NEW EPICLY 80S READY PLAYER ONE POSTERS

NEW EPICLY 80S READY PLAYER ONE POSTERS

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?q=ready player one
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

These are characters designs only a mother could love.

embarrassing

What? Why Bullitt of all movies?

Because epic car chase

looks like reddit the movie

same reason as the risky business one

because that delorean yo

>Suppose to be an homage but comes off like lackluster retraces.
>They show no discernible emotion other than they're in an iconic movie poster and don't' want to be there.

Isn't there a rule in movies that you shouldn't reference or show a movie better than your own. They've set a bar so high that it would be impossible if it didn't fail.

It's a generic rags to riches with 80s and anime references. Movie has modern day stuff like 2016's Overwatch and Battletoads.

>'80s

the actual "story" is shit

it's like the matrix but with emo kids

>this thread

JESUS CHRIST HOW EMBARASSING

nothing Lucas did will come close to this

not the prequels, not Red Tails, not even Howard the fucking Duck

The book sucked but they still fucked up hard with these designs.

The whole point of the OASIS is it's photo realistic, nothing "looks like a video game", even shit that's actually from video games. You play the Sixteen Candles sim, you're looking at a very genuine Molly Ringwald. The Mechagodzilla goes on a rampage, it looks like a real 300 foot tall man wearing a questionable rubber monster costume.

Spielberg should understand this concept, didn't it drive the entire production of Forest Gump? Why are they doing this pseudo-Pixar shit?

Ruining my BTTF memory with this trash

>80s

memeber critics complaining about "mummy" ripping off "American Werewolf in London" and "Lifeforce"? i memeber

REMEMBER THE 80s?

What's this movie even supposed to be about?

I honestly hope somebody gets sued over this

DUDE 80S LMAO

Imagine if an entire movie was based on Family Guy cutaways where they just reference some 80's movie

it's about 140 minutes you'll never get back

These are fucking awesome.

SHUT THE FUCK UP WB SHILL

In the dark cyberpunk future of 2045, the owner of the world's largest VR multiplayer game dies and leaves his trillion dollar fortune to whoever can solve an 80s-related trivia challenge in the game.

it's about big guys

Hollywood is legally unable to make a Part IV or a remake, but I guess they found away to exploit its popularity anyway.

sick reference bro

If you made your own movie, wouldn't you want to leave your own mark in cultural history? Not just fucking reference more successful movies. No one's going to care about whatever you make when they could just watch, you know, the real thing?

I REMEMBER THESE MOVIES!!! I REMEMBER WATCHING ALL OF THEM!!!

But wait there's more

This one's good

>Hollywood is legally unable to make a Part IV or a remake
Good, those movies are perfect the way they are and should stay as a trilogy.

Because Spielberg's a senile old man who only got involved because this trash references some of his films
That said, I am genuinely shocked at how cheap the movie and all the promotional material are. These posters look like they came from someone's DeviantArt

i see they want to ride James / Alita big Cock

looks more reddit that reddit

than. aaarrrgh this annoyed me so much

I KNOW ALL OF THESE THINGS

This thread has filled me with so much rage. It's like they don't even understand that this shit is why everyone hates furfags.

There is actually a story in there. It sounds like it's the pop-culture mashup version of "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World," and if you can't find any appeal in that as a concept, I think the problem might be you.

What's the appeal in seeing a bunch of heartless references to old shit?

>80s

Yeah it was really cheap when spaceballs parodies planet of the apes at the end

Remember when Betty Boop showed up in Roger Rabbit ?? I WAS SO ANGRY REEEEEEE

I was in theater and saw a trailer for this set to "World of Pure Imagination" and it was probably the most culturally desolate thing I've ever seen.

Yes. There is literally no difference between those classics and this modern masterpiece.

parody and ripping off is a difference.

fuck this fucking shit movie

There are more titles of other properties in this page than there are actual words

Spaceballs is shit though.

what is going on in this pic? Anyway, i hope i won't be alive when they get their hands on back to the future

Reddit player one

literally soyrunner

This isn't the actual plot is it? That shit makes .Hack/Sign deep.

CHUCKY AND FREDDY KRUEGER SHOWED UP AND I CLAPPED

Yeah, I'm the only one who didn't jerk you around with memes

The trailer even plays a cover of "pure imagination" from Willy Wonka

Will the scene where the protagonist triple checks the girl's gender be in the movie?

It's another weird design choice - since Art3mis's whole thing is she's the only person in the history of MMOs whose avatar actually looks like her

Is this Sword Art Online?

>L33t Hax0rz Warezhaus

Why are millennials nostalgic for things that they don't remember?

yeah those posters are total rip offs just like the solo movie posters. I can't believe you guys figured out they were copying such obscure flicks like Goonies and breakfast club. How did spielberg think he could get away with that??

They're actually ripping off Deadpool's campaign of ripoff posters

Their parents showed them 80's movies when they were kids, genius.

This is the lowest of the lowest. The death of cinema. Obscene levels of nostalgia pandering and plagiarism.

That’s why I hate seeing people ask for remakes with black or female characters. It would be better in the long run to create new iconic characters that are black or female

The problem with this is that no one can create anything anymore

worst thing is, "critics" and plebaudience gonna love this crap

B-BRUH DEY HIDING THE LONG LEG

Ironically this might be remembered, it will be remembered as "that movie that had the most references". And some people just want "more like the real thing". Not my case though, I think it's disgusting.

What will come after this 80's fad is over? I want a 60s or 20s revival but I guess that's impossible.

how do you get this fucking delusional? try going outside of Sup Forums just once

twitter.com/search?q=ready player one

2000's Capeshit nostalgia

>RL Wade not a fat pimply guy

WHEN DID SPIELBERG GET SHIT

90s fad, duh

90s bruh, it's cyclical, no one is nostalgic for shit they weren't around for. It's the kids who grew up in these periods that keep reviving them after maturing in their thirties.

>legally unable to make a Part IV or a remake
The rights are held by zemeckis, spielberg, and someone else. All of them have to agree to it, and all of them have confirmed it would only happen over their dead bodies.

TRENDING WORLDWIDE BABY

So ten years from now

Damn, and ISIS is planning an attack because of the shitty posters too!

>Universal ripping off a Universal monster movie while rebooting a Universal monster movie universe
critics are retards

>pictued gwen in a retro 50's pinup girl outfit and shirley manson dressed like an english mod
The 90's was literally spent being nostalgic for other decades. We even had hippies out of nowhere for literally no reason. In a way the 2010's HAVE been a 90's nostalgia-nostalgia.

>I-I don't really like it guys

well deadpool is a ripoff of deathstroke...so it all makes sense

At least its not CapeShit

HOW MANY FUCKING SUPERHEROES ARE THERE WITH "DEAD" IN THEIR NAME. FUCK.

looks like Soyboys