Is there a movie or show character similar to Spike Spiegel? I simply can't think of someone as cool as him

Is there a movie or show character similar to Spike Spiegel? I simply can't think of someone as cool as him

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fSlUhkQ3eyA
youtube.com/watch?v=uJqUEc1fUEw
youtube.com/watch?v=zs3pYBQhtkM
youtube.com/watch?v=A6zqLx8tii4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sam Spade in Maltese Falcon.

He is the pinnacle of noir cool, and needless to say the inspiration for Spike, if not directly (likely it is direct, though), then by proxy.

Humphrey Bogart is so fucking cool

>lol I'll just kill myself cause my oneitis is dead
>also I'm poor and a shitty bounty hunter
>but I smoke so I'm cool

Shinji Ikari was more succesful in life than Spike. Consider that for a sec.

Samurai Champloo is basically cowboy bebop but in feudal japan

>>>r/anime

If you haven't watched it yet Samurai Shamploo has a lot of similarities to Cowboy Bebop. Same English VA in it as Spike too.

Alas it isn't simply more Cowboy Bebop

Buddy (six string samurai)

What ethnicity was spike? He's clearly not white.

My guess is that he's Jewish or some sort of mixed race mutt. Maybe he's part chinese or at least asian which is why he joined the Red Dragon crime gang and knows kung fu.

Raylan Givens

Philip Marlowe is way cooler

john wick

His last name is Jewish but he ran with a Chinese gang. I know a happa that looks just like him

He's Future-Jew. After subverting the governemtns of the old world, FJ's became the master race and started gassing other ethnicities by the millions. very sad they didn't go into that plotline with Spike and Vicious.

>Get me his non union American equivalent

I'm guessing half jewish half chinese

Samurai Champloo is garbage without story, and you are a faggot

What ethnicity was Vicious?

Anyone else think that he's mexican?

champloo was kind of shit. didn't have a fraction of the impact. nobody even talks about it anymore

Future Black or FB

Spike is german

>Future Jews gas everyone
>Leave Gypsies alive
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fSlUhkQ3eyA

Future Gypsies are what we would consider Current timeline Jewish.

>tfw can't stand raylan cause he's always trying to tell people what to do despite being as flawed as them

He's based on Elliot Gould in The Long Goodbye + Bruce Lee

Vincent is Vincent Cassel in Doberman + Bob Dylan

but he was born on mars

no he's jewish

Wikipedia says his name is a Christian German name.

It means mirror apparently

"No!"
based

Vincent is literally fucking Vincent Gallo to a t, I absolutely do not understand how they could look literally the exact same and share the same fucking name and no one on the production team will state they were quite apparently inspired by Gallo

I can't remember if it was ever concretely said who Vincent was inspired by if anyone but I know for a fact they've never come out and said Gallo, which is just bullshit, it's so fucking beyond obvious

It's quite obvious

youtube.com/watch?v=uJqUEc1fUEw

fine. i'll post it.

>tfw no space fishing trawler.

Don't mean shit. Spike always points forward and says "bang" before he takes naps!

>ethnicity
>in the future
oh Sup Forums u so dumb :3

I wouldn't say it's shit but it's definitely in a lower league than bebop. I still find it really comfy because of the music though RIP in peace Nujabes

What's up with these awful names?

someone asked the director whether he was jewish and he said "sure, why not"

Why would Spike's ethnicity even matter?
Firstly, earth is a giant fucking shithole by then. Most countries probably aren't even around snymore since everyone went to space. Secondly, he is not American and doesn't walk around, clutching his ancestry.com results in his pockets waiting to tell someone he's actually 1/89987 Dutch and 32/976 German.

Everyone in the future is a mutt.

this good jojo

dubs of truth

Spike didn't need to be successful, or own material possessions, because he had wealth in the form of being cool
that's right, he was a Chad and already succeeded in life by just existing and knowing kung fu

if he became rich, or "successful", or w/e else it would have become shitty powercreep shounen

>FJs
>FBs
i love u

>has depression and kills himself over some thot
LOL

he did what he had to do for his family and honor

>thot
but a soyboy like you will never understand it lol

I made it to like 3/4 of the serie but some episodes had too much of a complex meaning/plot for me to understand, I don't know how do anyone understand it and I don't, I always tended to be good at literature at school (where you read books/novels and have to make an analisis of it). It has been over a year though, I will rewatch the whole serie once again soon. The last time I watched cowboy bebop I was taking those fucking psych drugs which made my brain retarded.

>calling samurai champloo shit
It's literally one of the best animes ever created, what the fuck are you saying? I gues it's not for weaboo faggots taste neither a normie overrated anime like Death Note

it's one of maybe 5 not terrible anime series in existence

You're one of those people who pose for selfies with a fedora and katana aren't you

samurai champloo is the definition of overrated normie anime, it seems to me you are a brainlet.

>samurai champloo
>shit
the baseball episode alone elevates it to kino

>Has a new even if disfuntional family with Jet and Valentine
>LEROYYYYY JENKINS XDD! LOL,fug I'm dead

>he thinks Spike died
>he doesn't know that Spike just passed out from exhaustion
>he doesn't knwo that the star that disappeared was Vicious's, who despite being evil, was himself a great man

we're talking if an anime character is cool or not

you're not very self aware yourself, are you?

He's a westaboo lone ranger cowboy mixed with an ex mobster.
Traveling around randomly to bag bad dudes for redemption is as generic as it gets story wise.

Probably half Japanese half German.

I want to watch only because of Nujabes.

>Traveling around randomly to bag bad dudes for redemption
Actually he just does it for money, did you even watch it?

Frank from Thief

Watch what?

>westaboo

He doesn't look Asian though. He looks white, Jewish if you don't think jews are white or not.

Faye Valentine is hinted to be Chinese (she's from Singapore), and that annoying character and Ed and Jetblack are both white.

>annoying character and Ed

meant annoying character (Ed?)

just shut the fuck up, you are embarrasing yourself

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, thankyouverymuch.

You really need to work on your shitposting dipshit.

He’s mixed race Jewish/white/Japanese

Typically when japs give their characters hair like his, they’re implied to be half breeds. I think Jet and Ed are full Japanese, and Faye is white.

>and Faye is white.

Faye is from Singapore dude, Ed is white. Jet is either Japanese or white.

>Faye is white
No way. She's japanese

>Jewish
His last name is German, not Jewish.

LOVED the tv show but the movie was rather bland with a shit plot. I would have preferred an anthology or no movie at all!!!FACT!!!

It's German but common in Jewish people

>Ed is white
Her dad's name is Siniz Hesap Lütfen Appledelhi and has brown skin

Then Ed is Turkish

Faye was described as an "asian beauty"

The writer and directors is a fan and based the protag on Spike

>He separates humans based on a system created by autistic Spaniards

This

This. Spike isn't dead.

>Character from a cartoon
>Cool
lmao

The Director is also a gigantic fucking hack

John wick was made with most of the cast and crew the live action anime was going to use

Kinda forgot how weird an idea this was. Boatplanes are really far out of style right now, especially big ones that sink into the water, but Bebop's idea was that in the future spaceships which fly all over the solar system would be designed to touch down in water rather than dry land if they happened to enter an atmosphere.

I miss this show.

spike an cowboy bebop are both based on Lupin the third. so yes.

Not his fault that the spike artist drew it with a pencil made it barely visible

It's actually damn good but most of the episodes could be removed with zero impact on the series. It actually would have worked better as a fucking 10 episode mini series. The art, music, and characters make it, but the central plot is lacking. I'd be fine with lack of plot if the filler episodes weren't so obnoxious.

It's really just an audio-visual experience with little to follow. It'll make you feel, but not think. Similar to Bebop, but not strong enough to pull it off.

So, in short, it's very much worth watching, but flawed as hell.

I can't see Vincent as anything other than fucking Cedric from The Mars Volta

The likely hood is that borders will be closed once robot cars and further automation cause mass unemployment.

>John wick was made with most of the cast and crew the live action anime was going to use

Every time I've tried getting into this show when it was first airing I'd only ever catch the same episode. It was always the one with the ogre guy. Got sick of seeing the same episode over and over so I just quit watching. Same story with Ghost in the Shell, was always that tachikoma episode. Should I give these animes another shot?

>Jews can't have German names

What language do you think names like stein and berg come from?

Check out the crime thrillers with Lemmy Caution. He's a real lady-killer and he kicks ass without Kung Fu.

>ywn enjoy a early/mid 1990s New York summer, or live long enough to see its revival on future Mars
youtube.com/watch?v=zs3pYBQhtkM

Whedon couldn't write a good characterization if his life depended on it. He couldn't even trace Spike well enough to make this character other than 'muhh tragic past'. The whole series is a ripoff and not even a decent forgery.

arnoldo kino cameo

youtube.com/watch?v=A6zqLx8tii4

lupin III