Favourite Villains?

Let's give it up for the villains Sup Forums! Those dastardly and diabolical gentleman with a gleamer in their eye. Who's your favourite? Why? And, what about the so-called """heroes"""? Which one do you hate the most?

Honestly it's probably the Joker. He just works well as a villain for me, really mainstream answer but I just think he's the type of villain which suits comic books perfectly.

Honorable mentions:
>Black Manta
>Magento
>Lex Luthor
>Doctor DOOM
>Two Face
>Darkseid

Oh, and Bullseye.

What I like about Sinestro is that his motivations are for the greater good. In his mind he's the hero.

This whole trend of bad guys trying to be good is wearing on me. When it comes to comics, I want the evil for the sake of evil variety.

Is Doom face still fixed? or did something undid Reed's "prank"

You know that's a better reason to not cure cancer than every other marvel super genius have.

Is there a villain that scares the hero? I want more villains like that. That even the hero pisses his pants when seeing his villian.

Pic related, for sure.

I also LOVE Bane, but the problem with him is that everything he does will always be overshadowed by Knightfall. And Bizarro can be cool too, both as a fun, more lighthearted character and as a tragic Frankenstein's monster-type figure.

I'm sad there were so few adaptations outside of the comics that do DOOM any justice. I only became a dedicated comic reader in college when I started making my own money.

I once wrote a scenario for fun in which a young rookie hero travels to a country that boarders Latveria for a vacation. One thing leads to another, they wind up thwarting an evil plot by loyalists to the mutant-hating, Roma-discriminating government DOOM overthrew without revealing their identity, and they wind up having tea with him after the whole ordeal is over. They are of course terrified and try to play it cool, only for their trembling hands when picking up the teacup to give them away. The story wraps up with seeing DOOM's sympathetic side, like his genuine love (albeit sometimes a very tough love) for his people. The story ends with DOOM revealing that he does know their identity, but deciding not to reveal it (and even axing someone who considers doing so) as an act of gratitude and because their family is innocent.

Nothing was as satisfying to me as that beatdown Bullseye gets from American Eagle.
Not shitting on your choice, just a moment I really enjoyed.

So is Lex

but lex stole 40 cakes

Doom's a good villain because he doesn't dedicate his life just to being evil, he spends at least 75% of his time purely running Latveria. He has an actual motivation outside of 'he's the bad guy' (which is surprising considering his name is fucking Doom).

Ultron is my fav villain partly cause Hank is my favorite hero. I love his weird love-hate relationship with the Pym family. He claims his motivations are to conquer the world, but really he just wants to prove to his dad that he's a worthy successor of Hank. Him being a copy of Hank's brain also makes it interesting because he's a reflection of him if he grew up wrong,so this is what Hank could have been. Then there is the Oedipus complex with Janet and the son like relationship with Vision. The stories can range from high stakes like Ultron Unlimited and Rage of Ultron to a weird detective noir story with The Vision being a detective and Ultron getting drunk at the bar feeling like a bad father (that one is great)

Plus, you don't worry about having to lock up Ultron, the stupid no kill rule doesn't exist here. And they can keep killing him forever and he can not die. His programming is everywhere in the galaxy now, so no matter how many times you kill him he can come back without worrying about bullshit excuses

this is now underrated villains thread

Ratcatcher and dr. death are underused bat-villains
Dr.Death predated joker as the first bat-villain and the first who used toxin gas gimmick

Superman's boyfriend is probably my favourite

EMH is the only one I can think of...

Wasnt Dr. Death the first gimmick supervillain of Batmans too?

yes

>mutant-hating, Roma-discriminating government
So, the heroes?

Darkseid
Ogdru Jahad
Black Manta
Bullseye
Mallen
A.I.M.
Batroc
Dr. Destiny
Lord Death Man
T:D:H:D Sector 3600
Mr. Nobody
The Spot
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Angle Man
The Ghost
Mahapralaya
Metallo
Mad Jim Jaspers
Proteus
Sublime

Black Manta
Eobard Thawne
Lex Luthor
Victor Freeze
and of course Doom.

I already said so in the other thread, but Chairface.

this

Doom always will remain a butthurt pikey with delusions of grandeur

Pic related easily. Followed closely by Doctor Doom.

more discussion instead just names

I can't believe we haven't gotten a live action version of him whose backstory is being bitter about cg replacing practical effects.

And that's terrible.

thats too close to home for hollywood

The mighty Lord Death Man! Deathstroke and Scarecrow are up there, too.

>Lord Death Man
Mein Negro