Which foreign country makes best movies? Pic unrelated

Which foreign country makes best movies? Pic unrelated

How anyone can call this shit kino is astounding.
It's so fucking dull.

t. man that hasn't a pure razor-blade mind

What are you talking about? Le Samourai? Do you think it's astounding or dull, your comment is very incomprehensible

France and Brazil

Honestly, a lot of countries have great films, but

Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Italy and Brazil are my favs

My eyes were glued to the screen the entire time and I was 100% invested in it. Maybe you're just stupid and don't know it?

Slopes can't emote.

Agreed, Le Samourai is visually very appealing movie and Alain Delon's performance is flawless.

Japan unironically, not including anime shit. Even if all their shit in the last 25 years has been bad, Kurosawa makes up for it all

Taiwan

Italy

Go say that to Toshiro Mifune, motherfucker wasn't even a actor when he started working with Kurosawa

>very incomprehensible

user's post is poorly written, but so is your response. Please tell me you see what you did wrong.

HK Cinema is great

what?

what's wrong with saying ''very incomprehensible''?

Stop calling countries that aren't USA "foreign countries".

Historically Italy and France, but now Chile.

Italy is indisputably the best if you're into exploitation

I hated Suspiria, visually it's almost revolutionary, but the story is more like some fucking fairy tale. Not scary at all

Stfu foreigner, this is an American website

I swooned. Which Chow Yun-Kino is this from?

In my personal experience lately it's South Korea (East/South-East Asia is great overall still. Johnnie To is keeping Hong Kong worthwhile post-2000 almost by himself), but overall probably France followed by Japan.
I'm curious about Brazil and Chile. You don't hear much about them and I haven't really gone looking into either yet.

Honestly, if I watched horror movies to be scared then I would hate the genre. I love italian horror but if you're trying to get scared then it's not for you.

Actually Mario Bava's Black Sabbath was good

any country is a foreign country to a majority of people

Hungary

>LE
yikes

Bava is classic, do you like Black Sunday?

And it's a great story with a crisp plot.

Russia (formerly Soviet Union), France and Italy

Absolutely
Absolutely

france, japan, poland, czechia

Probably usa

The US

A Better Tomorrow II.
Spoiler for the first A Better Tomorrow be warned. His character died in the first one, but he plays the characters twin brother who is even deadlier than Mark-Gor.

What are some good Czech films?

Ohhh, I've seen and really liked the first one and heard that II was also good, but the premise that you mentioned has kept me off it. Is it worth watching?

UNQUESTIONED BEST TIER
>USA

ACCEPTABLE TIER
>Japan
>France

HASN'T MADE A GOOD MOVIE SINCE THE 70s TIER
>Italy
>"Great" Britain

NOT EVEN A COUNTRY ANYMORE TIER
>USSR

ONLY ONE GOOD DIRECTOR TIER
>Sweden
>Poland

NOTHING BUT SHIT TIER
>China
>South Korea
>India
>Denmark
>all of Latin America

The storyline and themes aren't as good as the first one, but it really shows John Woo's progression as an action director, as well as the increased budget. The action is much more like The Killer, instead of A Better Tomorrow so expect a lot of shooting. Yun-Fat Chow is still really great though and there is one very emotional sequence in the film. I recommend checking it out for sure.

Sounds pretty good, I'll have to give it a watch, cheers

>cinematography has effectively plateaued with the advent of CG and greenscreen sets hobbling film visuals
>any location shoot that's competently done will look great
>TV and movies no longer have gulf in anything but runtime
>and yet France and Japan still make garbage that looks like it was made for TV in 2006

Dreyer was nice though

>France
>UK
>Japan
>SK
>NZ
>Sweden
Definitive list

>Brazil
errado

Tell me the one good polish director so i can explain why you are wrong.

This. Although they got a little rusty desu.