This is one of the highest grossing movies of all time. Lets talk about it (and not the guy who hits the propeller)

This is one of the highest grossing movies of all time. Lets talk about it (and not the guy who hits the propeller)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5uieWdgHp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>"CLANG"

>and not the guy who hits the propeller
okay.. :(

Saw it the other day. Still beautiful.

>the slowly disappearing TITANIC name after it sinks underwater

still gets me every time.

he's right/ the center propeller was run from electric turbine, and only got power from the steam of the boilers

bump

all the stuff with the historical characters is kino

all the stuff with jack and kate seems like something james cameron was obliged to do for commercial appeal. he would rather have been making a disaster movie involving a bunch of middle aged british dudes but if it's gonna cost $200 million it's got to also be a Disney Princess movie.

wow. respect, really /tv amazes me

knowing that isnt even that weird, but i love posting this, because this guy truly is autistic about titanic

honestly, love people with "weird" passion. people laugh at them, while they are really devoted.

Solid movie 8 out of 10
However only 1 out of 2344 propeller deaths
bringing the corrected score to 4 out of 10

Missed oppurtunity by Cameron

Why did they cut the most kino scene?

284 EXT. COLLAPSIBLE A / OCEAN

The boat is overloaded and half-flooded. Men cling to the sides in the
water. Others, swimming, are drawn to it as their only hope. Cal, standing
in the boat, slaps his oar in the water as a warning.

CAL

Stay back! Keep off!

Fabrizio, exhausted and near the limit, makes it almost to the boat. Cal
CLUBS HIM with the oar, cutting open his scalp.

FABRIZIO

You don't... understand... I have... to get... to America.

CAL

(pointing with the oar)

It's that way!

CLOSE ON FABRIZIO as he floats, panting each breath agony. You see the spirit leave him.

FABRIZIO'S POV: Cal in SLOW MOTION, yelling and wielding the oar. A demon in a tuxedo. The image fades to black.

on the other hand, can you imagine what a full on modern titanic disaster movie would have been like?
At least Cameron had genuine respect for the ship and it's tragedy.

In the early trailers you can see Cal hit someone with an oar. rip fabreeze

Sounds like this guy would love Septentrion on the Super Nintendo. It's essentially an "escape from the Titanic" game.

FAKE HISTORY

>muh iceberg

Jim knew what he was doing
>get the historical audience
>get the action guys audience
>get the teen couples audience
>get the winter season audience

bam #1 movie of all time

When is Cameron going to do a Bismarck movie?

Cameron is also a liberal, so unless theres some kind of sjw message he can get from it, i dont think he will do it

>youtube.com/watch?v=O5uieWdgHp4

>Ice(((BERG)))
every time

>Giant ship gets taken out by ice cube
Unrealistic movie

>The Bismarck
>not the Graf Spee
pleb

Never saw it.

Rewatched it a couple months ago on TV

still hold ups to this day. No idea how Avatar surpassed it in sales.

The effects are great

>One cannot fight the Cameronfag by positive means. He is a negative, and this negative must be erased from the Sup Forums system, or he will forever corrupt it.
>One cannot discuss the Cameron question with the Cameronfags. One can hardly prove to a person that one has the duty to render him harmless.
>One cannot allow the Cameronfag the same means one would give an honest opponent, for he is no honorable opponent. He will use generosity and nobility only to trap his enemy.
>The Cameronfag has nothing to say about Sup Forums questions. He is a foreigner, an alien, who only enjoys the rights of a guest, rights that he always abuses.
>The so-called religious morality of the Cameronfags is no morality at all, rather an encouragement to betrayal. Therefore, they have no claim to protection from the state.
>The Cameronfag is not smarter than we are, rather only cleverer and craftier. His system cannot be defeated economically — he follows entirely different moral principles than we do. It can only be broken through political means.
>A Cameronfag cannot insult a Sup Forums user. Cameronfag slanders are but badges of honor for a Sup Forums opponent of the Cameronfags.
>The more a Sup Forums person or a Sup Forums movement opposes the Cameronfag, the more valuable it is. If someone is attacked by the Cameronfags, that is a sure sign of his virtue. He who is not persecuted by the Cameronfags, or who is praised by them, is useless and dangerous.
>The Cameronfag evaluates Sup Forums questions from the Cameron standpoint. As a result, the opposite of what he says must be true.
>One must either affirm or reject anti-Avatarism. He who defends the Cameronfags harms his own people. One can only be a Cameron lackey or a Cameron opponent. Opposing the Cameronfags is a matter of board hygiene.

Really is surprising no-one has made a movie about this story. Could easily be a masterpiece.

I was practicing R with some data from the Titanic. Pretty interesting stuff.

get out is a garbage movie that sold like shit, doesn't even compare to both Titanic or Avatar (the greatest movie of all time btw)

I did that too.
I guess everyone uses that data.

PLEASE, I HAVE A CHILD!

based zane. living to fight another day
it was pretty interesting and actually fun once I got how to use R. i can see why people like playing with data.

everyone looked great

Based Cal saving the women, children, and rich men of Collapsible A and from a near certain sinking at the hands of entitled greedy plebs. Truly Billy Zane was /oarguy/

it's the highest grossing movie of all time because a shit load of teenage girls went back to see it like 50 times

Billy did no wrong

and if you didn't go with them you missed out on some easy sex

>tfw greek and balding
life is unfair

never4get

when is billy gonna play varoufakis?

Are you studying R in a college or by yourself?

Zane is one of those rare men who looks good regardless of balding / being bald, so that's no biggie for him. HOWEVER...

Nah man nah

how do i bald gracefully like based ZANE?

Same. I fucking love these autists.

Genetics, mostly. The shape of his head is unusually nice and balanced, plus his facial features makes his face proportional even if he's lacking hair.

It's not a coincidence that he still has a high-fashion model fiancé at the age of 52 despite the fact that he hasn't made any noise in probably 15 years.

lex luthor

>tfw rewatch the Dead Calm every once in while just to see him rape Nicole Kidman at her prime

>film that simultaneously fulfilled my historical/special effects desires as a kid while putting me on the path towards manhood
What happened to blockbusters like this? Seems like none of these $200 million movies these days have a fraction of the dedication that went into this and LOTR.
2010's capeshit was the worst thing to happen to film.

if it wasn't for 2010s capeshits 100% of all movies last year would have been politically charged

capeshit are just movies made for fun with no politics behind them, that's why they sell

jim is just a technical perfectionist. like others, it started my obsessive interest in the titanic which continues to this day.

>capeshit are just movies made for fun with no politics behind them, that's why they sell
Tell that to their most recent blockbuster

Oh shit I've got 882 1/2 and Ghost Liners back home, I always loved the latter one a lot because the paintings looked photorealistic (I forgot the artist's name but he's done a ton of shipwreck paintings that make you feel like you're really there).
I wish I could find them in high res.

titanic was a mistake

Ken Marschall. Incredible artist. I'd recommend Art of Titanic to you, its 95% titanic painting by Marschall, but also some of his other liner paintings show up at the end.

i also have one of his prints on my wall

bump