Every character that isn't Daria or her friends is oversimplistic and dumb

>every character that isn't Daria or her friends is oversimplistic and dumb
>not being the only literal retards make them look like they are geniuses
>audience feel so related to Daria because they are too smart for this world
Why did I liked it again?

It's a lot like KOTH in that regard

Daria was actually also very dumb and naive, but she was the main character and MTV viewers didnt get that about Daria

>every character that isn't the lead or supporting cast is oversimplistic and dumb
No shit, Sherlock.

there is nothing comfier than waking up hung over in a hotel room and watching this show on the tv at 8am

The black kids were smarter than Daria.

You fail

Used to love this until S4 and S5. Daria was a total cunt to her boyfriend Tom who was all so nice to him. What a drag to finish this

hahahaha 100% truth

I thought the show made it clear many times that sometimes Daria was just a total cunt and clearly in the wrong but was too stubborn to change.

That's the point, everyone related to the notion that "everyone is stupid except me".

because tv shows don't need complexity to be hilarious

>Daria was a total cunt to her boyfriend Tom
Hit a nerve, huh?

because you were a teen who sympathized with depictions of animated teens behaving like real teens just like you

Tom ruined every scene he was in.
It was so satisfying when he got completely BTFO in 'My Night At Daria's'

I liked it because it reminded me of me as a teenager. I basically was Daria in high school, I even looked the same except I was a boy so I wore pants instead of a skirt.

im not surprised you are on this site now that you are an adult

Daria would definitely be on /lit/ if it existed in the late 90s

Fuck you both of you

>hehhehheheh
>huhuhhuh

>every character that isn't Daria or her friends is oversimplistic and dumb
I wouldn't say that's true. user already pointed out that Jodie and Mack were probably the most grounded, down-to-earth characters in the entire show. Then Quinn and Stacy were both shown to be smart but merely crippled by their neuroses; Brittany and Kevin subvert the usual 'popular cheerleader and jock' tropes by being genuinely wholesome and friendly, with Brittany in particular often trying to help Daria. The adults - Helen Morgendorffer, Mr O'Neill, Mr DeMartino - had flaws and virtues and weren't just generic clueless authority figures. Even Jake had his moments, as caricaturized as he was.
The only semi-major characters I'd say were flatly dumb and one-dimensional are Sandi and Tiffany.

Not to mention plenty of episodes revolved around Daria doing something stupid and/or selfish and having to apologize for it.

you are looking at those characters from her perspective

Its just like when people tell stories about a past encounter with an acquitance. They make themselves sound smart and reasonable and they make the other person sound ignorant/stupid/mad.

Reminder that Charles Ruttheimer III was the best character.

That's not Quinn's alcoholic gay friend

kino outfit

Clear example of Sup Forums folk.

very cool
very cool

It’s a shame they introduced her in the final episode. She could have been a really interesting character.

Did Daria ever score?

She was going to fuck Tom but then stood him up and broke up with him soon after.

She's a whore for even considering it.

this is Sup Forums not /r9k/ lad.

I don't see how that makes any difference. A whore's a whore no matter what board you're on.

Daria is chaste as ice!

Confirmed for not watching passed season 1

Childhood is relating to Daria
Adulthood is seeing that Jake was the true hero

They were like the only normal humans in the show.

No, for most of the show everyone else was just much stupider than her. This view is a Sup Forums meme due to their own self hating nature, her whole attitude is counterproductive, but she only ends up being worse than the other characters and self aware of it in a handful of the later episodes.

No.

>tfw no Jane Lane gf

I wasted Highschool.

a lot of characters were shown to have some depth, even britney and kevin. hell even the fashion club crew had depth.
and daria was obviously an asshole many times in the show. i dunno what you were doing while watching but i don't think you were paying much attention

i love one-dimensional characters. i'm tired of all the hubbub.

>tfw no Jane Lane gf

I wasted life.

>take a character from a hugely popular animated series to use a main character in your idea for an animated series in order to ride the coattails of that shows popularity
>when asked why the main characters in the original series never made a cameo appearance, act smarmy and try to imply that your show is more refined and had a different, more cultured viewerbase

I don't think this show was quite as self-aware as people thought it was.

>Daria gets a job interview
>"What's your greatest weakness?"
>"Giving canned answers to canned questions."
That's some genius comedy.