in particular has been incredibly "burn it to the ground" regarding most of the Nu52 Teen Titans run beyond some very basic stuff like Tim and Beast Boy were team mates, Raven was there, etc.

Lex

Goku

The Super Family with Jon learning from each of them. Even Lex.

I would like to see Jon hang out more with Kara.

Damian hangs out with Nightwing all the time.

It's a shame lanterns are so overpowered they could easily overwhelm everything else, because it would be really cool to have some existing cahracters become lanterns on a more permanent basis

Martian Manhunter. He could even look like him and most wouldn't even know the difference.

>Blues
>Jews
>Genocide
>KILL THE BLUES

Why is it suffering being a Blue Lantern?

I would actually like it if current Super-Man took this approach, Clark leaves to go defend the universe, he and Luthor come to some sort of understanding and appoints Luthor as the new Man of Steel.

Same. Any of the members really. Maybe each one shows what being Superman means, at least them.

So? Comic Steel is based as fuck

He could be blue lantern of sector 2814 though

no just reintroduce Vril

I think it would be the 2813 one, tends to go by native sector regardless of what part of space you're in at the time

This was already done in the Silver Age, continued in Morrison's All Star Superman and even referenced in the attempt to salvage that shitty Grounded run after JMS couldn't keep up (e.g. was shown the door): The Supermen of America and/or the Superman Dynasty.

This is the right idea - Kenan Kong should be included, Lex likely won't be Superior Super Man much longer. I'm also not sure Clark would leave Earth without Lois and Jon, OR that he would leave Earth without Jon coming of age.

>And if not her, Billy/Shazam.

I kind of feel insulted. Billy batson turns into a sidekick/legacy to superman

He would never do that

>the king of jobbing
>replacement superman
Let's be real here, it would be batman

>But he seems kind of redundant with Jon around now.
Not really. Conner could always act like he wants to step out of Supe's shadow/be his own man

He had a movie?

Would that chinese superman be a good choice?

the cutest replacement.

What exactly do you mean by "replacement"?
Every available character with similar powers and morals is already a superhero. If one of them becomes the new Superman, do they need to find a replacement for who they were before? Is it replacements all the way down?
If, say, Kara becomes Superman, there would be no Supergirl then, right? And it's okay to have a world without a Supergirl, but Superman must be replaced? Why? What difference would it make if Kara keeps her name?

what's the source of this panel?