ITT Movies that have aged poorly

ITT Movies that have aged poorly

Pic related, only the action scenes still stand the test of time. The sci-fi elements, dialogue and even the special fx feel very dated now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rvktu_7awSQ?t=55
youtu.be/FRvxzdkj_YI
youtube.com/watch?v=jiHm2S0w3_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=EOnSh3QlpbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIU0RMV_II8
youtube.com/watch?v=NcG-rjoYiMo
youtube.com/watch?v=GYL28a0LM_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No they dont

Wrong, the biggest strength of the film are the two villains, Cypher and Smith. Every scene with either of them is great

I've rewatched this film over 60 times in the last 19 years. It's fucking incredible.

To be fair, most of those scenes are the action/suspense scenes, which I agree are still entertaining
I can understand appreciating the movie as an allegory, but I can't take it seriously as a science fiction. The idea of the Matrix and the human pods is completely retarded

What is it with 90s born queers and their obsession with wanting things to always seem like they were made yesterday?

this film has aged very well. not even the 90s setting feels dated, because it makes sense that the machines would keep the simulation on the cusp of when AI was invented. The only really dated CGI is the sentinels, but it's still pretty well done artistically compared to something you would see in some capeshit movie nowadays, so it really doesn't matter at all.

pleb

Wrong. I like plenty of older movies, but some movies just age poorly.

>only the action scenes still stand the test of time.

And? The lobby shootout is still one of the best action shootouts of all time, right up there with the freeway run and gun in Heat.

I disagree.

Kill yourself you little faggot.

Excellent arguments, friends, I will definitely consider them.

Go back to redd it cock smoker.

Damn, you're really upset that I didn't enjoy your little action flick. I think you've got a lot of growing up to do, buddy.

Trollface.jpg

>machines can build simulation of reality and grow humans
>cant build a nuclear reactor
>humans somehow at a advantage by blocking out the sun

people who take the themes of this movie beyond just harmless fantasy fun never cease to make me feel good about myself

this movie has aged extremely well

Redditry

The Matrix aged wel--

youtu.be/Rvktu_7awSQ?t=55

yeah, and somehow the earth's core has completely cooled? literally just turn your brain off

That's my main problem with it. If you spend more than 5 seconds thinking about the premise critically, it completely falls apart. It's just a cool action flick with dated CGI and a retarded sci-fi premise. I can't understand why it's so universally praised, but I'm guessing it's just nostalgia.

your technical semantics have nothing to do with the themes though

>anything I don't like is reddit

Kek too bad you werent around for anything good.

>le black science man said science FICTION must be always true to reality, um sweety we don't have spaceships

It aged horribly

The kung fu was only ever the good thing about The Matrix. Everything else was always retarded.

If you unironically think that only your generation had a good childhood, you're a total retard. And this is coming from a 90s kid.

I literally saw it again last week and it was damn fine

For me its the teahouse duel. No gimmicky "bullet time" CGI, no fast cuts to compensate for actors who can't be arsed to properly learn a fight scene, great choreography. It is dare I say it kino

youtu.be/FRvxzdkj_YI

the fashion has aged

everything else is iconic it hasnt aged a day

Have you started shaving yet, OP?

It's a metaphor for todays society. If you knew how the world works you'd notice in an instance. Watch this for more info:
youtube.com/watch?v=jiHm2S0w3_Q

Yeah, I get that it's supposed to be an allegory. I just don't think that it's very insightful or interesting one.

I think everyone besides people born in the 90s had their own good stuff and the good stuff of everyone who came before them.

I loved those 2 games.

The fashion is one of the iconic things dumb fuck.

If you really want to have an discussion answer the the post with arguments

The action scenes make me laugh. I get that they are breaking the laws of physics but it just looks silly. I don't think the problem is that it doesn't hold up with time, just that it doesn't hold up on a rewatch.

the machines want to keep humanity alive without having to fight it
humans acted like maniacs and nearly destroyed the whole planet just to fuck the machines

no, wrong, incorrect

youtube.com/watch?v=EOnSh3QlpbQ
your mom

If you're attempting to take the premise literally, there are a shit ton of plot holes I can think of. Off the top of my head, if the Matrix is a simulation controlled by the AI, why do they make the simulation so disadvantageous to them? Like, why do they assume the form of FBI agents? Why not super efficient killing robots instead? Actually, why assume a form at all? Just use "deja vu" magic to put a bomb inside Neo's brain.
The movie only remotely works as a metaphor, and even then it's just not that good.

you shouldn't be watching it as hard sci fi 2001 style. its a metaphor with an esoteric message, the names used for characters are only superficial or meant to be a reference to a concept

its not a metaphor for "todays society". its not about politics. its about gnostic esotercism. Neo acheives Gnosis and realizes reality is an imitation. the Machines are standins for the Archons, they keep the world sated by offering a combination of misery and feeling of genuine accomplishment with their regular lives, something cypher decides is better then reality.

How does it feel to be so wrong, OP? The best parts of The Matrix are the characters, tone, setting, story, and yes the action. The Wachowski Trannies perfectly hid their lazy allegorical horseshit in this first one under all of those things (can't say the same for the sequels). The first one draws you in immediately, dangles a mystery in front of you, throws in a fun training montage, quickly ups the stakes, makes you root for the bad guy somewhat (Cypher), caps it off with a breakneck action sequence, and is continually punctuated by a great score. It holds up.

>timeless plato philosophy
>comic book successfully transferred to big screen
>accurate social commentary
>still relevant today
>forever kino

>The idea of the Matrix and the human pods is completely retarded

nah its honestly still really compelling. terrifying even.

Maybe it's because anything the machines code into the Matrix can theoretically be hacked and accessed by the humans? If you had killer robots with laser beams and shit like the sentinels, the humans could just spawn similar gear and fight back with it.

Going by your logic, the humans are disadvantaging themselves too. Why would they play by the rules and enter the Matrix with rifles and handguns instead of just hacking in a laser pointer that deletes everything it looks at? If the system doesn't allow OP stuff like that in the first place, then enemies of the system can't get access to it either.

Yes, I admit that I was wrong when I said it aged poorly. I just rewatched The Matrix and I was disappointed that it wasn't nearly as good as I remember it being when I first watched it over a decade ago. It's just not for me.

The faggot op has long since fled the thread.

>>cant build a nuclear reactor
In Matrix 1, Morpheus says that they use human body heat "combined with a form of fusion" and it gives them all the energy they would ever need

I'm still here. You got something to say to me, faggot?

Why havent you killed yourself yet? 90s born human garbage.

>why not super efficient killing robots
I agree that the movie is best taken as a metaphor and can fall apart under scrutiny, but this example in particular has an easy answer: assuming killer robots would ruin the immersion for the other people who are plugged into the matrix.

I hope you realize that posts like this don't hurt my feelings. It just makes me laugh at how salty and petty you are.

And physics breaking kung fu fights don't break the immersion?

Its not supposed to. I just really wish you were dead.

Okay then. Same to you, friend.

I never claimed that there aren't any plotholes or the movie has to be taken literally. How did you get the idea that I actually think this? Besides that, why would they want to stop Neo when they need him to restart the cycle?

>why would they want to stop Neo when they need him to restart the cycle?
Is this from the sequels? When did they say they needed Neo?

>Action scenes still stand the test of time
>Special fx feel very dated
You just contradicted yourself because those are the same scenes.

Some of the special FX in that movie are so good you didn't know it was there until you watch the making of features on the DVD.

The Matrix completely changed movie making in 1999. Nothing has been as big of an influence since.

Agreed. I meant to say "CGI" instead of "special fx".

Probably because you are projecting yourself onto user and you hate yourself, so actually wish you were dead.

fuck you the dialogue is literally the best part. mikey i think he likes it, morpheus is fighting neo, tastee wheat, stop trying to hit me and hit me

Did you ever think there was much more to the matrix then the action scenes?
Also, the scene where Neo wakes up in the tank is still good, it's just that you already know what's happening.

I hate faggot 90s born scum who take issue with everything that came out before 2007.

Okay, but I'm OP and I was born in the 80s and I enjoy a lot of things that came out before 2007. You don't hate me, you hate an imaginary caricature that only exists in your mind.

they do, its how a lot of the redpills end up becoming redpills

Neo is basically an /x/ poster who was looking at shit that had fucked up in the system that gets recognized by the inhabitants as demons or conspiracy theories.

Yes, try to understand the things before you start criticizing them.

Oh they could it's just they hate us but also want to keep us around.

>Rage against the Machine
>That trance song used during the lady in the red dress scene
>POD
This movie & Tony Hawks 2 was the best preteen boys soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIU0RMV_II8

the matrix is explicitly stated to run in conjunction with Fusion but ok

>humans somehow at a advantage by blocking out the sun

they weren't, they block out the sun as a suicide pact and knew they couldn't win militarily so they prevent the machines from being able to leave the planet and cut off renewable energy so the machines will eventually die as well.

How old are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=NcG-rjoYiMo

Between 28 and 38 years old

Bait

Fucking coward

>Tfw they were originally gonna use human brains for computing, but thought the audience wouldn't understand so they went with fucking power

youtube.com/watch?v=GYL28a0LM_A
Still great, very relatable

>entire core premise of the story ruined and made nonsensical by tech-illiterate focus group retards
>original treatment had machines growing humans, not for energy output, but for distributed computing power
>matrix was designed to create a giant, organic super computer of networked human brains
>y2k era people cant understand concept
>explanation rewritten in preproduction
>get duracell commercial instead

Fucking goddamn mainstream popcorn munching troglodytes

No, it's still as good the day it came out.
I know cuz I'm that old

Name any movie that comes close to the originality of the matrix in the past century. There is none, to this day, it remains one of a kind, it changed the standards of action and set the trends for years after its release, probably even till now. You must be seeking attention or have no eyes lol but fuck it everyone always loves a matrix thread. This is the only thing that ever came close to star wars in terms of original concept, sci-fi icon, and game changer in the film industry, but you probably think that's aged poorly too.

>outdated movies

Caddyshack

What kind of crazy bitch steals the ice cube trays out of the freezer?

>machines
>die
>fusion energy

you do know fusion energy is basically micro sun technology literally a billion times more effective than nuclear?

literally nothing wrong with that video

>originality
how can you say this with a straight face
its imagination is si-fi movie tier and names everything after popular religious figures

OK, so name one other sci-fi movie that names everything after popular religious figures.

... literally all of them

even terminator

Thats right, youve got nothing faggot, nothing.

dune
star trek the motion picture
STAR WARS
terminator

and anything with a fictional space religion

putting religious themes in your fiction is the laziest shit ever especially in the matrix case where they only bothered to make neo's name slightly hidden and just called everyone else by their fucking metaphorical archatype name
wow so fucking deep

Nothing

how is that a good thing?
does it make it easier for morons like you to grasp the metaphors?

Ah yes who could forget the wise teachings of the famous Talmudic figure Rabbi Series 800 Terminator Model 101.

What an epiphany, who knew that originality isn't necessarily good.

The protagonists should've been white, the agents should've been all non-whites, and the machines controlling the agents should've been other white people.