Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yMaiKjsAhIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Better than Get Out

Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the dead > the world's end

i remember when I was a pleb and believe this to be true

Amazing movie, one of the best comedies to come out of the UK in recent years

Exactly this

Call me a pleb but the first half is boring as fuck and pretty much exists solely to lead into the second half. This movie taught me that there can be such a thing as too much pay-off.

HELLO NICHOLAS.
HOW'S THE HAND?

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

Still a bit stiff.

No they aren't

Just not too the extend they are in America, people still really love Shaun of the dead here

Hot Fuzz>Shaun of the Dead=World's End
Anybody who says World's End wasn't on par with Shaun has nostalgia goggles surgically fused to his face.

They're not considered unfunny trash though.
They're considered "alright" and Spaced is considered kino in the UK by those who've watched it.

this, I except I actually think World's End is better than Shaun. I was totally baffled by people who thought it was garbage when it first came out

Most people dislike World's End because the penultimate scene where they drunkenly shout at aliens is retarded.

>Call me a pleb but the first half is boring as fuck
pleb

It got positively received. Sup Forums always like hating the newest movie in a franchise.

Stop posting this copypasta.

>Good movie?
Nope, fantastic movie. I watch a lot of comedy and the cornetto trilogy is some of the best stuff out there, with Hot Fuzz at the top.

>t. only seen the poster

Might be because World's End isn't remotely funny despite being an ok film

It's an ancient pasta, don't fall for it. Cornetto Trilogy is well-regarded anywhere

World's End is my favorite because it hit close to home, while being a fun movie at the same time

Just rewatched all three this past week. Shaun is clearly the best one. Hot Fuzz is too fast paced there are no big laughs its all just giggles and smirks. Worlds End is clearly the worst because while the other two were proper genre parodies Worlds End tried way too hard with the characters and backstory and arcs that it cant even be called a genre movie let alone a proper parody like the other two. The over focus on dramatic characters and arcs also makes for a less fun and energetic style which makes it less funny. In Shaun and Fuzz the camera is free to zip around all over the place making jokes every 2 seconds because the characters are simple and the focus is the genre. Worlds End is still a decent comedy though, its just not genius like the other two. Shaun is the best.

Sup Forums likes it because liberals are essentially the network and Sup Forums is gary king. Despite being a retarded cringey scene the retarded cringey people of Sup Forums connect with it.

>calling a movie bad because it avoids resorting to genre trash
The absolute state of Sup Forums.
This post is almost as bad as that one time somebody proved that Sup Forums was actually more civil and understanding than Sup Forums by baiting for Incredibles 2 reactions.

>it hit close to home
This is exactly why most of Sup Forums hates it.

Which in turn also the reason why most of Sup Forums is shit

He's right. The other two films are at least decent satire of their respective genres.

World's End takes itself bizarrely seriously in lots of areas so it's not particularly funny as comedy. It doesn't really work as satire either. So what is it meant to be exactly? A serious Sci Fi film with the occasional joke?

I took it as an ensemble sci-fi comedy with dramatic elements.
Basically what Paul tried and miserably failed to be.

>first half exists to lead into second half
Am I missing something? As opposed to what??

I thought Paul was alright even if it was significantly worse than the cornetto trilogy. Paul wasn't quite as bad as people said it was, had some good jokes and good interactions between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I think it was just blasted because the other movies are obviously far better.

I enjoyed Worlds End the most

Could also be that Seth Rogen is an obnoxious asshole on and off screen.

> Sup Forums was actually more civil and understanding than Sup Forums by baiting for Incredibles 2 reactions.
It's because Sup Forums is normies, the exact target audience of Disney. Of course they will enjoy it no matter what.

>title is hot fuzz
>they're not hot not even cute
PLOT. HOLE.

This or In Burges?

No. Great movie.

Incredible scene
youtube.com/watch?v=yMaiKjsAhIM
>when Angel is blinded by the kid's braces
>"22nd of February"
>Braces kid's crackly "uhhhhhhhh"