Do you think he could manage to direct a good Horror movie?

Do you think he could manage to direct a good Horror movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7uOqlIhUk
youtube.com/watch?v=mYSADDIw71A
youtube.com/watch?v=vu9t6TvTCf8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah probably.
probably better than Peele anyway

no

Probably, as long as he doesn't involve Kevin Finn in the production.

I've been saying he should make a horror movie for years now. It's where his passion truly is but I think he thought he wouldn't make the money he needed unless he made an AVGN movie.

Seriously, I bet James could make a pretty great indie horror. Its pretty easy seeing him do something like The Old Dark House with actual supernatural elements.

I've never seen anything he's directed.

Then why even post in this thread?

James is obsessed with hammer horror and terrible cliches. Even with budget and advanced techniques when it came to special effects and makeup, he would still pump out an extremely disappointing movie because it would be filled with homages, rather than interesting or original ideas.

Honestly, ask yourself: has James Rolfe ever expressed ANY original thoughts in any of the content he creates? The only good horror movies in the present are those that break orthodoxy, and James is a slave to it.

To answer the question that was asked.

Location hunt?
More like LOSING HAIR

youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7uOqlIhUk

His documentaries about visiting past locations of his childhood and movie locations are also good.

Too bad he's stuck making AVGN forever even when the youtube bubble has burst.

Maybe, but it'd be a good Hammer throwback/homage
I can't see him directing nothing more well

What the hell kind of name for a studio is Skinny Ugly Pilgrim?

>If you’ve seen The Jersey Odysseys: Legend of the Blue Hole (2004), Cinemaphobia (2001), The Dragon in my Dreams (2010), the final season of Board James (2015) and AVGN Episode 150: Polybius (2017), you already know my style, and which kind of directions I may possibly take it.

>I may make a feature length film, a short film, or both. Right now, it’s an open road. I am also trying to write a book on my life story, growing up making movies

>In 2018, I plan to spend my time differently, directing more attention on personal projects that are much more time-consuming than the average web videos. Work that goes on behind-the-scenes that may take a long time before you see the final results, possibly years. I still plan to keep content coming as steady as possible. AVGN is still the priority. I also have been trying to make more You Know What’s Bullshit episodes, but years keep passing, and there’s never any free time. I am working to find an opening in the production schedule, to make them happen.
confirmed next "movie" will be shit?

>but years keep passing, and there’s never any free time.

What? All he has is free time to do what he wants/.

I don't think he could night manage a Burger King.

The polybius episode was pretty good. I would really like to see more horror stuff from James.

>More You Knows What's Bullshit
Who the hell cares about that?

this

>New AVGN Polybius episode
>First part
>condensed information of the Ahoy and Gaming Historian videos.
>No AVGN spin on it, just him talking about a meme topic thats been discussed to death already
>PURE KINO
>part 2
>its pretty hard to look at james head without cringing. I dont know why the fuck he doesnt just wear hair spray at this point
>its revealed that james has 0 talent on how to act out any emotion that isnt raging or ironic
>you start to think, "wow... this is like some shitty version of one of typical paranormal or physiological horror movies. No way the nerd is going to do the whole series like this without some avgn joke"
>PURE KINO
>part 3
>a creepy pasta reading so edgy and cliche, even /x/ and 12 year old girls would roll their eyes to it
>the nerd, which everyone saw coming since the first vid, is start to get addicted to the game
>...thats it: a shitty creepypasta reading that took 5 mins to write and the cliche horror vid being cliche
>PURE KINO
>part 4
>there have been no jokes at all. Just james telling a really cliche horror movie. Oh but its so bad its good right XD
>wow james, you sure are trying hard trying to make this feel like a shitty psychological horror movie. this is gettin really predictable and trope-ish. But theres going to be a funny pay off at the end right?
>PURE KINO
>part 5
>2 mins of james yelling how hes addicted to the game. A game we cant see because was too lazy to pop in any game or have some other game be polybius cause he cant into twists.
>Just... 2 whole mins of him really beating this dead horse of a predictable video
>PURE KINO
>part 6
>a screamer..... a whole week for a screamer. James honestly thought he made a good scare or joke or whatever the fuck he was doing with something middleschoolers used to make joke vids about in the hay day of youtube
>no jokes or funny lines
>a screamer
>PURE KINO
>LE 8/8 B8! YOU KNOW THIS VID WAS KINO! XD

:O

As long a big greasy monkey nigger is in it.

Need muh fuckin niggers.

Don't worry, James has the diversity covered.

I'd buy his book

This. Whats strange though is james has moments like these
youtube.com/watch?v=mYSADDIw71A
>1:49
He seems self aware of whats cliche in horror movies. The only problem is, hes horrible at fixing it.
Heres his though process behind horror movies. Check out this quote
youtube.com/watch?v=vu9t6TvTCf8
>1:23
James's logic is that its okay to have horrible cliches, as long as the subject itself is out of normal. Because, lets face it, episodes like Mr. Bucket and Dream Phone from board james, if the villain was just some serial killer, it would be a generic 80s slasher. But James thinks hes being creative by having the killers be Mr. Bucket and the dream phone, so it justifies the cliches.
This is obvious that horrible halloween special polybius

Theyre pretty entertaining. I have no idea whats the point of making more though. It generates no where near as much revenue as J&M Mondays and AVGN, and plus it distracts from more serious projects.

i watched a stream with his gf once and she asked him why the chat was asking for her to show her feet lel

Where did the hair goooo

kek. no wonder she kept coming on streams.

>why didn't you help him Sup Forums?

stopped*

i seriously wonder if there will be a day where the youngins only know cinemassacre for mike matei.
I mean, a lot of egoraptor dont even know that he was once an animator. It might happen with James, where people dont even know how big of a phenomenon AVGN was.

*Blocks your path*