How do you go from this:

how do you go from this: youtu.be/_ssjFfDi6mc
to this: youtu.be/TUUUh-51t1k
in a single movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
cinemablend.com/news/1721209/the-main-thing-pacific-rim-fans-want-in-the-sequel-according-to-john-boyega
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Toys from the first one didn't sell that well.

youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U

Because Charlie Hunnam is box office poison.

Lack of creative vision and understanding of what made the first enjoyable. Also, Boyega

FLOP READY

FLOP REA DYY

Boyega got creative control of the franchise

Source?

No Del Toro.

cinemablend.com/news/1721209/the-main-thing-pacific-rim-fans-want-in-the-sequel-according-to-john-boyega
>First of all, I will say this. When I signed on to produce, along with my other producing partners on this project, I signed on with this premise: What do the fans want? What was the conversation after Pacific Rim? And a lot of fans were saying, 'Jaegar on Jaegar violence!' So I said, 'Jaegar on Jaegar violence!' I said, 'Guys, I don't know how you are going to do it, but the story needs to work, and they need to face off. People want to see it. And there's a hug thing about that which connects to the story, and the characters. It's going to make it really fun. It doesn't really just seem useless. It's actually something that moves the story forward.

Why do you care? Monster robot movies are the same shit every time. It's not like superhero movies where you can have an epic galatic anime comedy adventure in a GOTG movie to a Michael Mann spy thriller with Winter Soldier to a Breakfast Club Ferris Bueller coming of age movie with Spider-Man.

You haven't watched many monster vs mecha movies then.

Who gives a shit the first one wasn't very good.
I seriously don't know why this movie got such traction. I'm a big /m/ head and its probably one of the better real mecha the west have made, but at the end of the day its just a mediocre action movie with a shoe string plot.

Because the first one had a premise that could be refined and made better with sequels. This movie goes in the opposite direction.

>We've got better upgrades. The robots are moving much more swift. Yeah, we're like ballerinas up in there, it's fantastic.

It gets worse the farther you read.

What was wrong with the first?

Jeez, thought it was just a meme cause no one likes that nigger

he's hated for a reason

Figured it was him being a shit actor and making dumb political statements. Well, adds to the list

>For Pacific Rim, Del Toro personally oversaw every phase of the development and sat with the VFX team and he would instruct them "no, make it slower" or whatever so the robots looked and felt massive. Meanwhile in this movie

Boyega, meanwhile:
>"We've got better upgrades. The robots are moving much more swift. Yeah, we're like ballerinas up in there, it's fantastic"
>“They were like, "What did you feel about the first film," and I told them straight up the stuff that I didn't like and the stuff I wanted to see more of,” says Bodega. “I wish the robots would hurry up, just hurry up.”

Nothing, but there was nothing great about it either.

Don't forget his "excellent" taste in anime.

Kind of explains a lot.

>Hunter x Hunter
anime equivalent of kino

war ready
waaaaar ready

Not into anime much. Only seen Attack on Titan S01 and like 3 episodes of the 2nd season. God awful crap. Know few things about the rest.

flop ready
flooooop ready

>Only seen Attack on Titan
There's your mistake. Would be like your only experience in film being Revenge of the Fallen and you judging all of cinema by that one film.

Real directors make a real difference.

I'll miss Del Toro on this one.

Nigga doesn't even watch mecha and he took control of a mecha show?

Fucking genius 10/10

Was talking about the ones he mentioned. Watched couple other stuff like Code Geass, Elfen Lied and Hellsing, which were enjoyable. Overall I don't really care about anime though.