This will probably make me cry

This will probably make me cry

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QTfIARry8ew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's mere existence is enough to make a man weep.

Hyped/10

>90 minutes of Pooh and adult Christopher Robin, sitting alone in a park, discussing change, life, morals, all of it, in the most innocent way
It could be kino

Also:
>inb4 memesters will hijack the thread solely because Ewan McGregor plays Christopher Robin in this movie
I just hope there will be no fandom rivalry between this movie and The Art of Self-Defense.

That would also be kino.

>it turns into a Secret Honor one-man performance of Christopher ranting and raving against various conspiracies and horrors to an inanimate cast of the 100 acre wood in a room for the last 40 minutes

Are the voice actors returning? Tigger played by anyone other than Cummings would be a travesty.

Also, baseball scene when?

Chris O'Dowd is voicing Tigger and Peter Capaldi is voicing Rabbit.

>inb4 it turns out like Peter rabbit or Alvin

Jim Cummings is voicing Pooh but Chris O'Dowd is voicing Tigger. I honestly don't know what to think of that.

>reminder that the real Christopher Robin grew up to resent his father using his name for that character and saw it as a source of embarrassment

Oh bother.

I was six years old when this movie came out and I remember tearing up when Tigger realized that he really is the only one.

Tut tut, it looks like rain!

I really hope this is good. These stories were a very important part of my childhood and I'd like to see this done well.

>IM NOT CRYING, IM SWEATING THROUGH MY EYEBALLS

Anyone seen the biopic about the real Christopher Robin?
What did you think of it?
I really loved it.

>Paul Winchell, Tigger's original voice actor, was scheduled to voice Tigger in this film, but was ultimately turned down by Disney, who believed his voice was too worn to replicate the character anymore. Winchell passed away five years after the film was released, denied a perfect swan song as one of his most iconic characters.

I'm at least seeing if for Ewan McGregor.

The trailer and director choice makes it abundantly clear that this is not Peter Rabbit.

Wait was this movie called Goodbye Christopher Robin at one point or is that a different movie?

>Chris O'Dowd is voicing Tigger
But why spend the money when they could just pay Cummings another 10 thousand to voice Tigger?

Holy shit, they actually made this movie? I was in the room when it was pitched. I thought it actually sounded cool the way it was pitched, but didn't think it would be made

Got any nudes of Hayley Atwell? She's confirmed in the cast.

>Hayley Atwell as Evelyn Robin, Christopher's wife.
Jesus Christ no wonder he a grown man. He's been living with a grown woman.

I was listening to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast recently and they talked a minute about Paul Winchell and how his autobiography is one of the most depressing things ever. If I remember right they summed it up as "He just thought he was a total failure because he didn't cure cancer despite all the incredible things he did."

Anybody interested/well versed in old Hollywood or old-time showbiz in general needs to give Gilbert's podcast a listen. The guy has an autistic knowledge of that shit.

Goodbye Christopher Robin was released last year and it's about A.A. Milne and how he created the character. This is basically Disney doing Hook with Pooh Bear.

Important question: does he do the podcast in his best voice? I refuse to listen to his natural speaking voice.

>This is basically Disney doing Hook with Pooh Bear.
Basically this. Thank God, too. I loved the concept Hook introduced and like seeing it applied to other characters.

That was a different movie by Fox Searchlight Pictures and that was a biopic.
It's pretty good.

This.

this is the only Disney movie I think I'll be seeing in theaters for a while. unless my DUDE WEED LMAO friends convince me to see Wrinkle in Time

Will people really go to see this just because they do a voice?

it's actually a horror movie

are they gonna play baseball and take turns pitching

SIR ROBIN BRAVELY RAN AWAY
BRAVE BRAVE BRAVE, BRAVE SIR ROBIN
-EEYORE

That's obviously a mafia thriller.

Silly old bear...

And here I though Pooh was going to be a life sized bear.

I cried because I legitimately thought he died.

WHEN DANGER REARED ITS UGLY HEAD
HE BRAVELY TURNED HIS TAIL AND FLED

He does a more casual sounding version of 'the voice' which I think may be his actual voice at this point since I imagine years of sounding that grating can put a strain on you. I've heard him on that stint on SNL and that famous voicemail on Howard Stern and I'm still confused as to if he actually still sounds like that when he's not on-air or whether age has made him sound more like the 'voice'.

I once had a nightmare when I was like 13 that was a trailer for a horror movie version of Winnie The Pooh. I remember the last shot was Winnie stabbing Tiger repeatedly and Tiger asked 'Why are you stabbing me?' and Pooh said 'Because I like to stab you.'

That would’ve been better desu. Think about it. Ewan and Atwell in the jungle with giant CGI animals.

On that note, here's what I consider one of the very best episodes so you can judge for yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=QTfIARry8ew

Scary, but probable. Still, it's nice to know.
Thanks for letting me know about it. Been looking for a comfy podcast, and I love showbusiness history.

The Search for Christopher Robin was metal

Isn't that the one where they went on the extremely dangerous journey to Skull?

yes

That shit was insane. I loved it.
Why the fuck are Winnie the Pooh movies so goddamned kino?

you see the world bigger when you're a small child

I almost cried playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time a few months back and finding the 100 Acre Wood world. Something like this would probably do me in.

oh god

>could fucking swear I watched this in a movie theater
>even remember kids laughing and the Skull mountain looking huge on the big screen
>fucking wikipedia's telling me it was direct to video
Did I just get Mandela'd or is Wikipedia full of shit?

Pooh looks cute here. I just might war footie pajamas and snuggle with my blanky when i see this in theaters.

>Nick Mohammed as Piglet
Lmfao that guy's getting beheaded

>tfw no jawfu
>tfw no mouthfu
>tfw no khazarfu
>tfw no mommyfu

There's something about this trailer that bothers me. Pooh's voice actor sounding ancient, Christopher Robin being like 50 years old... I get more dread out of this than anything else. The ending is almost certainly going to be tragic in one way or another.

Definitely feeling like a story about getting older, and the dread that comes with that.
My guess is it'll end up with Christopher Robin coming to terms with his life, while remembering what makes it worth living. Basic inspirational shit.

You forget eyebrowfu

kek

>Pooh I....I don't think I really like women. In fact I've slept with dozens, maybe hundreds, of men at this point. Also you were named after a shitty city in Canada.
>Oh bother.

No, it was direct to video. I remember buying this when i was a kid and watching it.

Exactly the kind of represtation we need right now in the age of Drumpf.

Then it's official. I'm /x/ now.

But Peter Rabbit was kino. What are you, one of those moms with ADD kids?