What went wrong

what went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrW-GI_9IL8
youtube.com/watch?v=mFDHqs518xY
youtube.com/watch?v=gld84wPItqc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Non-American here and this is the billionth time I see some reference to this "take a knee" business today. What the fuck is going on over there? It looks like is something about American football? Is it illegal to kneel down during the game? Why so many people care so much?

Drumpf said every handegg player who doesn't stand during the anthem should be fired, so we gotta #resist.

>we

I don't know the full story but some black American Football players refused to stand during the national anthem and instead took the knee for whatever reason. Everyone for mad basically.

As an American, I have no clue. I think that kneeling during the national anthem (as opposed to standing) is supposed to be a form of protest against police brutality? But I honestly don't see the connection. Does that mean that standing during the anthem means you approve of police brutality? What the fuck is the connection between the police and the national anthem? It just seems like an awfully self-important way to try and make a hamfisted statement that will ultimately affect nothing besides pissing people off on social media.

This, the players think they're doing something, the fans are pissed and think they're being disrespected, owners are pissed their employees are making a big stink in the press, everyone's mad and nobody can explain what the point was.

Also football is for faggots only, I'll be glad to see the NFL die.

>We

I dont get it. I'm from tacoland but when some bullshit happens with our politics we dont go on a baby tantrum like that during our national anthem.
Its the fucking national anthem, the one thing that binds us all through the thick and thin, we let politics out of it.

A mediocre player was going to get canned by his team, so he said fuck it and started kneeling during the anthem to "protest police brutality" and hope all the attention on him would save his job. No team wanted him after the shitstorm and a few players started kneeling to support him.

Trump tweeted that players should be fired if they kneel during the anthem, because it's disrespectful and they shouldn't protest at work.

Since trump is the devil now everyone wants to kneel to protest against him and NFL ratings are dropping like a rock because no fan wants to see politics in their escape from politics.

Standing shows respect, but respect has to be earned and can easily be lost.

this
based on their logic are people on wheelchairs honorary blacks now?

Yes,
>we
Don't you know that every time you fail to support a hashtag movement, a purgatory baby that got patched into heaven gets dragged down to hell, Bayonetta-style?

>not being an NHL fan in 2017
Man I love this shitstorm

>Its the fucking national anthem, the one thing that binds us all through the thick and thin, we let politics out of it.
I respect this my taco friend, I sincerely wish the rest of my countrymen did too, the fact they these faggots don't is pretty much why people are pissed off.

>Let me tell you why that's bullshit

Even if you don't like the current president and administration, by not standing for the anthem, defacing the flag, etc it shows you have no regard for your nation's past, present or indeed future. The first thing I've agreed with Trump on since he killed the TPP is that players pulling this shit need to be fired.

Didn't that shit already happen like a year ago? Are we stuck in a timeloop?

>Silently kneeling is throwing a tantrum now
Gee, you guys are really easily triggered.

They've gone from americlaps to amerikneels.
t. non-burger Sup Forums

Imagine being dumb enough to believe that

No one watches games to make sure people stand for a fucking anthem, something that is only really new in this decade because the Department of Defense pays the NFL to push military propaganda

The same people bitching about kneeling players got pissed at Google for firing that engineer over that memo or whatever he wrote about women in engineering and Google's diversity

The first gut did around 16 months ago, recently some players did it in support of that guy, then Trump focused on it (including calling the players sons of bitches, which a lot of people thought isn't language appropriate coming from the office of President) and it blew up.

>equating not standing with defacing the flag

How many flag articles of clothing do you own, Ani ?

I dig you, but who are you implying has "lost our respect"? Because standing during the national anthem is meant to show reverence to a hell of a lot more than just the current administration of the USA, and I think that's something people forget.

I fucking hate the current presidency and honestly haven't been overly fond of the bullshit in the US government over the last 20+ years, but it would take a lot more than that for me to not stand and pay my respect to the generations that came before and fought for our freedom and the freedom of others around the world.

*guy did it

>The same people bitching about kneeling players got pissed at Google for firing that engineer
I don't think this is correct.

im so tired of hearing about this stupid shit

I don't get why Florida still has two hockey teams in the sport. We only have ice in the north, SOMETIMES, and no one plays it with regular skates or anything. Wikipedia says that we got them because they were awarded to two team owners, but the fact that we still have them 20 years later boggles my mind.

even batmans talking about it

it is when youre doing it while the national anthem plays.
Why else do it on national tv? for the attention, user. People that dont respect their national anthem just dont care about their countrymen.

source, again the tacoland fag

I miss the days where i could go on twitter and not see 50 posts about trump

>respect has to be earned and can easily be lost.
With that attitude you should just off yourself from the US and live in another country.
They dont need your kind.

That is the hard question is it, but I don't think these guys are doing it lightly. At some point you have to take a stand.

(I do have some thoughts on patriotism reduced to empty ritual but I can't really put them down. Taking an oath more than once in your life is one thing)

Again, I can see where they're coming from. I can't condemn a man who sits for the anthem, helps out a veteran and shows his respect at Arlington.

President whines about not kneeing before the anthem while endorsing christian terrorists,

Man, I'm so glad I'm not American. #Blessed

no matter how many filters and accounts i silence there's still people on both sides being huge asses of themselves.

Enjoy being a slave.

That explains why your land is shit complacent to corrupt politicians.

I miss the days where you could do anything without someone screaming about him. /tfg/ on /toy/ has anti-Trump shitposters for god's sake. Only a week-long camping trip without phone or radio can give you a politics-free couple days now, and even then some faggot might fly overhead trailing a "impreach flumnp" banner behind their plane.

>I fucking hate the current presidency and honestly haven't been overly fond of the bullshit in the US government over the last 20+ years, but it would take a lot more than that for me to not stand and pay my respect to the generations that came before and fought for our freedom and the freedom of others around the world.
But all those people were/are racist and sexist. ESPECIALLY the Boomers. They're not bae like Millennials. They deserved to be disrespected.

>People that dont respect their national anthem just dont care about their countrymen.
Why should you respect anyone who won't participate in the protest? They're on the wrong side of history. Personally, I'm glad that Batman is WOKE - now I can continue to buy useless branded knick-knacks without feeling guilty.

They're bringing politics into football and ratings ARE dropping, user.

>Its the fucking national anthem, the one thing that binds us all through the thick and thin, we let politics out of it.
Except, that is part of the problem. Recently there's been a rise of people basically claiming that having pride in your country as an American is inherently a bad thing. Americans are racist and had slaves, so pride in your country is automatically bad. Also, saying America is great is also bad now too?

Then again, this is just from my experiences as a college kid who has to listen to his professors rant about things that I'm not paying them to rant about.

I miss the days before twitter. A single worldwide forum that encourages people using their real name was the absolutely worst idea possible.

Batman is standing up for human rights.

Batman being Batman.

>Trump tweeted that players should be fired
He gave a self-congratulatory speech about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=vrW-GI_9IL8

What rights are being violated here? It's a public figure being a dick for no reason and the president saying he's upset about it. That's literally it.

ahahah

Really, most NFL players should be fired. Apart from this entire controversy, they're a bunch of fucking would-be thugs and scumbags getting paid millions to play catch on national TV.

Actually he's kneeling down for them, do your eyes work?
Abandoning online anonymity was a mistake.

#literallyhitler

Doesn't he have more pressing matters to address?

Not within his mental capacity, no.

>on Sup Forums posting
Don't you?

>would-be thug

Stop being a chicken.

Brady is the shining star players should take example from

it's because both teams are shit, so they need 2
pic related is my friend's reaction whenever they lose.
>They'll win next year I swear, they can do it, please win one

I taking a dump right now, I'm pretty sure I can handle the multitasking.

>tfw pre-colonialist mexico sacrificed people, after that we also owned slaves, we also had a sort of civil war, we still are big racists yet we are proud of the country that beared us no matter how fucking shitty our lives are

the us is really eating its heart out for petty bullshit

I'm not exactly the President of the US.

You can, he can't.

All presidents do it, Obama did it with his multiple Trayvon comments

If shitting user can handle it, a multimillionare can multitask effectively too.

>NFL ratings down because they rather watch me.

Wow, the vanity on this guy.

>when user cries about the President in my presence

You gotta kneel down to stand up for rights, like how you gotta get up to get down.

>phoneposting on the can
You'll get pink eye.

I'm from New England and I cannot stand the man. I don't like football in the first place, but I respect the fact that the guy has a lot of talent, but he seems like kind of a douche.

>You gotta kneel down to stand up for rights, like how you gotta get up to get down
Pfffwaaaaa

Two dollars have been deposited into your account, with the payment order later canceled.

In what way? He gives credit to the team and coaches instead of himself, he won't speak badly about anyone or get involved in politics, and he's a great player.

They're protesting the wildly out of control police in the United States. Theft, incompetence, corruption, and flat out murder are all commonplace when the police are involved. Race doesn't even have to be a factor (but if is) to see the unchecked lawlessness with which the police conduct themselves.
They'll steal your money.
They'll drop a grenade on your baby.
They'll shoot your dog.
They'll fake evidence.
They'll murder you in the street.
Trump tried to say that athletes shouldn't speak out on these horrible American realities.

>(you)

Evidently not.

>They're protesting the wildly out of control police in the United States
I'm glad that message is getting through to the people loud and clear.

M8, I know it hurts now but it won't always

So they're protesting a narrative used to sway the stock market in conjecture with corporations and the media?

>They're protesting the wildly out of control police in the United States
why couldnt they just write it out or something?

This is why Trump is going to get re-elected. Politics wise he's not nearly as conservative as people think and has been more than willing to cut deals with Democrats.

But Trump knows how to play modern media like a fiddle. Every time the left freaks out and gives undue attention to a comment he took five seconds out of his day to type he's winning hearts and minds. He's the pesky thorn in the side of mainstream media and Americans love it.

He's like Nixon. Nixon talked a big game about being conservative but then recognized One China and backed the EPA. Just look at Trump compromising on the Dreamers and not jailing Hillary.

But Trump will win because he's the popular heel wrestler in the WWE infotainment environment the media built.

He's destroying them with their own tools and historians will write books on how he did it.

Calm down now.

Yeah they've definitely lost the narrative. If anything it just goes to show that America cares more about white fee-fees than black lives.

When has Batman ever gone to a football game?

>He's destroying them with their own tools and historians will write books on how he did it.
As if, (((they))) are always rewritting history to their will.

Remember the 16 million, goy

I'm sure there's at least one panel of him at a football game. I've always assumed he liked baseball, though. It's got lots of stats for every little thing, so it seems like his game.

no u

He's smarter than you that's for sure.

I feel like Belichick mandates that kind of behavior. I feel like he punishes his players for making any kind of public statement that isn't reverent or neutral.

I mean on a personal level. I can't particularly put my finger on it. Just seems like the kind of guy I would never want to be in a room with, like he's so completely disconnected from reality because of his status.

Football is more about strategy and planning, though. He'd probably like both.

would batman give a shit about all this?

They're protesting black criminals getting shot while in the midst of criminal activity. That makes their protest a joke

Endorsing Christian terrorists...wew lad.

Is that you, Barron?

>endorsing christian terrorists
Oh boy, this should be good. Explain what exactly are these "christian terrorists"

It's a pointless protest because it has no real end. Police brutality is awful but unless they're kneeling over a specific killing or court case or cause with a goal (even as nuts as fire every white cop), the protest is doomed to pointlessness because what they're protesting is a generic concept that occurs and not something that can be ended by any specific action.

In terms of what? I'm sure he knows more about the business world, in the same way a man who grew up in Japan knows more about the Japanese than I do. And even then, he's actually been more of a failure than a success, that's been proven. It's not like he earned his wealth, it was fucking given to him by his father who advised him.

All I need to do is listen to the man speak, or read a single twitter post to know that my IQ is likely leaps and bounds above his. Plus, he's fucking 71. He's a doddering old fool who never had to think critically for a day in his life.

This. It's like kneeling because poverty still exist in America.

>good intentions = good actions

Wrong. Kneeling does nothing to prevent cops from doing all that.

Google Philando Castile
> inb4 isolated incident

You being on the wrong side of history if you find taking the knee objectionable.

>christian terrorists
More like whining betacucks
youtube.com/watch?v=mFDHqs518xY
youtube.com/watch?v=gld84wPItqc

I think it went wrong when cops killed all those people for no reason

>I'm definitely smarter than a billionaire who won election to the presidency of the United States

I'd say you're about as smart as Gomer Pyle

>For no reason.

And what part of white supremacy is christian exclusive?