twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/971350292674605056
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doctor Who is dead.

reminder that dalek shakespeare

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2.5
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the third /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction, because following the success of Shit Trips 1 and 2, /who/ has started another anthology of wondrous tales. God help us.

This time, the rules will be a tad different, as in we actually have rules now. The stories must be about:

> alternate Doctors (original Doctors, fanmade Doctors, Unbound Doctors, Doctors of wild divergence from canon)

> spinoff characters from audios, books, comics, etc (Torchwood, Erimem, Faction Paradox, Vienna, Sarah Jane Adventures, Iris Wildthyme, etc)

>companion focused stories (stories with the companion facing a threat, or dealing with life, WITHOUT the Doctor)

Besides that, no limits (and your story can be in more than one category above).

>Can still be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".

>the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck

Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.

Rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin or google drive works well.) And remember to mention, preferably in your work post, what you want your author moniker to be, which doesn't have to be your real name.

Remember, it doesn’t matter if it’s shit, just have fun! Deadline is April 2nd

As a complete noob to the /who/ universe, which season should I jump into first?

S5E01, The Eleventh Hour

Start with the first episode of the 2005 revival.

>Series 1 (2005)
>Series 5 (2010)
>Series 11 (2018)
are all "starting points" where the whole show kind of reboots. I wouldn't reccomend watching the original series first, I would stick to the three above, which are the new series.
Series 1 is the best start imho, but /who/ users can tell you which episodes / whole seasons are worth skipping tbqh. Series 5 has its merits too as a starting point, and series 11 hasnt aired yet, but theyre rebooting this year in October

This guy is wrong. Series 1 Episode 1 is incredibly dated and if you have any taste you won't like it. is the patrician choice.

>try to show people Rose
>they get to the scene where Mickey gets eaten by the trash bin
>they look at me like I just spit at them

You know what, start with series 5 episode 1 like these people said, but series 6 and series 7 have their downsides. I'd reccomend watching series 5 to see if you like it. then go back to series, 1, but brace yourself for cringey cgi and an episode that has multiple fart jokes series 1 is pretty kino, but there's some cringey stuff amongst the kino

>

11 does cringey memey shit all the time

Watch the whole fucking thing

Edge needs to remember that he is a 14 percenter.

Just watch Series 1, don't listen to the others saying S5. Unless you break out into a fucking rash whenever you see dated CGI or occasional campy comedy, you'll be fine.

RTDfag.

people who can't enjoy S1 because it's "dated" are brainlets desu

I prefer Moffat, but okay.

t. RTDfag desperately trying to change the narrative

>narrative
There is no "narrative" you pretentious douchebag.
Also, I prefer moff.

Imagine not starting at the series which was designed at every facet to introduce the Doctor Who mythos to audiences because it has 2005-era CGI

While I totally get that, a lot of people cant. But I dont mind the idea of people watching newer stuff, and then watching older stuff. I saw Eccleston's season, and then a bunch of Tom Baker serials. I dont mind someone watching Whittaker's first season, and then checking out other eras. I think the problem is a lot of people cant get over plastic mickey and the slitheen fart jokes. I love campy humour, and everything about 'Rose', but i can see why people get put off

aculy i do prefer moffet to rarty dee. u think a moffchad cant like sum askpecs of rarty dee era? dum dum head

>the time between now and Series 1 is longer than the time between Series 1 and Dimensions in Time

Having problems with the actual content of S1 is acceptable I guess but rejecting it for its effects seems completely beneath Sup Forums.
>implying Sup Forums isn't worst board

I don't get it.

>STOP LIKING ANYTHING TO DO WITH RTD RREEEEEEEEEEE
autism

wehn will they stop it

Paulby City last night. Yuck. Poor Paul McGann.

Talons

What did they do to him?

why did moff get rid of the cumlens?

RTD actually supplied the cum for the lens himself every morning

Awful script, awful direction. They’re obsessed with zooming in on his face, which has aged in three months. He looks quite unwell compared to his first episode.

guess the episode

im guessing talons of weng chiang

post more of these

Correct. More frames?

The Doctor is hiding in this painting. I won't tell you his/her incarnation. It's not even that hard.
i.imgur.com/shrgAqT.jpg

>unironically posting an imgur link to a single image
fuck offerino

I still recommend Rose as a jumping on point to people because of this.
If they can survive plastic Mickey and all that entails on their very first episode of Doctor Who, then they can likely get past the shows (numerous) low points once they're more familiar with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ton8CUpIL4w

Where can I find dr who or sci fi forums from 2005? I want to see what whovians had to say about the show, about the organic tardis, about the shop window dummies appearing in episode 1, all that stuff. when it was still fresh, from the perspective of a fan of the original series. Like, when filming was happening, were people freaking out when the shop window dummies were spotted in Cardiff?

You understand file size limits?

you understand how to export an image to reduce the file size?

twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/971284851679735808
Didn't he go spaztic over someone smoking before?

>mcgann
>aged
this... this can't be true

He flipped out at Franz Drameh for tweeting about smoking weed, IIRC.

What do you want the Jodie TARDIS to look like?

cream with black accents

welcome to Nilso

A kitchen.

NILSO NILSO NILSO NILSO

ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS NILSO

Meme answer: A cluttered shed full of trinkets, gadgets and mementos reminiscent of Adult Life Skills
Serious answer: Something warm, homely and welcoming and which is highly personalised to suit Thirteen's personality. I loved the bookcases and chalkboards in Twelve's TARDIS interior. I'd also like Thirteen's interior to be brighter to contrast with Twelve's.

t. Luna

Could anyone ID a font for "HOME" in this image?

Times New Nilso

Sans Nilso

Comic Nilso

/who/ a fucking shit

Times New Roman [Bold]

I want it to be the like the ALS shed
I expect it to be warm and smooth - no grit like the coral days, but still maintaining some kind of curvy aesthetic

almost like pic related but only white/yellow, and lighting is used so that all the surfaces have a gradient of sorts and there's no flat white

thank you

It’s true. McGann looks ill and like he hasn’t seen the inside of a gym since he started Holby. It was stupid signing upto such an intensive filming schedule desu - Capaldi found it hellish.

Getting thinner, then?

>Father Time finally starting to catch up with McGann
>loss of the floof makes Capal look about ten years older
>Matt getting hit hard by the ageing stick

It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment; like breath on a mirror.

Yeah he’s starting to look skeletol :-(. Do hope he isn’t ill.

Whatever happened to that guy who thought everyone on Sup Forums was Jason Levy?

Something's not right with this picture.

Not enough Wirrn

Is this good at all?
t. user with 0 art degrees

what are you parodying?

I'm not really parodying anything, just tried to make a mockup of a Criterion release of Heaven Sent.
Didn't use the same picture as the VNA one on purpose though lol

I mean you could've had the Heaven Sent centered, placed in the center, and have Capaldi a bit to the left so that it aligns well with the now-centered Heaven Sent

oh no no no don't even suggest that. no.
be well, paul :(

Why do people hate the Sylvester era logo

twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/971350292674605056
Whelan is dying. Or just fat

what gender is this

>upscaling broadcast tape
And into the trash it goes

He said he "lost a lot of respect for Capaldi" when he saw a picture of him with a cigarette with the caption "Peter Capaldi watching his first performance in Deep Breath, 2014" or something. The picture was actually from Skins, it wasn't even real.

>First story with a new companion
>No new companion on the cover
OTOH they stuffed Hannah outside of covers too.
And I love all the colours there, very aprly 80s

Modern BF is so uninspired

oh no no no no no

Why is he holding a leek? Is he going to go Miku on us?

>Modern BF is so uninspired
The last few main range things were very good though. They kinda meh with 7 but on a roll with 6 and 5.

Probably gonna pull a Fifth Traveller
and he's not actually real or something

DOES anyone know where I can find copies of the Eighth's Doctor's DWM comics?

Idk maybe Holby’s filming schedule is just taking its toll on Paul but he’s been getting thinner and thinner over the past year anyway.

like so?
Could be a lot better but I'm not really a graphic design person, literally made it in Word lmao

That... doesn't seem unreasonable for a 58-year-old. I think I'm just used to him looking immortal.

So weird to think that he's only a year and a half younger than Capaldi.

looks better
possibly more criterion-y

is this from last night? he certainly looks... alive
not bad

No that was a terrible still from his first couple of episodes. He looked hot as fuck then desu (especially in scrubs) despite getting thinner but now he just looks ill :-/.

Whos hand is that?

Tennant, Smith, and Capaldi all got tuxedo episodes. Will Jodie get one too?

oh :(

No. It's the curse of North Lords.

>tennant body
dropped