THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

Seriously, this will not work.

Logan got nominated for script because of the feels, and the poignancy of a character with over a decade of history saying goodbye. What does Black Panther have?

HE WAS KANGS

>black people love it! on 10 pretentious magazines
wow what an expensive campaign

This would bring another new low for Oscar ratings

OUR TIME BAYBEE

won't work
simply too big commercial success, no actual artistic values. it's literally bunsh of "what they think about africa" things thrown together. best example? guy wearing female mouth rings.

I'm all for it. Would send a POWERFUL message to Hollywood.

they did women last year, spics this one, next year is looking great for blacks

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION

WE WUZ OSCARS

Black Panther got nothing to win any oscar, it was fun but everything was ok to mediocre, none of the actors were awesome, the cgi was bad, the shits were cheap, the make up was irrelevant

I can't think of anything it could win

>academy is trying to maintain at least a shred of dignity for their reputatuon
>disney keeps paying more and more for black panther
>academy compromises and gives black panther best VFX
This is the mosy likely outcome. And it would be hilarious too.

Itll win film of the year duh

black panther brough nothing into VFX. Blade Runner "Rachel" possibly opens new era - generating actors. they aware groundbreaking VFX
only option would be hairstyling (which would be funny, half of cast is bald) and costumes. thats all

>This is the mosy likely outcome. And it would be hilarious too
...and that's a good thing.

remember Wonder Woman? it was in oscar race too

FAKE NEWS

H
I
D
E

Its art direction and score are deserving of at least a nod. Jordan might get a best supporting character nomination.

>Blade Runner "Rachel" possibly opens new era - generating actors
Pretty sure Rogue One beat them to the punch by almost a year.

Why do they even bother with some of these? Stallone was in Guardians 2 for like 30 seconds total.

>with over a decade of history
Did anyone even watch the movies between X-3 and Logan? The reboot didn't even have him.

>remember Wonder Woman? it was in oscar race too
they don't really expect it, but the studio can get the Oscar endorsement for free by just mentioning the movie being associated with the award. In the common person's view it elevates the movie by the studio implying it's good enough to be considered.

of course it is.
oscar wins depend largely on how hard you push for it to happen.

He was the fuckong main character in Days of Future Past, the most successful and best movie of the reboot series and the bridge between the old and the new cast,, you retard.

Gladiator beat them to the punch by more then a decade, pleb.

R1 wasn't that good.
in addition, JOI+prostitute merging scene was impressive too

even if they didnt they remember based wolverine from the first two x-men

Briefly compositing a dead actor's face onto a double is not the same as generating an entire performance with CGI, retard

Only if there's an Academy Award for Best Marketing

the jew never rests

I could see a best costume design award

R1 was better than BR.

Only a faggot would disagree.

BP will at least get nominated. It would not surprise me if it wins a major if it's a weak year.

>implying anyone gonna give a shit about this movie when Infinity War comes up
literally filler movie to cash on a token side character from latest cap america, IW is a result of 10 years of teasing and building it up

well Get Out got the affirmative action award. I dont think Oscars have any self respect so black panther could win for best costume I guess

>R1 was better than BR

no

Nice bait

>facts are bait

BR is an overlong piece of shit with no purpose. You're like an idiot that stares at a circle and tries to see a square.

we are talking about special effects. blade runner got 2 very good ones that deserved win

IF IT CANT HAPPEN NATURALLY, WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN.

YOU MUST LIKE NIGGERS. OHHH FUCKKKKK MUH FUCKIN NIGGERS....OHHHH FUCKKK IM CUMMING.

yeah there's so much purpose to Rogue One lmao fuck outta here pleb

And why not? It earned it.

Straw Huts on top of skyscrapers.

Blade runner is a real movie while rogue one is another mary sue gurl powah fantasy character like rey

Disney star wars writting is pathetic, anyone praising it is a complete idiot

>rogue one is another mary sue gurl powah fantasy...

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SPECIAL EFFECTS

R1 is another Star Wars, it doesn't bring much into VFX, Tarkin and Leia were off. Blade Runner got a scene where 1 girl is merging with other one. This was the effect that gave it an Oscar.

score was forgettable, in that I forget what the score was and the "generic semi-futuristic city clouded by fog so you don't notice the shitty cgi" "Art" was complete shit. Whole movie was just generic sci-fi mixed with a bunch of tribal african junk, they didn't even try to blend the two together, there's just a bunch of spears and weird hairdos next to forcefields and spaceships that can't go to space.

>Rogue One was good, at all
the absolute state of nu-Sup Forums

black fragility

Remember the part where the blacks started killing each other for no reason?

Jesus Christ

Embarrassing

While Whitey over here actually stopped Kilmonger’s “give space metal guns to black people” plan?

An interesting political-racial narrative. Like on one hand, we have the fantasy utopia of Wakanda. It's a wealthy place full of educated, successful people. On the other hand we have Killmonger. Consider that Killmonger is going to feel more familiar to the audience than T'Challa and the Wakandans. He grew up in Oakland without a father. Has an American accent and name. He is representative of some of the negative characteristics of American black extremists. He was wronged by Wakanda on a very real, personal level. And grows up seeing a lot of poverty and injustice, knowing that out there there are people who do nothing about it though they have the power. The movie shows sympathy and humanizes Killmonger, but still portrays him as a villain. T'Challa acknowledges the injustice and wants to fix it, but in a wise, benevolent way that rejects the extreme black supremacist view and solution.

That's all a pretty heavy subtext for a superhero movie. I think it's well crafted in a lot of ways. And it ticks some Oscar bait boxes. I don't know that it's Oscar worthy (there are some technical flaws to it, carrying Marvel's cheap CGI look). It'd be funny watching Sup Forums explode though.

costume design obviously are you an idiot