This was great

This was great.

But it makes me wonder, if Batman were to merge with another villain/hero and receive their powers, how would you write it? How would it happen? What would the circumstances be?

Sooo... this Batman is evil? Cause this looks really evil.

more like desperate

Superman most likely died on this world and Superman dying always has had a bad effect on Batman

hell, on anyone

The story is about evil batman from alternative universes which are failing
From what I've been told anyways.

They're doing that in metal already.

More like desperate. This Batman lost everything and his biggest fear is growing old and not being able to "keep up" with the danger and constant fight against villains and bad guys.

Naturally he steals the speedforce.

I guess you can say he's evil by the end of the comic.

So he is an evil Batman that became evil and started using his batgod meme powers to kill his friends and wreck havoc because they are desperate?

This sounds almost like a parody of all those "Because i'm Batman1!" comments.

But he is torturing Flash in order to get what he wants. That is absolutely fucked up.

Seems mentally ill and somber.

>almost like a parody of all those "Because i'm Batman1!" comments.
It literally is. The Metal event is batwank turned up to parody levels

...it should be pointed out that he never got competent at "saving" Gotham, just preserving it as a madman-filled, crime-ridden shithole.

How that qualifies him in his own mind as the go-to Universe saver mystifies me.

Batman has always used his friends to suit his needs. He's the ultimate tactician.

Definitely still evil by the end of the book.

Its what metal is ment to be from I've seen as I've already stated. Its just a group of evil batmen in which batman from various earth's has either created or became a different memebr of the justice league

Street level Batman has definitely made an impact on normal people living in that hellhole.

And even on the bigger scale, writer's have made Batman save the world more than once.

well the big bad is the Bat God, so...
The thing is, do you think Snyder is self-aware of it? I'm enjoying it because it campy as hell, but sometimes I don't think this is done on purpouse.

Then... Batman is a cunt?

Snyder already admitted stuff about 50s era wonkyness.

And silver age fun rolled up.

so why is the aqua one female?

Either magic or probably born female. Bruce could be her last name.

>Street level Batman has definitely made an impact on normal people living in that hellhole.
He's a superscience genius with nigh-unlimited resources, so he deserves a pat on the back for making a notable improvement on a hundred people's lives? Oh boy.
>And even on the bigger scale, batwank writers have made everyone around Batman mysteriously stupid and incompetent for no apparent reason besides batwank.
Fix'd.

Ever read Batman?

Because Aquaman is a boring-as-fuck character with modest amounts of threat, so "tits added".

I'm certain they'll give her a fight in water for no raisin to up her threat.

I want to know why the ring chose him...

No. But that sounds like what a cunt would do.

Oooosh lad

Master of fear and will. He making his construct darker as it goes on.

Either abin died early or the ring searched the cosmos.

But it selects him in crime alley. He's not the master of those things yet.

Destiny.

I thought rings couldn't be lethal and shouldn't it have been a red lantern if anything ? If my parents got shot I wouldnt be thinking "yes I will overcome this" I'd be more angry than willful

Different universe. The safety also off in regular DC since sinsetro war.

Greens can kill.

It's the child of Batman. Instead of Talia giving him a rape baby, it was an atlantean.

Makes sense and yeah I vaguely remember that i just didn't think it wwould be universally canon. With it beinga different universe I suppose anything is possible.

Female calls itself Bruce though

Well everything he loved died because he could not be everywhere at once.
His robins died and in all likelihood, the JL as well.
He is getting older, slower (TDKR), sloppier and Gotham is getting exponentially shittier every single day. To the point that, the city is completely overrun with muties, crime and supervillains. Even goddamn whathisface advocated to destroy the bridge and just bomb the damn city to oblivion.

This Batman reflects the fear inherent in the mainstream batman that he could not save everyone in time.

Phantom ring?
Who knows?

How do you steal the speedforce?

By being Batman. BECAUSE HE IS BATMAN!

It's a regular ring. Barbatos is overriding it for him.

Considering he's only one guy?

Noticed none have a cape post transformation.

It's an AU, but yeah.
He didn't aprove of the way Flash did things, so he killed him and stole his powers to "save the world. He then killed everyone the Flash loved along with every hero and villain who stood in his way. He also failed to save the world, so he's hopped over to another Earth to kill everyone there.

Also Earth-1 Batman has slowly been becoming more like the evil Batmen. With the amount of heroes he's been fighting and refusing to even try to talk things out with you'd think he's being controlled by Civil War 2 Ironman.

>Civil War 2

I did not read that crap.

Similar to most marvel characters.

So how did Bruce became a woman?

How did katelyn Jenner

why a green ring? there's already stories about GL Batman where he's not evil
sure the difference is he doesn't get it as a kid
but wouldn't it make more sense to give him a red ring at this moment?

Aqua Flash!

>HOW'S YOUR MOM?

Ok, this is really cool

Mirror to the leauge.

>Considering he's only one guy?
He owns an entire corporation. You may have heard of it once or twice.

If Doomsday counts as a Superman mirror, so would a Red Lantern

Superman can't ex tacky be cloned right look at bizarro or superboy.

this one is probably the biggest mystery

>Global Warming
I'm glad they aren't taking this event too seriously.
I mean ffs, it's climate change.

not that Pirate world is cool, but Earth 31 was supposed to be TDKR world
guess they changed it out of respect for Miller making TDKR 3
Shanghai GL is cool though

Bruce in helenas body?

>Hey that gun from District 9 was cool. Ill just trace over it and stick 2 of them on the front of the batmobile. That'll be cool right?

Shit, good peepers.

I know tracing Halo weapons is a meme, but lol.

Like Ras and Talia in Batman Beyond?

Yeah

Yeah this could work, we do know that Aquabat is Bruce since at the end of Metal #2 she refers to herself as Bruce.

That would actually kind of tie in to Snyders story about that machine he used to return his memory.

Interesting.

But then how does the Aquaman aspect fit? He did it to Mera?

Then again any woman could do.

Ah fuck, good catch on that one. I forget but why did the machine give Bruce like different views on different lives?

Probably she is riding water like mera.

Not complaining or anything since I like Hal but why'd they choose Hal to be in the event rather than Baz and Jess?

But...why Mera? Why would Bruce become Mera of all people?

Probably his city drowned and wanted to adapt. It called the drowned.

But then the city would be dead and nobody alive to protect or cause crime to stop. Or everyone except Batman was able to survive under water.

Well the whole dark Batman thing is that their earth is doomed, the red death batman has a dying world so it's not stupid to assume that the world is submerged in Aquabat timeline.

Atlantean magic body swap with Mera is my guess.

That's the point, she's insane. Probably trying to turn humanity into water breathers or dome.

It chooses him after detecting him in crime alley CHOOSING TO CHASE JOE CHILL instead of break down wait for police.

The fuck is going on with the huge one in the back

Barbatos.

Appeared in here and before mentioned in a serious house on serous earth. As well final crisis and maybe books of magic.

Nah, Book of Magic was very much a different character with a clear origin and defeat. Barbatos is a real world name.

I guarantee you it's either his mom or a daughter/wife. The Superman one also strikes me as being Thomas.

I'd agree. I'd say Gotham is meant to be safer in a day-to-day sense with Batman than it was when Bruce was a child, but the supervillains create a heavier atmosphere of fear.

>The Superman one also strikes me as being Thomas.
Good job not knowing what you're talking about I guess and somehow actively avoiding all the readily available info that prooves you wrong too.

I've never read any DC books except on Sup Forums threads, I stick to marvel trades :^)

Why not?

looks fun

Eh, cause Hal isn't currently in the league, it's okay I guess since I like Hal.

The thing is : These are short stories. So you don't really have room for character build, etc.
I wish they would have focused on ONE evil batman, a little bit like injustice did with superman.

Why is there a female batman? Or is it batgirl?