I'm about to finish this show and I don't know what the fuck to think

I'm about to finish this show and I don't know what the fuck to think.

Sure, it's one of the greatest works of art I've seen, but what exactly am I supposed to take away from this depressing shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Th4I3aJ68wY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>six seasons of fat, sweaty mock Italians stabbing plates with forks and kissing each other

"It's all a big nothing" - Livia Soprano

can you believe the balls on this fuckin prick

[panic attack intensifies]

I actually have panic attacks, they suck. Sopranos is really good at it

Haven't gone through it since I started having panic attacks, should make for an interesting third watch

Looking for cool photos

update:

Im about to finish it, like 30 minutes left. I don't like this, I'm sad

isnt billy batts in the show? does spider dies? that guy is annoying as a person so i hate seeing him.

Focus on the good times user

Go watch Deadwood and forget about the Sopranos.

>forget about the Sopranos
That's a funny way of spelling enjoy having every other show you ever watch ruined by being perpetually inferior

My girlfriend left me this morning too

Not him but Deadwood might be the only exception to that.

Had it been allowed to run its course I personally would pick it over the Sopranos. The writing is god tier quality and it breaks my heart when ever I get to the end of season 3.

i rewatched it and tried to watch that lilyhammer show after but it's kinda shit

Just finished it, I have to go to work, I lost my closest friend and I feel lost now, what do I do.

Try to remember the times that were good

Watch it chrissy

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH WHAT'S DA MADDER WIDYU

trash tv for trash

Deadwood was meandering, and not in a good way. Yes, it started out strong and some of the characters are among the best I've seen in any show ever made, but some of them are fucking godawful, too. How the fuck E.B. and Bob the drunk can exist in the same fucking show when the former is such a perfect expression of a weak, cowardly subordinate who is still very much human and the latter feels like a fucking one-note caricature out of a Horsey cartoon, I will never know.

March 22nd, 2001

Interviewer: Was there another future possible for [Tony]?

David Chase: I think there was another future possible for him. That’s the first time I‘ve ever been asked that, and off the top of my head I’d say there was.

January 5th, 2007

David Chase: It is in our interest (for the show) to show that there are certain ways that we all spend our lives, and that as adults, we decide our fate, we make our own bed, and we lie in it. That to me is not the same, hopefully, as saying crime doesn’t pay, or bad people are punished. Free will exists.

October 30th, 2007

David Chase: This wasn’t really about ”leaving the door open.” There was nothing definite about what happened, but there was a clean trend on view — a definite sense of what Tony and Carmela’s future looks like. Whether it happened that night or some other night doesn’t really matter.

Spring 2015

David Chase: I love the timing of the lyric when Carmela enters: 'Just a small town girl livin' in a lonely world, she took the midnight train goin' anywhere.' Then it talks about Tony: 'Just a city boy,' and we had to dim down the music so you didn't hear the line, 'born and raised in South Detroit.' The music cuts out a little bit there, and they're speaking over it. 'He took the midnight train goin' anywhere.' And that to me was [everything]. I felt that those two characters had taken the midnight train a long time ago. That is their life. It means that these people are looking for something inevitable. Something they couldn't find. I mean, they didn't become missionaries in Africa or go to college together or do anything like that. They took the midnight train going anywhere. And the midnight train, you know, is the dark train.

October 18, 2007

David Chase: There was so much more to say than could have been conveyed by an image of Tony face down in a bowl of onion rings with a bullet in his head. Or, on the other side, taking over the New York mob. The way I see it is that Tony Soprano had been people’s alter ego. They had gleefully watched him rob, kill, pillage, lie, and cheat. They had cheered him on. And then, all of a sudden, they wanted to see him punished for all that. They wanted “justice.” They wanted to see his brains splattered on the wall. I thought that was disgusting, frankly. But these people have always wanted blood. Maybe they would have been happy if Tony had killed twelve other people. Or twenty-five people. Or, who knows, if he had blown up Penn Station. The pathetic thing- to me- was how much they wanted his blood, after cheering him on for eight years.

April 14th, 2008

Richard Belzer: I was working with Steve Schirripa recently. We were judging “Last Coming Standing” for NBC and we were talking about a lot of things and he was saying he heard all of these theories for the show that had nothing to do with your intention and wasn’t anything the actors thought. Like little hints along the way, like a word, like when Tony and Steve are on the boat at the lake and they say “‘you never know its gonna happen” or “you never know its gonna hit you.”

David Chase: That was part of the ending.

Richard Belzer: Oh, it was? see, what do I know? Were there other things in previous episodes that were hints towards it?

David Chase: There was that and there was a shooting in which Silvio was a witness. Well he wasn’t a witness, he was eating dinner with a couple of hookers and with some other guy who got hit and there was some visual stuff that went on there which sort of amplified Tony’s remark to Bacala about you know “you don’t know its happened” or “you won’t know it happened when it hits you”. That’s about it.

December 17th, 2012

David Chase: There was something else I was saying that was more important than whether Tony Soprano lived or died. About the fragility of all of it. The whole show had been about time in a way, and the time allotted on this Earth. That whole trip out to California was all about that — what people called a dream sequence. And all the dream sequences within the show. Tony was dealing in mortality every day. He was dishing out life and death. And he was not happy. He was getting everything he wanted, that guy, but he wasn't happy. All I wanted to do was present the idea of how short life is and how precious it is. The only way I felt I could do that was to rip it away. And I think people did get it. It made them upset emotionally, but intellectually they didn't follow it. And that could very well be bad execution.

Did Tony die or didn't he die? Well, first of all, it really comes down to this: There was, what, six seasons of that show? Seven? Am I supposed to do a scene and ending where it shows that crime doesn't pay? Well, we saw that crime pays. We've been seeing that for how many years? Now, in another sense, we saw that crime didn't pay because it wasn't making him happy. He was an extremely isolated, unhappy man. And then finally, once in a while he would make a connection with his family and be happy there. But in this case, whatever happened, we never got to see the result of that. It was torn away from him and from us.

December 2012

David Chase: Well, what Tony should have been thinking, I guess, and what we all should be thinking — although we can’t live that way — is that life is really short. And there are good times in it and there are bad times in it. And that we don’t know why we’re here, but we do know that 20 miles up it’s freezing cold, it’s a freezing cold universe, but here we have this thing called love, which is our only defense, really, against all that cold, and that it’s a very brief interval and that when it’s over, I think you’re probably always blindsided by it. That’s all I can say.

October 4th, 2005

David Chase [discussing what The Sopranos is about]: All there really is is love. That’s all there really is, and the rest of it has no value.

ITS
A
RETIYAMENT
CAMMUNITY

May 2016

David Chase: “I’ll tell you this about it, I’m filled with sadness when I see that ending. I get all choked up — just thinking about it, I get all choked up.

The way the thing builds and the music, to me, it gets me; it makes me want to cry. And it's not, "oh there goes the show, there goes part of my life" — it’s what’s going on on the screen.

Spring 2015

David Chase: I thought the ending would be somewhat jarring, sure. But not to the extent it was, and not a subject of such discussion. I really had no idea about that. I never considered the black a shot. I just thought what we see is black. The ceiling I was going for at that point, the biggest feeling I was going for, honestly, was don't stop believing. It was very simple and much more on the nose than people think. That's what I wanted people to believe. That life ends and death comes, but don't stop believing. There are attachments we make in life, even though it's all going to come to an end, that are worth so much, and we're so lucky to have been able to experience them. Life is short. Either it ends here for Tony or some other time. But in spite of that, it's really worth it. So don't stop believing.

david chase doesnt know what the fuck he meant by the ending, he's full of shit.

This show is ridiculously overrated. Doesn't have shit on The Wire

These two suck each other's cocks.

>David Chase: I thought the ending would be somewhat jarring, sure. But not to the extent it was, and not a subject of such discussion. I really had no idea about that. I never considered the black a shot. I just thought what we see is black. The ceiling I was going for at that point, the biggest feeling I was going for, honestly, was don't stop believing. It was very simple and much more on the nose than people think. That's what I wanted people to believe. That life ends and death comes, but don't stop believing. There are attachments we make in life, even though it's all going to come to an end, that are worth so much, and we're so lucky to have been able to experience them. Life is short. Either it ends here for Tony or some other time. But in spite of that, it's really worth it. So don't stop believing.

> mfw the boss passes out because of seeing a slice of gabagool in his fridge

how come he starts reaching into his pocket when meadow walks in? and what was the point of those two black guys in the diner? was it implying they might kill tony as well? does it even matter whether he lives or dies since he was probably gonna be found guilty of the murder of phil or whatever?

watch Lillyhammer and pretend it's a spin off where Silvio survives and enters witness protection

>can't even remember based Steves name

youtube.com/watch?v=Th4I3aJ68wY
Get the fuck out of here.

>what exactly am I supposed to take away from this depressing shit
Don't stop believing

UP IN THE CLUB

Bunp

One of them isn't wrong, though. Chase left it open ended but doesn't want to deal with it.