"The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa...

>"The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa. Unfort[unately], not many retain that generous sentiment for long." ― Letter 61 — Written to Christopher Tolkien who was stationed in South Africa during World War II

>"I have the hatred of apartheid in my bones; and most of all I detest the segregation or separation of Language and Literature. I do not care which of them you think White." ― From a Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford in 1959

>"I must say that the enclosed letter from Rutten & Loening is a bit stiff. Do I suffer this impertinence because of the possession of a German name, or do their lunatic laws require a certificate of arisch origin from all persons of all countries? ... Personally I should be inclined to refuse to give any Bestätigung (although it happens that I can), and let a German translation go hang. In any case I should object strongly to any such declaration appearing in print. I do not regard the (probable) absence of all Jewish blood as necessarily honourable; and I have many Jewish friends, and should regret giving any colour to the notion that I subscribed to the wholly pernicious and unscientific race-doctrine." ― Letter 29 — In response to Tolkien's German publishers asking whether he was of Aryan origin

>"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil at heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace." ― The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v6QNv_ig5V8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. ― Letter 30 — An unsent letter to Tolkien's German publishers in which he notes that "Aryan" is a linguistic term.

>stealing a post from seven hours ago and trying to make an entire thread about it
nobody cares, retard

That post was pasta too buddy.

>While perhaps not strictly speaking deutsch I am most certainly a douche ― Letter 27 — concerning near homonyms and his ancestry...

>"And did I ever mention that Gandalf was gay? He was you know, from a certain point of view. He was a good friend."

>grew up in a time where whites didn't interact with black people
>thinks maybe it would be nice if they did

History has shown his belief to be one borne of ignorance. You can't hold that against him.

He knew that Britons with no experience of "colour" had generous sentiments, which they quickly lost on actually having to deal with it, yet failed to make the obvious connection. How embarassing.

He did prefer to let his thoughts wander fantasy realms than to keep them fixed on reality.

Sup Forumstards on suicide watch

Yes yes, you've proven Tolkien wasn't a Sup Forumstier racist. Congrats.

Still with that said, the forced inclusion of peoples of color in his or other authors works where none were implied or existed in any form previously is still by nature a disservice to both races. For whites it removes the ability to maintain a distinctly European cultural narrative and for non-whites it iterated the idea that they cannot create characters of fantasy of their own without piggy-backing off the backs of other white-authors. An idea which in itself is actually more racist than lack of inclusion.

White-washing is Hollywood tactic designed to cheaply appeal to minorities without taking the risk to innovate or promote self reliance, because that would take some effort.

Strong argument. Why do I post here anymore?

>anglo is anglo
stop the presses!

i love this meme

why does Sup Forums have such a raging inferiority complex about Sup Forums?

But it's supposed to be an allegory for whites against the evil niggers! and Tolkien loved allegory!

It's just shitposting nigga
Just open your butt cheecks and take it

might as well be

Honestly I don't know how it got this way. I use to post on Sup Forums frequently two years ago and shit was nothing like this. It was a fairly intelligent place that, while still had some friendly bantz, you could actually hold a fucking conversation with another person about a topic and exchange ideas like a civilized fucking human being. I even remember I started spending way more time their than on Sup Forums because I was receiving genuinely better written and more intelligent posts.

Then I stopped posting one spring after going on vacation and then I come back a year and half later and its all autistic goblino memes and shitposts. Holy fuck, its like when European explorers visited Easter Island, found a flourishing civilization and then came four years later to find the natives had reverted to cannibalism.

Every action there's a reaction
With the advent of the 2016 election, and Sup Forums spreading their legs to newfags from other places, which lead to the destruction of the site, it was only a matter of time before Sup Forumstards became number one object of bully and shitposting

I suspected as much but could never confirm it really. I wonder what Sup Forums's life span is with Sup Forums getting more popular. Jap m00t has already state numerous times that the site has become and bitch to maintain financially. I don't think a massive community of shitposting stormfags is gonna make it better.

I mean, its not like this fucking place is surviving on donations, servers have to be paid for. Yet as more people come here and more servers need to be added. At the same time no advertiser or investor wants to touch this place with a fifty foot pole (ironically because of Sup Forums). Sometime I feel like Sup Forums is one or two major scandals or legal incidents away from being put out of its misery.

attention brown people of Sup Forums stop pretending to be white racists

its literally Sup Forums diaspora
and turkish blacked posters

I know what you mean. People like to think this place is immortal, but Sup Forums will die. Probably fucking soon the way things are going.

you Sup Forums niggers shit up every board and you have nothing worthwhile to say, its just spam. at least with Sup Forumstards you can learn something, some FBI statistic they pull out of their ass or some historical fact about Jews. I don't even know what the point of Sup Forums is. what do you even talk about?

All sorts of things
It was there that I learned that some people stand up to wipe their asses after they defecate

That picture makes me ill. And I'm from Sup Forums.

and that german men sit on the shitter to piss bc they're cucks

I would always do that when I used to actually wipe after shitting.

I literally did this until I was 23, saw it on Sup Forums and changed my ways. Changed my fucking life.

Quiet you! Libtards don't realize there is a two-headed beast that terrorizes Sup Forums. Sup Forums and Sup Forums are the names of the beast's two heads and they are forever warring with one another.

Fake and gay.

>I can't be a racist because i've got jewish friends
Thats a pretty weak ass argument, just sayin.

Sup Forums taught me that Argentina isnt white. Also Mexicans speak garbage spanish

>70-year-old hillbilly uncle now speaks in memes and says "top kek"
jesus fucking christ what I'd pay to see that.

>having hands so tiny you can slide them under your body

You gotta lift a bit but not stand

Here you go
youtu.be/v6QNv_ig5V8
This is most of Sup Forums in 30+ years

absolutely BASED

hahahahhahahahahaha
i literally started this meme on the first day of Sup Forums, it was like post #64, direct transcription of the antifa Letters