Life on mars

BASED GENE HUNT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3j8LDZreZ7M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BUMP

watch it again and it's still full of BBC bullshit. there is just no escape. Doesn't mean i don't enjoy it but the social engineering is there. Do you think they realised that Gene Hunt was gonna be so popular?

Please elaborate

Well for example the labour party once ran an ad campaign that compared David Cameron to Hunt, stating that he was going to take this country back to the 80's. Obviously it backfired massivley but these are the same kind of people who wrote Hunt in the first place. They see him as an anachronsim and a dinosaur whereas most people saw him as a strong man with rough methods but absolutely crystal clear intentions and morality. Just watch any random episode of Life on Mars and Ashes to ashes for clear BBC diversity/leftist pushing drivel through their mouthpeices. (nobody i know likes sam, Drake is better but she's also sexy as hell and a better clash with Hunt, the sexual tension just simmers)

What does anything you said have to do with BBC?

Remember that embarrassing remake? What a stupid

i dont

I remember a there being a great deal of material written in the papers and on tv about how popular the character was and how the writers were taken aback by the positive reaction. Lots of twits speculating about how it "revealed a darkness at the heart of modern Britain".

The Daily Mail was just laughing it's collective arse off at them.

Just the culture of modern Britains socio-political london elite in general. They thought that everyone would /teamsam/ all the way and that they'd have to warm people up to Hunt slowly and use him to "rehabilitate" the image of old fashioned macho men. Watch the first series and its clear he's becoming more like Sam. by the end of Ashes to Ashes to however he's completely stolen the show and his character development has gone completely the other way. To the point where he's browsing new powerful Mercedes car manuals (symbolising he's grown a bit but were there a third season he'd still be mostly the same).Clearly not how the writers expected it to go, it's almost a proto example of the Trump effect.

I'm 100% on team Sam but I don't "hate" Gene because he's a nice bloke at heart and it's just this period which made him macho sexist asshole sometimes

It was so long ago that I actually forgot the twist at the end of Life on Mars.

>we may have to start treating this as a hate crime

>what, as opposed to one of those "I really really like you" kind of murders?

This series doesn't get enough credit.

It's that the main character preferred the "dream" world and kills himself to get back there, after spending the entire series trying to wake up

smdh at these posts

American version was very good desu but i was like 16 when i watched it so i don't remember anything other than the fact that the ending was atrocious

Otherwise it was fine, I remember this one episode where he has to face his abusive father from the past and he ends up getting shot and he's bleeding to death while this song played
youtube.com/watch?v=3j8LDZreZ7M

He's a man. Sam a fucking soyboy (not even meming, he's a skinny rat who does everything by the "rules" even though he's in a dreamworld where he can get the same results with easier methods) Drake was superior because the role makes more sense given to a women.

It was literally a simulation. Not gonna put spoilers on it because it doesn't deserve not being ruined. They were on a spaceship and simulation went wrong. what the fuck america.

>Passive smoking KILLS you know?

>alright so we'll jiggle it about a bit.....bloody birds

I loved both of them. Literally the last really good thing the BBC did.

At the time Ashes was unfavourably compared to LoM (although this was relative) but I think now it was actually slightly better. And they didn't fuck about with a vague ending either.

There might have been another reason I liked it but its slipped my mind.