The official list of films women do not, cannot, and will not ever understand

The official list of films women do not, cannot, and will not ever understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-if-online-movie-ratings-werent-based-almost-entirely-on-what-men-think/
youtu.be/3SYWaOS0UBI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The list of flicks men will never understand.

based lads

Are women actually stupid? Like, I don't want to be misogynistic but are they actually fucking idiots?

Yes, women are children.

Post methodology.

>no shawshank redemption
>no green mile
>no road to perdition
>no braveheart
>no gladiator

DROPPED

FUCK OFF FEMANON BETA

Sorry sweety, women understand all those films. Master and Commander too.

fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-if-online-movie-ratings-werent-based-almost-entirely-on-what-men-think/

me and my mum love alot of these movies

checkmate narrative fags

pre-mum or post-mum?

I like one movie on the man list and 2 movies on the woman list. Haven't seen most on either list though tbf

replace that garbage AIDS infested platoon with Full Metal Jacket, faggot

platoon was the boy band, teen heart throb version of what a Vietnam war movie was supposed to be
fuck that faggot trash

Good thing that men can't understand a list dominated by Harry Potter, the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

is demographic for the women in the survey is under 18 years old? it looks like it

Why are most of these overrated LE CINEPHILE shit, though?

>Rashomon

no movie has ever exposed the nature of men and women's relationship more than the true story in Rashomon.

women are literally children?

ty user for the based book rec

women didn't get the /edgy/ sorta films

men didn't get women infatuation with cliche franchise/genre films

t. stacy

t. dylan

I understood Despicable Me

wow its fucking nothing

This. My mom introduced me to Kurosawa and River Kwai.

>Blade Runner 2049
GOOSED

Unironically yes. They're still capable of learning how to do shit for jobs but when it comes to hobbies and entertainment everything goes out the window. Except for cellphones.

>what if online movie ratings werent based almost entirely on what internet users think
Why aren't they cold calling houses to gain a representative sub-sample?

You gay or something?

youtu.be/3SYWaOS0UBI

Wonder what led women to have lower ratings then the men.

Also wonder how Peter fucking Jackson managed to get 3 of the top 15 movies lol. I like the LOTR trilogy but they would never crack my top 15, and I haven't even watched a lot of movies. Particularly older movies.

I would love to see New York fashion week reviews that are representative of both men and women equally. Or maybe we should just let the ratings of anything reflect those who care the most. Second option is better, movies included

Fuck women desu

I liked Edward Scissorhands.
It needed a genre shift sequel where he goes fucking nuts though.

>Disney
>Harry Potter
>Harry Potter
>Disney
>Capeshit
>Disney
>Harry Potter
>Romantic Comedy
>Hunger Games
>Harry Potter

>Also wonder how Peter fucking Jackson managed to get 3 of the top 15 movies lol
IMDB was the only movie site when those came out. Right place, right time basically

What about The Shape of Water and amphibious dildos sales?

lol why the fuck is soyrunner on this list? it's like the viewing list of a 65-75 year old man on a saturday afternoon and then Sup Forums's pleb darling movie out of nowhere. might as well have drive in its place.

Why do women have such bad taste in media? It's like they aren't even human.

It's on the list because that's how the stats worked out, dipshit.

I think it's a bunch of neckbeards rating old "manly" movies high because they're scared of looking wimpy but then couldn't hide their soy adulation for 2049.

And I think you're a faggot.

I can't sincerely imagine thinking every Harry Potter movie was actually good. I'm led to believe they didn't really source their sample size that well.

No!

Those lists would be great bait.

Hey, get that hindu shit off the list. It's bad enough I see em pop up on torrent lists sometimes.

They're just wired differently. Women are more likely to go along with trends and always factor in the opinions of others when forming their own. This is why you see utter shite like Harry Potter in the top spot

It's quite telling that the Harry Potter Sup Forums almost unanimously says is the best, Prisoner of Azkaban, isn't even on the list

Maybe 3 are Cinephile shit. You're just a massive pleb

Based

If that was true Predator would be #1

You forgot Space Cop

nah you're just a misogynist

fuck off, no 1 arnold kino is still total recall.

Someone enlighten me if I didn't understand what he wrote, but didn't he just essentially weight women's opinions much more heavily than men's because they represent a much smaller amount of the reviews? So essentially, the "Gender-corrected" list would in reality reflect female opinion much more than male?

He didn't really explain his methodology at all.

come on user, Eat Pray Love is a movie that exists

well yeah that's the idea dude, women dont write reviews on imdb, but make up more than half the box office ticket sales

>hindu shit

*tips fedora*

All movies where men fight over a woman/woman is smartest.

did I miss something or how did the author determine what reviews were female and what were male on those 4000+ movies?

This is an absolute fucking state.

If you're gonna be that obsessive over harry potter you might as well read the bible.

my mom loves the dollars trilogy though

>Rocky

I got my ex gf to watch Rocky. She hated it, and started mocking it near the end. Best was when she said

>who cares? he's obviously gonna win

Didn't say a thing and waited 'til the end to rub her face in it. Of course all she could focus on was that he lost. She didn't understand why it was a victory for him.

Your mom is a guy, sorry to break it to you.

>3 movies pre-2000
Suddenly I understand why films are so terrible now. It's women going to watch this garbage.

You think it's just movies that are suffering?

No, but that's the main topic of the thread, right?

If anything I think this just shows that women are less likely to view film as a "hobby" or actively seek out new things to watch. The vast majority of the list is post-2000 and 2 of the 3 pre-2000 movies are almost always showed to children by their parents.

If you were to rerelease some of the older movies and make a media fuss about it I'd bet the female list would be significantly different.

This thread gave me gender identity issues.

you're just a fag with no taste and culture