Figured Sup Forums would tell me to come here so I came here

Figured Sup Forums would tell me to come here so I came here.

Is Jaden Smith's cartoon any good. Neo Yokio? The pink hair makes me think twice. I hate giving things a chance only to have my worst impressions validated... but I do love to be surprised. Netflix originals are always a coin flip.

Try asking Sup Forums.

Both Sup Forums and Sup Forums hate it, stop wasting both boards time.

It's an anime, go to Sup Forums

I liked it.
It's the kind of show that you will either love or hate. People are comparing it to abridged anime because there are a lot of cheesy moments in this show. Watch it for yourself and be the judge.

It's dumb as hell and I'm personally loving it. It's honestly pretty bad, but in an enjoyable way. if you're the kind of person who enjoys the Room or Foodfight I'd recommend giving it a look.

It's basically Kappa Mikey 2.0

It's a very bad show. The voice acting is bad, the writing is bad, the animation is bad. Some people claim it's ironic, or a pastiche, or so sincere in its love of shitty anime that they think it works, but mostly they're just coming up with an excuse to explain why they like an objectively poorly made tv show.

Toblerone was the real star here

Yes

its very good in that it is exactly like an early anime dub from the 90s in how not good it is, which if you go into watching it with the mindest that its a parody its really really good.

no

It's much close to the mid-00's, and shares most of their flaws. Garish colors, minimal movement, and stiff sets were all common as studios moved over entirely to digital work.

VA were recorded on a cell phone

It's fucking great.
One of the most divisive shows I have seen in a while.

That sounds like bullshit, but I believe it

>completely vague "criticism" not going into any detail of what's bad about it.

Almost like you didn't watch it.

Can you name a single thing it actually does well? When the only positive thing people say about a show is, "it's supposed to be shit," the show is not actually good.

It's fun, man. Give it the three episode test, apparently it's already on streaming sites, and enjoy it for the silly show it is.

>americans are so desperate for cartoons they think this is good

I have to be honest, I find it incredibly bizzare people on Sup Forums and the internet at large shit on this show for looking bad when it looks just like Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman in terms of animation quality, and all three are comedy cartoons aimed at adults. What am I missing? Why do people never bitch about Bojack and Rick and Morty looking like ass?

mother fucker, if YOU had watched it, you'd realize there really isn't more that needs to be said. all of those things are true.

Because they have other positive qualities to discuss.

Also, people bitch about how ugly Rick and Morty is all the time, don't give me that shit

>created by some guy from some show
>Jayden Smith keeps getting credit for it

He should be thankful his name won't be tied to this in the mind of the public

Not him, but I think a lot of the comedy lands.It starts off weak, but gets better as it goes along. And the last few episodes hint at possible plot developments for the future installments we'll likely never get.

bojack has some effort put into the animation -- see the "Sorkin walk and talk" from season 2, the seahorse episode, etc.

This shit looks like the typical shoestring budget japanese studio where the frame rate is VERY low. The first episode features a robot diving into a lake , and the animation of the robot skips so many frames in the dive it is like watching a power point slide.

And by comedy, I assume you again mean its "parody" of shitty dubs?

Except nobody was saying "its supposed to be shit", in fact most thought it would be shit and came out surprised that it wasn't. And much of the show's humor is actually fairly clever, and people were thrown for a loop with it.

>Kaz after failing to exorcise the demon possessing Helena

">"Let's visit the grave"
>thinks its going to be his parents grave, alluding to some "tragic past" shit.

>turns out to be his own head stone where he goes to sulk

Also:
>"On second thought, Helena..you don't deserve this big Toblerone
>mech butler turns out to have a pilot
>The "Hellenists"

In fact the characters actually come of endearing even with the little development they've had in the six episodes so far. The dialogue is actually witty. If anything this show is better than it has any right to be

Nice try , faggot. Just admit you only saw the trailer and nothing more.

>And much of the show's humor is actually fairly clever
Regardless of whether you laughed at the jokes, this is obviously untrue. Even your personal highlights there are certainly not clever.

>i have no argument so i'll pretend they just haven't watched it
lol ok nigger

No he means the dialogue and jokes hit their mark.

You're literally the only person I've seen say that. Now you're pretending other people believe it, too, and that's just a little bit too sad to bear.

See
You fucking idiot

>It's an anime, go to Sup Forums

guess again.

You mean where he brings up its "parody" as intended comedy?

>getting this triggered that one user called it parody.
People will find things funny that you don't. Shocker, right? Some people think that Rick and Morty is funny. Sad and pathetic, we should register them as autistic retard. That's not a hateful solution that trains your mind to reject what anyone has to say at all.

do you eat shit?

If it's not a parody, then it's actually just bad. It's stiff, it's ugly, and every line is delivered like the actor had just booked their first role at Funimation.

It's Kappa Mikey with cursing and Jaden Smith

It's The Room kind of bad but not as laughable either.
Better go watch something intentionally zany like Cromartie HS, Osomatsu San or sabagebu.

Is this the Boondocks season 5?

I like it

Beyond the mech, artstyle, and occasional jap word slip-ins it honestly has very little to do with anime

Every man's entitled to his own taste, but don't pretend it's well made.

I thought it was really funny and I don't use some message board to form my opinions for me.

I really think some of the jokes in Neo Yokio are funny and well delivered.

I think if this show wasn't going for an anime style nobody would care about the animation. I see it as an animation domination style comedy, so I really don't care if it looks bland. At least shit stays on model.

I think there are some moments where Bojack does have good, memorable composition, but for the most part I think the character designs and animation don't look very good. As someone who actually likes Bojack, Season 1 of Neo Yokio got more laughs out of me. Maybe my sense of humor is fucked because I have a soft spot for rich people jokes.

Depends how you perceive it

wow check out all those cartoons.

No, it doesn't. It is a poorly made show, and that is an objective fact. Every piece of the production has objective problems.

The later seasons of the Boondocks looked far better than this fucking garbage.

Kind of sad

Depends how you perceive it.

>but don't pretend it's well made.

Literally nobody said that you fucking imbecile

Nani? The last Sup Forums thread was almost all praise

I desperately hope that's not true. Please don't let Sup Forums have that shit of taste.

Someone can tell me what is the appeal of the series?
Normally anime is full of self-insert protagonist or some heavy burst attitude like in shonen
Just look the first episode without paying real attention and nothing catching my interest just find it boring.
What I'm losing?

>Someone can tell me what is the appeal of the series?
If it doesn't appeal to you just don't watch it friend. Don't pour your attention into something you don't desire

Good discussion

copy pasted review of mine:

It is very OK, best left for background tv viewing. I got the impression that it was very amateur, they needed more experienced people to polish it. It had some good ideas and good lines peppered throughout, but overall it missed the mark and doesn't succeed at being a good satire. I think watching clips is enough, because it could get quit dull.

The artwork frequently failed to be expressive enough to carry the weak voice work and the VA work wasn't strong enough to carry the flat artwork. Studio Deen was not a good choice but I think a different art style and more theatrical body-language and facial expressions in the storyboarding or key-frames would have helped. I likewise think the missed out on properly interjecting a beat or two to highlight the jokes, which could have been accomplished easily by having the other characters react. Since they did not there are lines that don't really register as jokes because they didn't have enough breathing room or sound cues to highlight them as such.

Lastly: I think Jaden was OK. I think you can tell when he is enjoying a particular line which gives me the impression he'd do a better job if he was recording alongside the other VAs so he would have something to bounce off of. He needs some voice training though, he can sound kind of nasal.

Is Toblerone what Lucozade was to Louis Theroux in his last documentary?

Whether intentionally stupid in its presentation and meant to be taken as a full on comedy or a failed attempt of re-creating anime, I find it enjoyable and full of geniunely funny moments regardless.

The escalation on the stupid midnight blue gag managed to somehow keep me entertained, even though it really shouldn't have.

If you've ever looked at a piece of shit and thought "This is an ingenious satire on fudge," then you'll love this show.

i guess Sup Forums got a terrible case of shilling.

Just marathoned the first ten minutes of the show because of this thread. Pretty good so far and the music in particular was nice. I do get the nagging impression that
>It is very OK, best left for background tv viewing
might be on the money.

This.

OTT, but I am glad Joe has been clean for over a year now. Hopefully he'll get back to being a Doctor.

I want to watch this badly but I have no access to Netflix.

Maybe I'll record it.
I was gonna give you my Netflix sign-in, but then I realized I got the login from SOMEONE, who got it from SOMEONE

I love Kaz's character, how he's such a vain and melodramatic spoiled kid and this sort of "devlopment" hinted at the end of the show.

Helena's transformation didn't sit right with me, but besides that this show isn't as offensively bad as people make it out to be.

It's lazily made trash. It's not offensively bad, it's just definitely and distinctly bad.

I know is studio DEEN but, how the hell it managed to look worse that Fate?

My favorite jokes are the ones about how pretentious and melancholy Kaz is, or how he and Archangelo are in these bizarre pissing matches. Just having the characters being weird and bouncing off each other.

I wouldn't call it lazy.
It can be mediocre in it's execution most of the time and it looks and sounds amateur as fuck, but it's not lazy with the universe it creates, and the bizarre and shallow tone feels consistent throgouth the show.

>My favorite jokes are the ones about how pretentious and melancholy Kaz is
That was great, you can tell they were having fun with Jaden's reputation.

>The last Sup Forums thread was almost all praise
What the fuck Sup Forums

I would call any show that doesn't care enough to get good takes from its actors, doesn't care enough to animate full scenes, doesn't care enough to find workarounds for its low animation budget, and doesn't care enough to make the characters look like they belong in their environment lazy.
But yeah, you can feel free to just call it mediocre, I guess.

>DEEN

Isn't Production I.G also involved in this? I read it on some review article.

The thing with this show is that I get the vibe they were going for. But the voice acting and animation isn't near good enough to pull off the vision.

Why don't Americans ever work with good studios?

>Desus and Mero as the fuccboi friends

fuck yeah, brand is brolic

>fuccboi

Were cheap, plain and simple.

this. really.

I thought it was funny

you are a dick

Cry more

fine *sniff*

That was a fine episode.
I can see lots of people getting triggered with the "I don't identify as female" part though

the dialogue isn't witty. The consumerism criticism, for example, is just something a sophomore in poli sci/ sociology trying to be a lefty radical would come up with. It's just too much "in your face" to be truly witty

Nice try, shill.

fuck subtlety.

oh you fucking know tumblr flipped their shit

>mfw there are herbs in this thread

people that watch anime are absolute shit thats the problem, Neo Yokio is good

I don't usually buy into the shill conspiracies, but I genuinely struggle to believe there are people who think this show is a good show.

I don't usually buy into the shill conspiracies, but I genuinely struggle to believe there are people who think this show is a not worth-watching.

This post is about as clever as most of the humor in Neo Yokio, so maybe you really did write for it.

Damn, son. I wish I could come up with that shit of yours.