So it's safe to assume she's a psychopath right?

so it's safe to assume she's a psychopath right?
what kid asks for that crazy shit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/829628554736345088
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>so it's safe to assume she's a psychopath right?
Yep.
And somehow they want us to think Jerry is the worst member of the family.

Sooo you're saying that he knew that 3 boobed alien chick was probably going to try to kill summer and morty and he still went ahead and told her that it was their fault they were breaking up, and you still don't think jerry is the worst??

Jerry getting shit on is usual, though I feel like after that fucking spiel it's getting played out to the point I just can't begin to give a shit about him. Or most of the family for that matter.

Rick is right, Rick and Morty should just stick with Rick and Morty.
Like why the fuck Morty's int was suddenly massively buffed off-screen.

Every kid who is not a neurotypical fucking faggot. If you weren't plagued by constant thoughts of violence against other children when you were a child then you're a normie faggot. Children are all assholes and that included you. How many of them do you think you live next to? How many of them handle your food or educate your children? You'll never know, because I bet you couldn't even tell at the time and you still can't.

No, she's just really smart.

Well compared to his wife and father in law no I don't.
Morty and Summer are starting to become real assholes this season too.

Oh yeah, and Rick just said fuck it and band-aided it and constantly bailed on her. They're both irredeemable monsters in their own way. Beth tried to convince herself that neither of them were. or that daddy was the magic that would make everything perfect, but it was never to be. In the universes where Rick tries to pull it together and save her she probably kills him in at least 9/10 cases.

as an intellectual myself I recognize that the world is just full of idiot sheep that see anything out of the ordinary as "weird" or "psychopathic".

Countless adventures and watching Rick do stuff, and often having to do Rick stuff himself with his life on the line has made him good at fucking around with Rick tech.

They don't. Rick's clearly the worst member of the family by miles. Then Beth is the second worst member of the family. At most Jerry is only the third or fourth worst member.

Peanuts compared to everything that Rick and Beth have done.

Reminder that Rick and Morty fags are new.

rick and morty smart, which means retarded redditor with severe autism and delusions of grandeur

Yes. She has her dad's drunk psycho genes. Morty and Summer do, too. It's only a matter of time with them.

A natural born assassin.

woah i did not expect child beth to have sooo many Skeletons in the closet

>tfw no cute psychopathic daughter to protect the neighbors from

Have any of you seen this movie? Think of this, but with Beth armed with Ricktech gadgets.

Being a single father's a lot like being a single mother, except nobody feels sympathy for you or cares.

To be fair a lot of children have violent thoughts when they a young, specially if they face rejection/bullying, etc.
You never met a kid who burned fireants? Mistreated pets?
I think a lot of posters here forget what Jet Black once said:

"So he's like a child with superhuman combat capabilities. And really, there's nothing more pure and cruel as a child."

This whole le rick is le reddit meme seems really forced desu
It is either tumblrinas or Sup Forumstards getting buttblasted it seems.

Jerry's VA writes for Jerry.

We're supposed to hate him as much as the man voicing him feels we're supposed to.

How many fucking times do I have to say this?

>It is either tumblrinas or Sup Forumstards getting buttblasted it seems.
Try both.

Everyone that Rick regards as smart is a psychopath.

Well she is Rick's daughter.

I'm guessing Summer and Morty aren't as cray cray because of Jerry's genes.

he's clearly not a good writer then, all he can think to do to make people hate Jerry is constantly over the top shit on him.

you want to make people hate Jerry? do this exact plot but the alien actually genuinely loved him, and could sense he was uncomfortable with her, and she keeps going on hunts to try and prove she's not a failure. make it that Jerry actually could have got a genuine alien waifu who truly loved him,
but his betaness fucked it up.

Constant over the top shitting on one character doesn't make people hate them, ti makes people sympathize with them because eventually that character gets so much shit handed to them it's unfair, and peopel feel empathy for them.

This episode just made me feel bad for Beth's mother.

Unless she was just as psycho, she probably suffered a lot.

Nah, I was raised by a single dad and people did feel for him and gave him props for putting the effort to learn how do brush my sister's hair and other girly shit.

Summer and Morty are more needy and cowardly because of Jerry's genes. Beth's not cowardly she's just passive aggressive.

I hate that people will hate me for understanding Rick's "edgy" speech about how the universe thrives on normalcy, and a system that makes unaware beings to be fed to itself to make more unaware beings.

I guess it just boils down to this: Is it considered edgy to believe that most people are stupid? That there are more stupid people on the planet, then there are smart people?

I hope that the next episode is Evil Morty making Rick his bitch

Episode really made me want to see the relationship that Rick and Beth's mother had. How Rick was when he was young. How he met Beth's mother in the first place. How he reacted to her being pregnant. How he ended up breaking up with her, or how she possibly ended up dying or something. There's just so many unanswered questions involving her.

>I guess it just boils down to this: Is it considered edgy to believe that most people are stupid?
Yes, because most people are stupid and their bar for intelligent has to be low in order to deal with that fact. Rick isn't just intelligent, he's wizened. He's not nihilistic as a philosophical choice, he's nihilistic because it would be impossible to handle the moral dilemmas he has faced in his life without reducing things to their least valuable conceptual state.

What was it that Bird Person said at the wedding? "We have committed numerous atrocities in the name of freedom." Rick's not an asshole just to be an asshole. Rick's an asshole because he's disassociated from his own emotions which makes it difficult to empathize with anyone in the first place.

this is rick we are talking about he grew beth in a test tube just because he thought god would get pissed or smth

people call it edgy because the entire show is just about proving 'only' Rick's edgy nihilism is correct, and making sure everything otherwise is in reality as bitter and dead as he is.

Considering Rick's character, his outlook makes sense for him, the problem comes in that the show rather than making say Rick apathetic person we sympathize with and see his nihilism is destroying him, the show instead elevates him as the 'only' correct person. the superhero team thats all cliche good guys, gotta make sure rick easily defeats their greatest adversary and all fo them are as shit as him. the repeat that with every single thing that isn't nihilism. he's literally the 'rickest' Rick, with an entire citadel of variant ricks who are all inferior to him for thinking otherwise.

please it'll be a godamn miracle if Evil Morty lives more than three seconds after making an actual direct move against rick, and the fucking rapture if rick doesn't shoot him the second he even starts to monologue/

I always pictured her to somewhat of a Jerry or Morty role - someone easy to constantly put down and belittle. Someone who would passively tolerate Rick's bullshit before he walked out on her and then passively deal with a psychopathic daughter who blames her for Rick leaving (if that's still the case, since that I was only mentioned by Harmon in an interview from season 1).

I doubt they'd do that though, since they'd actually have to put a female in an emotionally abusive relationship.

Maybe Rick's got a vault where he keeps his own removed memories and we'll see.

So did she murder Tommy or just forcibly cut his finger off?

If she didn't bother to bring him back through a chalk circle on the floor I don't think he was breathing when she left.

What this show tells me is the insanity of Rick is diluting.
Who was Rick's wife? How crazy was she that it let Beth become an closeted psychopath.

Also she totally had Rick cloned her and took off, she took that option like it was gold

Fuck it works both ways.

But she saw the pictures of Jerry, Morty and Summer with a loving face, meaning she chose them. Probably?

it's a back door for the writers. she didn't specifically reject or accept the offer so if they want to later they can use the clone as a way to quickly reset her. the post scene then has her act just weird enough it can be called the clone if they bring the clone back later, and ignorable if they don't

>Is it considered edgy to believe that most people are stupid?
I've actually found it to be the opposite. Everyone is smart in some way, from the guy that landscapes to the guy that builds space ships.

But never the bitch that works in the social security office, or the indian on the other end of a customer service line.

Most people aren't stupid. Most people are around average. There are a proportional amount of morons as there are geniuses.

Just because they have broken English and are trying to make a buck on a country that is literally shit and has really 'flexible' job rights that they didn't chose to be born in?
Stop being a fucking edgy cunt and go outside more, you will learn a thing or two about finding joy in the little things.

I didn't say they were stupid and it's their fault. I just said they're stupid. What's next, you going to defend the intelligence of the majority of the 7 billion people on this planet, most of whom can't get a proper high school education? Even the ones that can get a high school education are pretty stupid. Calm down.

reddit was literally mentioned in the episode

Yeah and the film Pixels literally mentioned Sup Forums. What's your point?

Every time a female character has done anything this season it's been excruciating. What the hell?

Who knows how she might have been, all we know is that Beth resents her for not being like Rick whom Beth admired for walking out on them and just living his adventures.

I thought she probably might have been a Jerry type of doormat or a simple person considering how Rick's supposed false memory showed Diane. I mean when she appears the first thing she says "I hear science noises" so she probably wasn't a bright person.

Then again I don't see Rick falling for a person who is like Jerry, and when Beth asked him why he was giving her the option to bail if nothing matters one of his answers was "Maybe it has something to do with your mom" and if you think about it there was some truth to what he told her so whoever she was she had something that got Rick's attention.

I think that Summer's behaviour in that Mad Max pastiche and Morty's on that purge world make it clear that it's NOT a matter of time; just of opportunity.

Or maybe she loved them enough to remove her toxic self?

That said if I recall in the Meseeks episode she entertains the thought of leaving her family.

Hell maybe she leaves and comes back and we don't notice.

Where did you get Beth being cowardly from that user?

Because he is. Came to that conclusion without their help

I guess what I was getting at is that they're not any less crazy than Beth, and Beth's not all that crazy anyway. She just actively practices the passive appeasing behavior that Rick uses to manipulate her because it's the closest thing she has to an understanding of normal social interaction.

>then
I believe it now.

And there goes our last person that actually acts like a human being

"Daddy, make me a talking knife."
"Here it is."

Clearly the child is at fault here.

There is a reality where she did it and there is a reality where she didn't.

Was there even a reason to believe this episode occurred in C137's continuity?

She didn't get shit from Rick. Should have asked for a Nightblood, baby.

Universe C137 is the Cronenberg universe. The point of this episode is that it doesn't matter if Beth stayed or went because Rick can replace her with a perfect copy. More than really any episode this season, this one forces us to entertain Rick's nihilism as a logical (if grossly unsentimental) position.

Sorry, I meant Rick C137's continuity not the dimension C137.

I don't think that Rick believes in nihilism at all. If nothing mattered then why did he even have that discussion with this Beth, why didn't he just let Jerry croak, why didn't he just stand back and let cannibalism father just die? Why didn't he just let this Morty drop into a the void and pick up a new one from the Council of Ricks?

He probably just spouts that bullshit to make Beth feel better about herself because it's what she needed to hear to make her objective decision.

I think that Beth telling Rick that she got him to make those toys to make her happy is also bullshit. Whilst that might have been her own initial position on the subject, the fact that she uses them and acknowledges that she is her father's daughter suggests that although she might not have intended for them to be used in that purpose, the fact that she could go down that path always exists.

It's an episode about bullshit they tell others. Frankly, I think that Rick's nihilism is just bullshit he tries to push onto others to conceal the fact that he actually cares about them.

I spun a gerbil around by its tail and it flew off of it and smacked against the wall.
And then I disposed of the body by running to the school kitchen and insinkerating the dead body.
They still think the thing ran away. I don't even remember its name anymore.

Yeah. That was the whole episode. If you have to ask then this Cartoon Network show might be too complicated for you.

Fault doesn't enter into it. Rick made her a psychopath, so she's a psychopath. A reason doesn't invalidate the result.

He told Beth that it was all just a illogical emotion driven reason.
He has stated before that he cannot let Jerry die, because he knows that Beth would never forgive him if he did.
He only played along with Beth's plan to save cannibalism dad because Beth felt guilty that Tommy being involved with her is what led to Tommy's father nearly getting killed. Basically again, did it out of illogical whim.
We saw that he does have a emotional connection to his Morty that he believes himself to be illogical and toxic.
Its more like a realistic depiction of a nihilistic person. Realistically, no human can cast off their emotional connections completely and easily, they have to suppress them. Now you may ask "then why doesn't Rick just make a machine or something to do that for him?" He won't, because he can't, because his own illogical emotional side also won't let him do that, because it knows it would be removed. Its a self sustaining cycle that is impossible to end:

Be nihilistic -> try to rid yourself of emotional connections -> cannot do so fully, can only suppress them -> want to make something that will do this -> his emotional connection side that he suppresses makes him feel intense fear over what would happen if he did this -> so he doesn't do it -> goes back to suppressing his emotional connections side.

So if you define nihilism as someone that breaks the emotional bonds they have with the people around them, then nobody is a nihilist, because its impossible to do that, at least not easily.

I'd it's one thing I realized, people remember the other characters more, even Ein the fucking dog

>Is it considered edgy to believe that most people are stupid? That there are more stupid people on the planet, then there are smart people?
According to xkcd, yes.

>Is it considered edgy to believe most people are stupid?

Yes. You're probably of average intelligence (at best), like the rest of us, and just developed this overzealous sense of self-worth, telling yourself that you're smarter than most people when really, you're not.

Do you spend your free time learning new concepts and broadening the limits of your understanding of the world and universe as a whole? No. How about utilizing your time to travel and learn about other cultures as you connect with your fellow man? No. You spend your free time shitposting about a cartoon on a Peruvian shadowpuppet forum.

I'm not saying I'm any better, because I'm obviously not. I don't know shit. I'm just making sure you know you're not special or hyper-intelligent, and shouldn't act otherwise.

>Is it considered edgy to believe that most people are stupid?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
Rick is smart because his creator wrote him a backstory in which he was clever but his creator is going to be dumber than him.

You are watching a story about smart people written by idiots for idiots.

This.
It's like the same people who think they love Rick because he is a scientist.
Rick isn't a scientist. Rick is said to be a scientist. Rick is recognized in-universe as a scientist, and for whatever reason out of universe too, but the way he is written he is anything but.
How many times has Rick used the scientific method to create or understand anything in the show? The closest thing we come to it are in the battery worlds where he creates slingshots to spite his mirror universe double, and when he invented the dimension hopper.
Which was a fucking dream sequence.

There is far more evidence in a thesis that Rick is a wizard than he is a scientist. He's a mad wizard who works on toon logic which is why the smartest person in the universe thought mixing dinosaur DNA will help fix the rampant mutations he caused worldwide. A scientist would think that's retarded. A mad drunk cartoon wizard would fucking bottle that idea right before fighting the literal devil in a Faustian business war because he's really petty, which is also not very scientific.

Rick is a wizard. Not a scientist.

WIZARDS
ARE
DICKS

Rick is a spoof of Sci-Fi flick scientists which are usually not consistent in the least. The whole premise of the show is a throwback to other movies and cliches.

This whole "smart character written by dumb people" is a meme made by a bunch of retarded autists who have found their new nonsense complaint.

>on average, people are of average intelligence
Anyone who has worked retail can tell you that on average, this is just not true.

twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/829628554736345088

dan harmon ladies and gentlemen

Please, any kid would love to have a lightsaber to cut little animals and other kinds.
Why do you think parents must teach kids to play right with other kids?

Holy fuck, why hasn't Morty asked Rick for a lightsaber and a jedi cloak that gives him Force powers yet?

That's doubly hilarious/horrible because H3h3 and Roiland are friends who have collaborated for kicks and VR game shilling.
There is a guaranteed collision between Harmon and Roiland coming lads, guaranteed.

I thought most of the shit people give Harmon was hyperbolic but reading that original thread was ridiculous. Twitter does a good job at exposing the crazies.

There has already been several cases of Harmon and Roiland butting heads with each other and they don't even try to hide it.

Hell, what do you think Summer's line at the end of Mindblowers was referring too:
>No wonder all you two ever do is fight and get way behind on schedule.

Harmon is infamous man, there are horror stories of how difficult he is to work with going all the way back to early Community.
The divorce has pretty clearly fucked him too, with an incredibly uncomfortable moment in a shared interview with Roiland where it's revealed Roiland did or wanted to do a project recently and didn't tell Harmon, who then of course sprang out painfully obvious questions about why during it.

It's not an assumption at this point. It's a fact that she developed sociopathy as a result of having an absentee father who could make her fantastical devices the few times he bothered to show up during her life.

What was really fucked was that wasn't supposed to be a shared interview. Harmon literally walked into the room and started answering questions.

>is it edgy to believe most people are stupid
>misproperly uses then

I guess you're one of them.

That's so uncomfortable holy shit.

am I the only one who feels like this comes completely out of left field?

Like sure Beth has always been a bad person but comparing her to Rick and saying they are somehow the same is complete bullshit, its like someone wanted to draw an interesting parallel but decided to ignore the actual characters in order to do that

I did like how it was unlike what Beth chose, although the plan is inherently illogical since if Rick made a perfect clone of Beth and Beth chose to run away than the clone would want to and try to run away as well

>that he knew that 3 boobed alien chick was probably going to try to kill summer and morty and he still went ahead and told her that it was their fault they were breaking up
he didnt knew retard. Hes too dumb for that. He just broke up with her using that lame excuse and thought it was gonna work.
And if he knew he wouldnt have saved the kids from her. He would have just let her kill them thinking it would fix the problem.
the problem with this show is that they acknowledge shes a bitch, but they dont do anything to make her better. Even Jerry, who is still a pathetic loser, slowly gets better. She doesnt, and shes a character we are stuck with all the time, and she never gets better.
I know the point is that shes an asshole and that people dont change just like that, but shes not a complex asshole, or has anything deep about her. Shes just a horrible person. We like Rick because hes funny and he has shown sides of him that show he does love his family. Beth isnt funny and she doesnt care about anyone other than herself and her daddy issues.
Honestly,the best thing the show can do right now is stay with that Beth robot and never again bring up the original Beth. That way,its a win win.

the clone shit was contradictory,because we saw in a previous episode how Rick made a clone of Morty and Summer,and that failed. And youre saying that the one with Beth worked? Get out of here

What bugs me is how Beth did a complete 180 regarding how she views Rick. We went from her unable to believe Rick can do anything wrong in the therapy episode to her blaiming Rick's absence for her sociopathic behavior.

Did people have this in depth of analysis of a cartoon for things like GI Joe and Transformers in the 80s?

It's a cartoon. Calm down

surprisingly, lots of kids.

Parents of course play a large part in helping their child in understanding the moral consequences of society. Rick decidedly chose not to help his daughter construct appropriate moral boundaries, but pandered to her and normalizing her destructive behavior

yeah people also didn't have the internet

go back to Sup Forums if that's the level of thought you put into your statements

which wasn't an issue ever brought up until just this episode

class A writing

So did beth get a clone?

Nigga i wasnt a good kid but i would never ask for a whip that makes people like me.

you just dont understand the level autism (back when it was called just a wierdo) people had back in the day.

Comic clubs and sci-fi meetings in basements were a thing

no, if she had that would just mean the clone would make the same choice to leave that she did

what the fuck am I looking at?
Did harmon have a meltdown over one of roiland's other friends modestly calling him out?