Are there any neckbeards in france?

dont get me wrong the art is pretty awesome and it's surprisingly funny. it's just some of the dialogue that screams libertarian neckbeard.

Other urls found in this thread:

www98.zippyshare.com/v/CMpCXjHI/file.html
millsverse.com/byte-me-requiem-goes-drm-free/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's written by a Brit

Pat Mills is British, and completely off his rocker.

The next issue was supposed to come out sometime this year, right?

Any news on that?

Uncle Pat is less full on libertarian and more strongly anti-authoritarian. This is mild compared to some of the stuff he put out in the 90s

>Wrote girls comics for years
>Pushed for more women staffers in the 70s
>Deliberately wrote Charley's War as a "girls comic" and made it one of the roughest, most anti-authority british war comics ever sold to children
>Created 2000AD and developed Judge Dredd
>Created Ro-Busters to piss on the dehumanization of seemingly disposable labor by capitalist enterprises
>Created Sláine with his then-wife to full-on showcase celtic paganism and goddess worship
>Created Nemesis The Warlock to take the piss off his catholic upbringing, white supremacists and authority figures
>Co-wrote Finn with actual witch dude Tony Skinner and was invited to rituals
>Aggressively defends creators and main developers rights
>Had launch parties for Requiem with Oliver Ledroit and him emerging from caskets surrounded by Requiem and Claudia cosplayers in a nightclub built on an abandoned chapel
>Recently gave a lecture on comics and fascism in a Marxist festival
>Wrote Punisher 2099 ("I don't need a jetpack, all I need is HATE!")

Modern comic creators wish they could be half as woke as Pat "Fuck You, Pay Me" Mills.

Man, I wish Ledroit did more stuff.

Also pity UbiSoft never took all of his art and incorporated it into Heroes of Might and Magic V. Only things there are the portraits of the heroes themselves.

Ubisoft seems dead-set on ruining the HoMM franchise anyway so nothing of value is lost in the long run.

>dead-set on ruining the HoMM franchise
For what reason? At least Dark Messiah and Clash of Heroes were actually good. The latter especially.

It's fucking awesome. I love how he slams Mother Teressa.

This comic is one of the wildest rides in comic history, it's right up there with Metabarons

yes, it came out last month. It was in the Win-o thread, I storytimed it too.

ah. found it

Requiem Vampire Knight - Blood Bath Vol. 10 (2017) (digital) (Minutemen-The Undead)
www98.zippyshare.com/v/CMpCXjHI/file.html

Sabre Eretica best character
Post Sabre

>>Had launch parties for Requiem with Oliver Ledroit and him emerging from caskets surrounded by Requiem and Claudia cosplayers in a nightclub built on an abandoned chapel
holy fuck....I so need to go to one of these. This would be my dream come true
just buy his art books. He's an artist first and a comic artist second

Oh yeah, I forgot:
>Beat everyone to the anti-capitalist environmentalist punch with Flesh, like 13 years before going green became fashionable

What I love about the Mother Teresa stuff is that he goes about it in the most comic book of ways, with the whole "reincarnated into a pirate vampire" thing, while also quoting her verbatim just so there's no doubt.

He talks about it in his book, about how France is one of the last bastions of "comic book rock and roll". Also mentions that they had a casting for an official Claudia Vampire Knight model, and the winner ended up getting a bit too much into character.

>He talks about it in his book, about how France is one of the last bastions of "comic book rock and roll".

He's completely right. France has the most diverse comic book industry, it spans everything and I even hear the manga from there is superior to japanese manga.

> Also mentions that they had a casting for an official Claudia Vampire Knight model, and the winner ended up getting a bit too much into character.
jesus...that's fucking hot. Never had a chance to go to the BIG masquerades/sex parties but gone to a few fetish parties and have been mostly under control. Every once in a while you see something that you are not sure if everyone is ok with, but talking to them they always have been. People really let go oh inhibitions in these things

holy shit a good thread on Sup Forums, first time in about a month

quick, what did you think of the Apocalyspe Squad, or current prog in general

No, I meant volume 12.

>The long-anticipated volume 12 is due for French publication at the end of 2017, and we are hoping for a same day, English language digital release. We’ll then round off the series with volume 13 in the not too distant future…

millsverse.com/byte-me-requiem-goes-drm-free/

oh wow, putting out these last three in quick succession. That's awesome. Hopefully a nice hardcover omni, even better an Absolute will come out soon after that. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while but other things were jumping in front of my to buy cue. Now I will wait and just get it when it's fully collected

Apocalypse Squad was cool, loved the art and loved seeing Dredd being a bit touchy-feely. Still think it should've ended with Hershey finding out about the whole deal and going "I was there too you drokks".
Prog was good, tho' Greysuit felt a bit meh and rushed in parts. Like Mills just burning through it to make it end. Still, dialogue was fun and action was OK.
Really looking forward to this week's jump-on.

The run up to a jump on prog is often a bit weak. Shame because they've been having a good run recently. Hopefully things will pick up again with prog 2050

>at least these games from 11 years and 6 years ago were good

11 had been out for five years, it just hadn't been translated it until recently

oh, took them a while to get around to that then. Well, I'll still be glad to have it finally all done and hopefully collected

I'd love an over-sized hardcover complete collection of Requiem.

Was Claudia Vampire Knight ever finished? I thought it was alright, but without Ledroit artwork I just didn't love it as much.

no, it's not. And a lot of it still hasn't been translated to english yet. It's not as good without Ledroit but I find it a little more fun at the loss of some of the darker notes. I like it

An Apocalypse Squad reunion party? That should be a jolly time!

Jesus Christ in Heaven finally.
I started collecting with volume 1. Its been more than a decade+ now.

>Created Ro-Busters to piss on the dehumanization of seemingly disposable labor by capitalist enterprises
Fucking preach it.

anyone got a link I can DL?

Apocalypse Squad ended very abruptly and Dredd's rationale felt hollow, which was maybe the point because you know he's as serious about it as he is about everything: he's not being false but the entire scenario rings false.

I enjoy the Alienist even if it's kinda Gordon_Rennie.txt, albeit he's got a co-writer on this and being Gordon_Rennie.txt isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I hate Greysuit, can't stand it, let it die forever.

The art in the Future Shock was sick but Rory McConville is a writer I don't get the praise for. To me his stuff feels very derivative, the landing doesn't hit and I don't feel the character's actions strongly. I guess I'll see what his Devlin Waugh is like and maybe that'll swing me because boy do I sure fucking love Devlin Waugh and he's only had like, 3 maybe good stories ever?

I don't hate Hope but it's kind of a nonentity for me, I legit had to think for a minute to remember the last strip was that.

>the dialogue screams libertarian neckbeard
Post examples so I can tell you to fuck off?

Is he a fucking commie? If so, how can he be anti-authoritarian AND a Marxist at the same time?
I wanted to get into his work, but I don't want to read heavy political commentary, and sure as hell I don't want to read Marxist propaganda.

>Created 2000AD and developed Judge Dredd

>Wrote Punisher 2099 ("I don't need a jetpack, all I need is HATE!")

Just for this he deserves to be called a master.

Nah, he's more of a general anti-authority guy. The lecture was more about portrayals of fascism in comics. So don't worry, no overt marxist propaganda.
Sure is a ton of worker-class, environment, anti-establishment, anti-organized religion, anti-capitalist, anti-racist, feminist, paganist, naturist propaganda tho'. But boy can he make it all a ton of fun to read.

>Missing out on Mills glorious insanity because he might have a different opinion from you.

Your loss.

> Leaving out Marshal Law

For shame judge user! For shame!

I want to defend myself by saying the guy's career is just too long and storied... but yeah, I have dishonored my family.

kek

the fucking state of Sup Forumstards

You've forgotten the gimp mask of your father.

I don't know man, feminism in itself is a pretty cancerous collectivist ideology, I also have problems with organized religions and recognize that capitalism is not perfect, I guess that through the lens of the time in which he created those comics it could be an even more entertaining read, but nowadays leftism in entertainment is incredibly lame and comply with authoritarian rethoric. I hope that you are right though, Requiem looks incredibly dope, i'll take your words in consideration.

I don't have a problem with people who have a different opinion from mine, I deeply hate communism but I still have a communist friend, but propaganda is on a whole different level, I am also able to read propaganda from the past to see what people thought at the time, it can be interesting or even funny to see the silly things they could be able to come up with, but i've had my fair share of Marxist propaganda these recent years and it's cancer, I grew tired of it.

Please don't read Pat Mills.

you are confusing the state of feminism and left politics today with what they were twenty years ago. It's only been a recent thing that the left and feminist have gone crazy. I would love to hear him rally against it now, but I'm pretty sure he's still a lefty, just one that hates the far left and constant identity politics that is today's left. Like me

Hey, fuck you too, I just want to read something fun, I'm into politics, I don't want to deal with this shit in my entertainment.

Proof is in the pudding. Give it a try and see what you think. And if you like it, check out Sláine, Nemesis the Warlock, ABC Warriors, Marshal Law and errything else. They're damn good comics, and even at his absolute preachiest, you never get the feeling that Mills is being cynical about it. Like, these are all things he genuinely believes and wants to talk about in his own, very unique way. They're comics with a proper authorial voice, and that alone to me makes them worthwhile regardless of wether you agree or not.

No dude, I'm serious. I really hate the thought of a thin-skinned faggot like you enjoying Mills - or worse, posting some retarded shit about him here on Sup Forums.

Don't read him, for both of us. Don't read Slaine. Don't read Nemesis the Warlock. Don't read the ABC Warriors. Don't read Punisher 2099. Don't read Flesh. Don't read Requiem Chevalier Knight. Don't even read Charley's War, especially not the cool deserter arc with the French foreign legion.

Just go about your Mills-less life, it'll be fine.

I preordered the upcoming instalment of this years ago on Amazon, am I still gonna get it?

Its coming out 19th October according to Amazon.

>it's just some of the dialogue that screams libertarian neckbeard

You should check his Sha comic he made in the 90s. He did it with the same artist as Requiem. It was an extremely feminist comic, even going as far as to call men "oddly shaped clitoris"

you, I like you

What's the name of his art book?

That's more convincing, thank you.
The only problem is that Requiem isn't currently available in my country, I wanted to start with Marshall Law.

Very argumentative, yeah, like I said, fuck you, choke on a cock and die or wathever you do in your free time.
I love British and/or irreverent comic books, I've already read some Dredd, Alan Moore, Zombo, Lobo and the likes.

Is the Claudia spin-off worth tracking down?

The smell of an absent father figure in his young life is as fragrant as a rotting carcass in the sun. Besides, he'd be eaten alive for some of his portrayals of women, and fatties from Judge Dread would make many modern feminist obesity enablers screech.

Having said my peace above I still greatly enjoy his works. He's a bit like Paul Verhoeven if they're more subtle than pic related in this
they often fail miserably in ridiculing what they hate and actually make more valid points than actual proponents of these supposedly criticised ideologies. Mills is no dullard, he's just misguided. I think at his worst he's more worth debating than most of our modern oportunist commie cunts. Besides worker class, anti-establishment, anti-capitalist, paganit enviromentalism basically describes so many neo-nazis, fascists and nationalits it's not even funny. If he knew how many of them were raised on his works he'd get a fucking stroke.

How do you handle irreverence when you cry like a little bitch at a variety of buzzwords even on an anonymous imageboard?

Zombo is like Mills' weak piss, you faggot. I am so sick of people like you getting so fucking #triggered at any opinion you think might - just might - sit outside your own. You don't even understand the things you whine about.

Christ, just read a fucking comic to see if you'll like it.

if you can find it digitally. Tracking down old Heavy Metal issues is a pain.
he's got a few out there. Honestly, the easiest way I found them is on e-hentai. Just look up Ledroit and you will find all his art books there

>If he knew how many of them were raised on his works he'd get a fucking stroke.
he'd probably laugh at them for being so dumb as to not realize Judge Dredd is satire

m8 I can't handle your blinkers on trying to analyse Mills as some kind of misguided kindly old man who would surely come around to whatever right-wing ideology you subscribe to if he had but eyes to see.

That Torquemada page is fucking great. Any Neo-Nazis that got "raised" on Mills' stuff probably got the shit kicked out of them in school.

Everyone and their mother realises that Dredd is a satire. Satire can backfire if you catch my rhyme. Jonathan Bowden, a nationalist, wrote a book "Pulp Fascism: Right-Wing Themes in Comics, Graphic Novels, and Popular Literature". It's an interesting take and he, of course, fully acknowledges intentions of the authors.

I'd really like to read up about that person who got a bit too much into character when doing the casting for the model. Is that book up there?

>Lobo
Shit man, get some Sláine: Horned God in you. Classic Mills, very new reader friendly, and has dat gorgeous fully painted Simon Bisley art. Super easy to find, too. It's recently been reprinted for like two pounds on the new 2000AD collection from Hachette. Good shit.

I think Mills is fully aware of that, which is why characters like Torquemada work so well: because he's completely irredeemable and more often than not cartoonish in his evilness. With someone like Wagner/Grant's Dredd, dumbasses can argue that "Hey, at least they keep the citizens alive!" (without ever worrying wether such a life is worth living). Torque, meanwhile, has nothing redeemable about him. And even when the strip tries to put him on equal footing with Nemesis, it's not by making him more heroic or relatable but by making Nemesis more villainous,

I just flipped through them.

Christ almighty, can someone get this guy on an Artemis Fowl graphic novel?

Stop crying, you gobshite. He's misguided because his ideological stances make no logical sense and are socially destructive. He wouldn't come around, not many people do. Such is the nature of ideologies, they're based on emotions in all people apart from maybe few intellectuals.

That Torquemada page is hamfisted and primitive, he does better on regular basis. And judging from your internet barking you might've been bullied at school so don't project your problems onto others.

Nah, the book is an actual prose memoir. It's a bit scattershot and oddball at times but it's still a great reading and a great insight into his mindset.
I got the audiobook because after the Future Shock documentary, I could seriously spend hours listening to Uncle Pat talking shit about shitty 70s british comics.

jesus you're so far up your ass hufing your own farts

The user you're talking to probably would literally agree Torquemada is the good guy though.

I am the triggered one and still the stupid cocksucker who is so butthurt to go on a rant on a taiwanese cartoon anonymus board is you, you are the kind of faggot who screech like an autistic bitch because someone posted an anime or pepe reaction pic.
I just wanted to know if Mills was a preachy lame fag like many others in the comic book industry or if he was worth my time.

Unironically kill yourself, cunt, and stop crying like a little sissy bitch who was touched by daddy.

If that's the case, I'd strongly suggest he take up boxing because he'll go places with a reach that long.

The Torquemada page is fucking lit, it's a perfect skewering of small-minded racism among the fascist galactic empire Torque leads. Because he *is* small-minded: Be Pure, Be Vigilant, *Behave*

You are the guy taking the author's opinions inseparably user, even though this is the guy who wrote both Finn and the arch-feminist ghoul pirates in Requiem. If you read Mills and let yourself get taken out by "Well hmmm clearly his politics are wrong and mine are far superior, BUT" then you don't deserve to read Mills. You sure won't be getting out of it what you could be - even just in terms of pure craft.

just please don't bother with him, you'd probably get offended by something or other and whine about it

You do sound extremely triggered though.

which one did you go through? I personally really love his faerie book, yeah fuck you, I know this is a thread about over the top evilness and violence and vitriol, but Ledroit can so some brilliant work with beauty too.

Oi, mong, don't you dare strawman me that hard. This is why I don't like Nemesis, zero wiggle room. Mills is not exactly subtle, but he's mostly a creative force to be reckoned with. Nemesis is just very low-brow. It can be enjoyed but it's not for me.

Do I need to like everything he does? No I don't. I enjoy his comics for what they are. His views don't phase me because why should they if they're packaged rather neatly and creatively? I don't have to agree with him if his works are exemplary. I probably read more purely ideological books of people I vehemently don't agree with than of people I do. Funny books written by a leftie don't bother me unless they're preachy nonsensical joyless garbage like most of modern Marvel.

I skimmed through all of them. This guy must be a legend in France.

Yeah, copiously modelling Victoriana on real-world references just screams low-brow. Nemesis is probably in the top 10 British comics ever made. Probably top 10 "comics by British creators" even.

I only liked the first miniseries of Marshal Law. Wat do. The rest is unreadable.

Fair, but "zero wiggle room" is exactly why I love Nemesis and Torquemada in particular: because you can't deny its satirical edge. It's not like Dredd, especially modern Dredd, where judges can be heroes or villains depending on the story. Torquemada is just a villain. Seeing him plunder new depths of petty, dickish, egocentric, vindictive villainy is half the fun of Nemesis. Every time you think "Ok, this'll be the moment that finally humanizes him", he just turns into more and more of a bastard. And despite being such a cartoonish fuck, Mills still takes great care to write Torque as charismatic, manipulative and deviously smart enough to never stop being menacing.
Torque is the kind of villain I really wish we could see more of in comics, and Nemesis in general is a wonderful catharsis after years of moral ambiguity and half-heartedly sympathetic antagonists.

While that is all true I already said it can be enjoyed. I prefer cartoony villains in more, well, cartoony and less grotesque comic books. In Requiem everyone's a fucking dick and I really enjoy that series with its elaborate art and bonkers dialogues but there is still some of that wiggle room I mentioned. I won't deny some of my personal bias comes into play, why would I, but such is the nature of taste. Fuck you gonna do, eh? We can all admit the guys a worthwhile artist whether one agrees with him or not.

Gotcher, bruv. It's all good comics.

The Manhattan one and the Public Eye were good too

I love painted art in comics. And while over the top everything is, there is a point to it all. There is a reason Mother Teressa is a pirate ghoul. Hell, there are some people on /tg/ who started making a setting out of it.

Thing is Requiem talks about being PURE EVIL all the time but he still believes in honour, chivalry and love. The dude is one step away from redemption.

Yes, anyone can appreciate how utterly mad this all is. Black Moon Chronicles by the same artist are also excellent.

Yeah, there's nueance which makes for mor interesting storytelling.

That T-Rex gets me every time

how many volumes is going to be?

well i hope it gets a nice big omnibus collection in english when its finished

>and fatties from Judge Dread would make many modern feminist obesity enablers screech.

Good.

Could Requiem possibly be the most metal comic ever made?

I feel like Heavy Metal as a publisher is too inconsistent/unreliable when it comes to collections. I'm willing to bet either Humanoids or Titan will put out full collections when it's done.

> Tfw Dark Horse cancelled it's complete collection of RanXerox

is there one big story line over all the Volumes?? as in will the last volume be a definite conclusion to the series? or is it mainly stand alone?

yes

Nobody does edge like the Europeans, and I say that as the highest possible praise.

Is Panini the way to go for this series?

I was trying to think of the most black metal comic and this is like 1349 black metal shit. Love it.

Still trying to think of a comic that is bleak like Xasthur though