Did no one notice it was the second fantasy film in history to win best picture?

did no one notice it was the second fantasy film in history to win best picture?

And it sucked.

Did anyone else notice the poster is literally the last scene?

and yes they fucked

not best picture worthy but pretty comfy flick

just like moonlight, this film will get unfairly shat on by Sup Forums just because it won best pic

Moonlight was actually good and had memorable scenes though. Shape of Water might be the worst Oscar win since Crash.

lol

>just like moonlight, this film will get unfairly shat on by Sup Forums just because of racism and homophobia

I'm a furry that would fuck a fish dude. Is this movie any good?

hell, I didn't like Moonlight, but moonlight is much better then this, this makes spotlight look amazing.

This is the worse Best picture winner since Crash

everybody was shitting on this beforehand because it is mediocre

Use spoiler tags when revealing spoilers. First warning

And first sci fi film

fantasy and sci-fi need to have shooty pew pew and wizards and spells tho not POOPY boring drama poop >:(((( poopy academy dumb me patrician with EPIC taste DREDD was EPIC edge of tomorrow was EPIC not poopy shape of fish sex >:((((

you're supposed to greentext your strawman, reddit
like this
>

So this movie is about abe sapien getting laid?

*Simpson stupid iPhone

fish people are not a race my dude

After Schindler's List?

I tried watching this while I was on a plane trip. Got 2/3 of the way in and turned it off because it just felt so ridiculously formulaic and boring.

Also the film doesn't even try to hide its Marxist propaganda. Yeah let's make the antagonist a religious white man with the idyllic nuclear family, oh and hammer home some capitalist tendencies while you're at it, but he's also pure evil.

Meanwhile you have a disabled woman, a homosexual, a strong woman of colour, and a Jewish Russian spy as your good guys, promoting beastiality.

Also remember the nice bakery guy? Well he's a disgusting homophobe so now you HATE him even though this is set in a time where that was still considered degenerate behaviour.

I didn't want to turn this into a Sup Forums tier rant but the actual plot is so goddam boring there's not much else to comment on.

Did no one else notice how mediocre this was compared to Pans Labyrinth, which is also overrated?

He’s not wrong. Moonlight also sucks tho

Racism towards the Mexican director my dude

How come movies with female monsters are uncommon?

Does Birdman count? That was somewhat fantasy