Why is Spiked so based?

Why is Spiked so based?

>badass villain at first
>slowly becomes comic relief
>becomes one of the scooby gang

a vampire at night, with a witch day job?

>From villain to champion
Great arc. Arguably one of the best in the entire Buffyverse.

Wood was such a shit character

spike sucks. angel rules.

What is this?

James Marsters guest starred in Supernatural. Charisma did, too

>joss randomly decides he's good one day because the female writers want to fuck him

>arc

greeeeeeat fap material i used to watch and saving it in my mind to later faps
good work user but moaning is needed

Yeah, but he was such a shitty character it felt great watching Spike degrade him. And then Buffy tells him Spike's totally right.

Perfect.

No one would let him rest in peace

She didn't say he was right. She said they have bigger things to worry about than his revenge on a guy who doesn't even exist anymore.

I think this photo shows best how much of an alpha Spike is. Wielding a cross as a weapon even if it hurts him.

how to be a member of the snark squad, lads?

>having your thread have to be saved from 404 before 20 replies
>based

Thanks for helping

Pretty much this. Spike was basically a FanFic brought to life by fat Buffy writers.

But he was a jobber almost all of season 2, and certainly all of season 4.

And this is from Angel 5, when his development has reached peak

He literally does what Angel does. He never does become his own person with his own goal.

It's always good to see my brother getting his ass handed to him

He still worked for his soul and was quicker to use it for good

What the fuck is wrong with Spike? He seems so sentimental when compared with other vampires.

listened to all the Dresden File books and don't think I could have without him narrating

Because he took responsibilty for himself and had an arc that genuinely led him to deserve a soul.

>start out as an evil chav that murdered 2 slayers
>gets neutered into comic relief
>grudingly helps out the gang for self-gain so he can make Spike Great Again
>this turns into obsession once he falls for Buffy
>Both him and Buffy realize they're being self-destructive, break it off and become tsundere
>Spike starts to question his motives
>Spike goes to LA, trying to regain his INNIT persona
>realizes that no matter how much he hates it, he cares about his 'friends' and comes to understand that there's far worse evil out there that directly compromises his lifestyle
>His friends rub off on him to the point where he slowly overcomes the demon possessing him
>gets a soul to better help his friends, not because of some tragic duty

tl;dr, Angel didn't have a choice, Spike did.

I know you want to go back inside

>responsibility for himself
>blames everything he ever did on everyone else

Andrew had a better arc than Spike. ANDREW.

>william's mother is named anne
>the deliberately cast an actress that looked like Buffy

I hate that they dropped this.

Thank you, user. I find Sup Forums is generally overcritical of Spike, it's nice to see some support at last. I don't even try to pull up Angel comparisons nor take a shit on Angel and yet some Angelfags can't help themselves to magnify everything """wrong""" with Spike as if Angel was perfect

>being this wrong

Both Angel and Spike are great, just for different reasons. Them willing to kill each other fighting over the cup was great character development.

Only topped by Weasley´s and maybe Willow´s.

Thing is Angel never really does change. He is cool for other reasons like, he never actually defeats his inner demon, Angelus is far more monstrous than Spike (even the first Spike is just a bad boy prick) and Angel is unnable to get rid of him... he has to learn to live with that even though he hates him.

While this is actually pretty cool and works, his depressive attitude can become a little too dense sometimes.

Spike doesn´t have that. He changes. He goes from prick to mortal enemy, to traitor, to comedic relief, to a souless monster obsesed with the slayer, to believing obsesion is love, to actually getting a soul and being in love even though he was not loved back...

He is always doing something new and fresh and once one sees both Buffy and Angel more than once that starts to top gloomy Angel.

Look like it's your...expiration date.

I really really really like angelus

Bump for /our/ goddess

Where's the user with last week HD requests?

Lets see if i can count to ten

Ensouled Angel and Spike aren't their human selves... right?

I mean, the human they were died, and a demon just has their memories... right?

The demon doesn't leave when a new soul comes in, so, did the demons just get souls for themselves, or did the human souls associated with the bodies return, or was the demon given the human soul for integration, or is the new soul someone different or what?

Is Spike lost his soul again, would he be any different?

best girl

>a demon just has their memories
lies of the watchers to keep the slayers from feeling guilt

>Ensouled Angel and Spike aren't their human selves
Yes they are. The concept of soul is the same as consciousness sorta.. kinda..
The memories and personality are physical processes

He’s constantly getting cucked.

>cucked by Angel after he was sired
>cucked again by the Immortal
>cucked by Angel again in the 90s
>cucked again by a Chaos demon
>possibly cucked by a fungus demon
>develops feelings for Buffy, can’t do anything because she’s dating Riley, she also goes on a date with Wood, then kisses Angel in front of him in the last episode
>in the canon comics Buffy screws Angel again, briefly dates some lame OC police officer even after Spike is back in the picture, Buffy tries speed dating at one point
>Buffy finally, after all these years starts dating Spike and they attempt a proper relationship while he has a soul
>Angel shows up to help with a mission, nothing happens but Spike becomes visibly nervous and insecure

>best girl
"No."

>Faith will never force you to drink her piss
jdimsa

Blasphemy
Preggo Amy Best Amy

He was originally only meant to appear in a few episodes, its just that he was such an obviously great character they had to find a way to make him an integral part of the series.. really this arc is the only way to do that

I best she Fucking sucks dick, don't she.

On top of all that, Drusilla made out with Giles in front of him and Angel. She hypnotized him to gain information, but then continued to make out with him after she got the info because she was “carried away.”

Drusilla also fell in love with and tried to sire Xander, abliet under a spell.

Also strangely implied he has sex with Angel at one point

but she also added that if wood tries it again, she will let spike kill him.. she clearly thought wood was in the wrong for trying to kill the 2nd strongest person they had

Of course

>comics
>canon

Second strongest?

>Willow
>Buffy

He’s third strongest (although you could argue that Willow’s magic was being messed with by the First Evil, so that diminished how useful she could be). He gets bumped down to fourth place once Faith shows up.

> Dru made out with Giles
> Dru fell in love with Xander

jesus i dont remember any of this, i need to rewatch the earlier seasons

According to Joss Whedon they are.

When Buffy gets a live action reunion series that contradicts the comics, then we’ll talk.

Also, Spike arguably had feelings for Fred and then Illyria and got (sort of, in the loosest possible sense of the word) cucked by Wesley.

Yeah i meant 2nd strongest ally to buffy

1. Willow
2. Buffy
3. Spike

They needed the info from Giles on how to open the Acathla demon. Angel was gonna torture him with a chainsaw but then Spike suggested using Drusilla’s hypnosis.

Xander did a spell to make Cordelia love him, but it backfired and every single female resident of the town fell in love with him including Drusilla.

>Also strangely implied he has sex with Angel at one point
What? Who's He?

Wait, I thought Xander hated Cordelia and was in love with Buffy, and the relationship with Cordelia was something that just kind of grew out of nowhere with the random makeouts and what not

I remember the Giles thing now but have absolutely no recall of the Xander love spell.. maybe i missed the episode altogether

i remember that episode

I remember it for being good for faps.
Maybe as much as vampire Willow.
Not as much as S6 Dawn though.

where is the hd webm guy for this scene