Why was this panned? It's easily one of the best movies of the past 20 years...

Why was this panned? It's easily one of the best movies of the past 20 years. The cinematography is some of the best I've ever seen.

where was i?
>walk around natalie portman without looking at her
was i there?
>fisheye lens shot of the patti smith
i cannot love
>360 degree fisheye panorama on degraded video of ryan gosling playing a ukelele

yeah user greatest film of the last two decades definitely

Because people think knowing philosophy to better understand Terry's films is "pretentious".

same hacky snoozefest malick has made for the last seven years

What are your favorite movies?

Kino.

Only a genius would give Lykke Li more dialogue than Hershlag, Blanchett and Rooney Mara combined. A troll genius.

Ordet, La Notte, Le mépris, Offret, The Godfather Part II, Barry Lyndon, A Brighter Summer Day, Satantango, etc.

The shots at the end and the concert bits were fucking breathtaking, but it’s honestly a bit of a slog.

I saw it with my hyperconservative mom though so I maybe didn’t get the full effect

shit tryhard taste

I dont know. to the wonder was so awful I skipped knight of cups and this one as well.
might see it just because I remember they filmed at some Longhorns game because the camera crew kept cutting to shots of her.
so actually filming at a live football game kinda made me want to see it. the based texas is still in terry.

knights of cups was better
nothing happens in the movie but its really really comfy
fassbender really saves this movie, he was so good

Cuckkino.

I didn't care for it. Knight of Cups was fantastic.

As someone who has loved his 2000s output, Song To Song was reallllly mediocre and showed cracks in his formula. Hard to imagine this possibly being someone's favorite Malick film

which realitykings video is this?

It's a home video of my gf

It may be Malick's worse but it's still easily a top 50 film of this century. What Malick and Chivo are doing for the medium will be remember for centuries. Cinema trully realized its full potential with The Tree of life which I think eventually will be remembered as the greatest film of all times.

does it show the football game or not? trying to decide if I should watch it

>It's easily one of the best movies of the past 20 years

why would you say such a thing? Watch more film

Has cinema seen a better performance? I think not.

Yes but only like 5 seconds of the actual players playing football in the background. Mostly Natalie Portman in the stands and in a booth with Fassbender if I remember correctly.
Care to name a few superior films?

>It's easily one of the best movies of the past 20 years.
Top 100 maybe...? Even that seems like a stretch.

BTW I loved the movie, and put in the top 5 of the year.

>touching someone's face with the whole surface of your filthy hand
do normies really do this?

1. "To the Wonder".
2. "Song to Song".
3. "Knight of Cups".
4. "The New World".
5. "The Tree of Life".
6. "Voyage of Time".
7. "The Thin Red Line".
8. "Days of Heaven".
9. "Badlands".

>The Tree of life which I think eventually will be remembered as the greatest film of all times.
I'm not sure about it being the greatest, but It's top ten for sure.

1. knight of cups
2. the new world
3. tree of life
4. thin red line
5. song to song
6. to the wonder
7. voyage of time
8. days of heaven
9. badlands