Why

Why

Because munie.

good idea but terrible execution. whats the point of a suicide squad without the established status quo? a suicide squad movie should come AFTER the justice league.

Somebody's gotta try new things since Mousevel is dead set on running their formula into the ground. Probably why this has an award and the MCU doesn't.

3 weeks to write a script.

You can't even blame the directors, is always WB fault, Wonder Woman was just enjoyable because Patty threatened to abandon the work if they changed too much with their edits and even so they fucked the third act and almost deleted the no man land scene

Luckily Matt Reeves made a deal with WB to get total freedom to make his own movies.

>they didn't give us Ostrander Squad proper

Harley had too much clothes.

So that we can put the idea behind us.

Because for some inexplicable reason Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool were popular so the suits at WB wanted their own version of that after noone got what Snyder was doing with BvS.

$$$

It's like if Bendis Guadians was what the Guardians of the Galaxy movie was based on.
New 52 was a fucking mistake.

Fuck this movie was trash

It's the sort of movie that would only work if they had a 10 year long cinematic universe to set it in with known villains from previous movies being recruited to the squad.

I loved it. It was fun.

It's the sort of movie that would only work if they bothered to flesh out the characters with layered personalities and really built on their developing team tribulations.

The Dirty Dozen did this especially well, without turning the "authorities" into cartoonish, evil goons.

But SS wasted too much time wanking Batman and the Joker, two characters utterly irrelevant to the plot of the movie but relevant to easy-mode fan bux.

If you haven't seen this classic you really ought to give it a try. These criminal wackjobs are vastly more interesting than anyone in the Skwad.

Explain yourself

>after noone got what Snyder was doing with BvS.
Completing his hack-job on the characters of Batman and Superman? We got that.

Batman was connected to Deadshot's backstory. Joker was connected to Harley's. Pretty relevant without eating up too much screen time.

There was absolutely zero real need to do an origin story for Harley, let alone an "apprehension story" for Deadshot.
The film was juggling too many characters for that. Honestly the entire plot was a shit-show, I don't think cutting any particular plot-point would have saved it.

The Enchantress storyline was WTF and ridiculous.
The Joker sub-plot should've had it's own film.
Deadshot's "devoted Christian family guy" bullshit to turn him into a not-hero ran against the tone.
Christ, everything involving Waller and her pants-on-head scheming was pure shit.

>"Superman is this scary metahuman like no one has ever seen before, we need an option!"
>"Well we have all these other metahumans (LEL) that other superheroes have captured".
>"Cool!, let's take the most dangerously powerful and remorselessly Evil of them, and turn her into a slave!"
>"And train her to steal atomic secrets and introduce her to pivotal high-level national security people."
>"Did I mention how petrified we are of the Alien, even though we are comfortable with Aztec Fire God, Demon Queen and Mutant Croc."
>"Who were all captured by Metas we can call on to help us, like Batman with Deadshot."
>"Oh Fug! The Evil Demon Queen turned on us, who woulda thunk it?"
"Call in the superheroes?"
>"Nah, send in a pack of murderous convicts and just rely on them not changing sides."
>"Brilliant!"

Even Goyer's shit is better than this.

>STILL no Ostrander Suicide Squad omnibus

Can DC's trade department give their head a shake?

Why not?

She needed better styled clothes

I like it better each time I watch it.

It's the opposite for me. I loved in the theater, but hate it a little more with every rewatch. Assault on Arkham was a better movie.

This. And also the fact it (the movie) was edited by a company that only makes trailers.

The movie becomes more tolerable if you watch each scene or character introduction like it's an individual ad.

>Joker was connected to Harley's. Pretty relevant without eating up too much screen time.

If you strip out the comic-book mythology and just look as them as characters, the Joker is just one character's boyfriend who shows up to break her out and fails. He has zero narrative purpose.

>It's the sort of movie that would only work if they had a 10 year long cinematic universe to set it in

No you could do it after 6. Harley from the Batman movie, Boomerang from Flash, Manta from Aquaman and Cheetah from Wonder Woman. Then just have Deadshot act as the protagonist and add a couple of redshirts nobody gives a fuck about. Fuck if you have Luthor as the villain of the Superman film you could have him recruit Manta and Cheetah after they escape the Squad into the Legion of Doom right at the end of the film.

The DCEU frustrates me because it would be sop easy to structure if there wasn't so much meddling and incompetence.

That's not fair, the animated films have a lot more freedom.

Imagine if there was a Batman movie before this where it looks like the Joker dies. It would have made that breakout scene at the end of Skwad not be total shit

So that's why whenever the clumsy dialogue needed a breather the movie became a music video. Which was every other line for fucks sake.

>awarded for thr makeup department
>still flops at the box office
Least they did it right with WW

i liked how they flipped it.

batman forming the league to counter the government's counter against metahumans.

>>still flops at the box office

Academy Award Winning

>minor technical oscar
>Sup Forums and Sup Forums have no respect for the oscars 99% of the time

You act like console war retard have never use anything they can to make shitty console war thread. Like how rotten tomatoes scores don't matter until you can use them to say my side is better than your.