Death Wish

Has any other remake managed to change as much shit as this did while still remaining faithful to the original?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WepSpYTU1F0
nbcchicago.com/news/local/Man-Robbed-Thrown-Into-Lake-Michigan-Outside-Shedd-Aquarium-448191423.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was so in the spirit of the franchise tonally, but different as fuck. I used to hate Eli Roth.

My local movie theater has a no singles policy. You think they'll let me in to watch this since none of the normies will be there?

Saw it yesterday. It is a fun flick but not deep. Willis knows how to have fun with a role and he manages to keep things light hearted during the violence. Hollywood can not give fans a true vigilante movie without alienating 99.99 percent of their audience. Fun action movies that are not deep, on the other hand, they can churn those out by the dozens. Death Wish 2018 is one of those movies. I'd give it two stars for being a good action/adventure vigilante movie. I did not go in looking for depth.

A thought on pure horror in a vigilante flick. What if someone with a Scorsese level of talent made a movie about a murderer that believes he is killing/torturing people for justice. The character goes around slaying supposedly evil men, recording their suffering and uploading the torture to the internet. Things go well for him when he ambushes his targets. As he gets good at ambushing targets he starts to get cocky and tries to take on his targets more directly. This leads to him getting tortured and killed without anyone realizing he was ever a killer himself. They think he was just some hot head who was murdered after running his mouth at a bar. That means no closure for the soft hearted would be viewers, but a heavy dose of realism for connoisseurs.

Stephen King's IT

You described dexter

>14% from the critics, 8% from top critics
>86% Audience Score

Who's right? How is there such a jarring disparity? It's even wider than Bright.

Lol why?

>movie promotes violence when the current political agenda from the media is to ban guns
>(((critics))) don't like it
rly activated my almonds

Given that 90% of the reviews are crying about how it glorifies gun violence I'd say the audience is definitely in the wrong side of history here.

If there wasn't a recent mass shooting would it have a higher %?

This is nothing new for Death Wish.

The original was loved by audiences and hated by critics for its 'supposed' endorsement of vigilante justice (which it kinda does).

I haven't seen this, but I hear that it's more similar to Death Wish 2, in that revels in the violence and sadism more for titilation's sake. Which I suppose is Roth to a T.

No Jeff Goldblum cameo......DROPPED!

real missed opportunity desu
youtube.com/watch?v=WepSpYTU1F0

Yeah most of these people haven't been to Chicago lately.

A few months back, one of the instagramers I know was shooting sunrise by the Shedd Aquarium. Got robbed of all his equipment, beaten badly, then thrown in the frozen lake. Nearly died.

Recently a guy couldn't sleep cause his 2 yr old was making noise, he took a kitchen knife and nearly decapitated him. Then went back to sleep.

And that's not counting all the random drive bys that hit people in their homes. Or the random highway shootings.

Good move setting this in Chicago.

>it's another deathwish shill thread using the exact same words and pic
kys eli

The perp was a nigger I bet

>b-but hes white guy killing blacks!
>better not let people talk about it since it just came out
> Ohno! I just spilt my soymilk *cries*

>Directed by Eli Roth
>kills 100 white guys and 1 black guy
BASED

In this day and age, any white dude shooting a black guy in a movie is unheard of.

Going to see this tonight. I don't go to the theater very often. Deathwish, pacific rim 2, and godzilla are the only ones I plan to go see in theaters this year. The last one I went to was Blade runner on opening night. Well fucking worth it.

>Deathwish, pacific rim 2, and godzilla

Fuck off nigger. I grew up on the old godzillas. I like giant robot and monster fights. The best way to watch those is in Imax and you can suck my cock if you dont like it.

anti-intellectualism is truly the cancer of the west
un-ironically kill yourself

Tell them your ar15 is your date

is this it? Also, guaranteed that the attackers were negroes.
nbcchicago.com/news/local/Man-Robbed-Thrown-Into-Lake-Michigan-Outside-Shedd-Aquarium-448191423.html

>he said while posting on Sup Forums on a board about tv

Movies and tv are junk food for the mind. Get off Sup Forums and go read a book if you want intellectual. I want to watch a movie and relax. Quit smelling your own farts and fuck off.

>I'm a moron
cool dude, got it

What kind of pretentious faggot do you have to be to try and talk down to people on Sup Forums of all places? Where do you think you are nigger?

The Hills Have Eyes
The Last House on the Left

one of the most elitist and contrarian websites on the internet?

Can't wait for Armond's review
He got me to watch Green Inferno and Knock Knock going into them expecting satire
A much better experience than expecting "thriller" and "horror"

No need to bet. In Chicongo its always niggers

>muh sekkret klub

Dude its a fucking website. Nobody thinks you're special or smart for being here.

i think he is smart and special and so are you user

Thanks user. Stay safe in the wild world.