Is there such a genre as military horror? Like a military movie but its horror themed...

Is there such a genre as military horror? Like a military movie but its horror themed? If so anyone have any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Roll-Call
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsWk2aGYvxM
youtube.com/watch?v=ohbGY6kGyT0
imdb.com/title/tt4426656/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
imdb.com/title/tt0114367/
imdb.com/user/ur53152732/reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Keep? It's not very good, but I think it fits the bill.

Deathwatch is the only one I can think of

Predator
Aliens
Day of the Dead
Jacob's Ladder

jacob's ladder

Dog Soldiers maybe.

Heresy.

Dog Soldiers

All waR movies are horror, except enemy at the gate, that's a romantic war film. Love it but odd as fuck

I don't know there was some movie I watched about those snipers that had a 3 day snipe fight in world war 2 and that was horrific from a conceptual stand point.

Dog Soldiers is right up your alley. Maybe Screamers? It's pretty scifi. Predator comes to mind. But definitely Dog Soldiers, great movie.

Doom

i know just the one OP posted, EL PÁRAMO. Good movie if I recall correctly

There was some Civil war and vampires I forgot the name

Frankenstein's Army.

R-Point
Outpost
The Objective
There's quite a few military oriented b-horror movies.

I'll check these out.

Seen em. Though I wouldnt really consider Aliens military. More PMC.

Cheers

Kong: Skull Island had horror elements, in that it was basically about soldiers getting picked off one-by-one by creatures

Spec Ops The Line

ghost of mars

Dead Snow

I've only ever seen gifs posted on Sup Forums, but it looks like it has some good gore. I think it's intentionally pretty schlocky.

R-point

too campy to be scared.

Hills have eyes 2

Where the fuck is the third after that ending

Ravenous

i liked this one. anyone know if the sequels are any good?

I'd love to see a zombie movie centered on a spec ops team. Have them save the president's daughter or something. It would just be cool to see professionals go up against hordes of zombies.

I think Come and See is a very bleak and at times surrealistic view of how bad shit gets.
I'm going to recommend that one.

Unironically resident evil the later ones.

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter?

Right. I've seen the first which I like haven't seen the others. World War Z had some operator shit too, but not enough.

>The Objective
I actually thought that movie was pretty good/comfy when I first saw it, surprised to see all the hate for it

"Neither Heaven Nor Earth" might be up your alley, it extends beyond the b-grade of most military horror movies.

It follows a company of French troops in Afghanistan, who get increasingly plagued by spooky happenings and eventually disappearing soldiers, I'd recommend it.

Oh I meant the games, I honestly forgot there were movies. I'd suggest not watching the movies. The CGI movies are alright and have some good operator v zombies and operator v biofreaks. They go too anime though and have shit like a regular human fighting a titan like creature hand to hand with a knife.

>It's not very good
It's pretty alright. It's a good Spooktober movie.

I think OP meant horror movies that center around a military group. Not horrors of war itself.

>slips on gangplank
>shoots self in head
Some real operator shit.

They aren't. Reference: I found the 1st one original, but between "meh" and "okay". Sequel (outpost:blacksun or some shit like that it's been years) manages to rehash the same movie, but worst.

Korean movie
R Point
Spirits Homecoming (comfort women)
Singaporean
23:59 (semi comedy)

I think there was also a TV movie about Americans getting possessed in Iraq. It had JJ Simons in it

Unironically one of my favorites

Aliens
Predator
etc

How the fuck were the Marines in Aliens PMCs?

The Objective ignored objective reality, where a group of supposed professional soldiers panic and abandon each other (at least from what I remember).

It's when shit hits the fan that you lean on and depend on each other. Been in several TICs, and that is what happens even among regular line-units.

Just finished this story last night, ain't exactly horror, but was intended to be simply unsettling.

creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Roll-Call

It's borderline incoherent. Mann's original 2 1/2 cut was probably amazing, but the film as it is didn't work for me at all.

>How the fuck were the Marines in Aliens PMCs?
They were at the beck and call of a corporate entity that acted as the de facto government in the colonies.

I'm not saying it's great or anything, but I've seen it a half a dozen times over the years and it still vaguely sticks in my brain where so many other movies have just shit right out, so that's something.

Nah that's not it. I saw a webm here where the mc is dining with his fellow officers and they're basically eating raw meat and he became nauseous

got a god tier tangerine dream score tho

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsWk2aGYvxM

Ravenous?
Ravenous is fucking great.

It's quite shitty though

Yeah, that's it. Thanks bro

Dunkirk

Was planning on watching this soon. Kind of getting a Crossed vibe from it

That one episode black mirror maybe

Below (2002) Pretty entertaining, meh third act.

The Bunker (2001) Enjoyable for the premise, but not for everyone, a bit cheesy early 2000's low budget horror.

Deathwatch (2002) Pretty meh, with some decent moments and very obvious plot tweeeeeest. Decent set design for low budget.

Dog Soldiers (2002) Think "British" Predator. Pretty entertaining and some really thrilling moments in the third act. A bit clichéd though, but doesnt take away from the entertainment.

The Objective (2008) Blair Witch Project, but in Afghanistan with Navy Seals and not found footage. Ok film.

That is one interpretation, and can't fault you for taking that route.

There are economic and strategic interests that are worthy safe-guarding for the greater good and at times align.

Didn't happen much in my personal experience, but more than once are immediate missions were to support HVT civilians in their end-goals.

FYI, "the Company" is also a modernly used reference to the CIA.

The Marines in Aliens first and foremost followed their own interests, and not that of the "Company" that was attached to their party.

Known several PMCs who did not have such independence. Hell, just look at what happened to the Russian Wagner group in Syria. There has been several testimonies that have commented that it was a bad idea, and they still had to comply according to their contracts.

The best advise is just to go into it as blank as possible with no expectations, the movie has a little bit of fun with the audience.
The military theme isn't really there much besides establishing the setting and characters. It's just some shitty frontier fort in the middle of nowhere.

Fuck, didn't mean HVTs. VIPs, started drinking early this evening.

Cameron also admitted since he portrayed them as vietnam draftees, and should have just made them regular army, but colonial marine just sounds better.

I see now.

kek

Wasn't that the scientist?

the hills have eyes 2

>R-point
I was pleasantly surprised when I came across that on cable tv.

I'm saying if you do the math that brings the operator quotient of the movie down to a shocking -7.5.
For comparison steel magnolias is only a -6 on the Vining-Cruise operator index.

What's the operator quotient of The Raid and John Wick?

I looked for a torrent about a year ago, couldnt find one that wasnt dead.

Gettingaboner/10 with a standard deviation of

Heres the whole movie on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=ohbGY6kGyT0

schilndlers list

Are there horror movies without jumpscares? I like scary movies but jumps scares are hacky as fuck and annoying.

Ah shit its in portuegese

yes, but they rely heavily on atmosphere to spook you.
So if you're not the type of person that can sit still and actually let yourself become immersed, then I'm afraid you'll have to deal with jumpscares like all the other normies.

This movie sucked ass

Dunkirk was a war movie made to depict war in the manner of a horror movie. I liked that and hope to see more like that. Imagine a relentless 'horror of war' WW1 movie.

House (1986)

jacob's ladder is about MK ultra and PTSD
also I just spoiled the movie

pure kino

This question is asked in literally every horror thread.

second

Exit Humanity

Be warned. It's intense.

Whats the ending.
I want to watch the hills have eyes but I'm a pussy when it comes to rape.

you sick fuck

Explain these piss poor reviews, and I'll cue it
imdb.com/title/tt4426656/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Was wondering if was worth a watch. I keep seeing it around but it's got a low rating.

Literally brainlets. Seems like they don't understand anything metaphorical.

Holy shit read this pat Bradley dudes reviews. He'ss either braindead, a shitpost bot, or a contrarian.

Well the worst review for the movie unironically said this
>A bit like (Kubrick) The Shining , or Event Horizon, the print as delivered makes no sense. Possibly bad editing, or just a bad screenplay.

I rest my case

Anyone remember the name of that terrorists/horror movie? About some US soldiers in Afghanistan I think and finding terrorist ghosts or some shit.

NO

OP you must see Screamers, based on PKD
imdb.com/title/tt0114367/

Also, [Rec]

Oh yeah the other guy that gave it a bad review, says Waste of time! for basically every movie he reviewed but thought Terminator Genisys and Hercules(with the Rock) were solid 7 and 8/10's respectively

imdb.com/user/ur53152732/reviews

Does it have the same downer ending as the book?