Why did it have such a sharp decline?

Why did it have such a sharp decline?

Because they stopped using Sneed.

If I recall correctly, it was something in regards to in-fighting within the writing team (they were trying to one-up each other by making crazier plots without regard to characters or fans, see The Principal & The Pauper), and most ended up leaving

they couldn't top the last good episode(AABF19), so why bother trying at all.

I almost feeling as if this is some time of barneyfag thread.

How many fucking seasons can you have?

because it is 20 years old

Kys

simpsons kept losing good writers
none of the new writers were funny
every season kept getting worse
even bad ratings are good enough so they
don't care about the quality and print cash

based
cringe

Phase one) edgier shows came out, meaning the Simpsons was looking more wholesome by the year
Phase two) old writers suffered burnout and the new writers weren’t able to replicate the initial spirit for very long
Phase three) the show kept trying to top its jokes by putting the characters in crazier situations
Phase four) the satire of pop culture was turning more into a celebration of it as more guest stars came on to play themselves
These roots were planted as early as Season 4, but it wasn’t until 10 when these problems were large and dangerous enough to create bad episodes.

Try almost 30.
Over 30 if you include the Tracey Ullman shorts.

This, but ironically.

Extremely based

Phase five) SNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

this can't be happening bros

the show's last hurrah was s11e5 e-i-e-i-(annoyed grunt)

Sneedposting is literally a form of poetry at this point.

based

based sneed poster

based

Original writers exhausted all possibilities and then left. New writers didn't get the humor and just made it very silly. Even if the original writers stayed on, they said everything they had to say. By season eight, the show had run its course. How many shows can be good for that long? not many. Nothing could have saved the Simpsons from decline except for cancellation.

unironically season 11 was better than s9