My 600 Pound Life has been established as Kino...

My 600 Pound Life has been established as Kino, would a show about people in iron lungs work too or is it missing the fat loss aspect?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianne_Odell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This would somehow be even more depressing

i didn't know they still used these things

nah, it'd be comfy

I can't help, but think how funny it'd be if that screen fell on her face.

They are in that machine by choice. There are modern machines that can do the same job, but you end up with a tube rammed down your throat.

So does it just compress your whole body or what?

>the neet ideal

Wait, these people just get to lay in bed all day? How do I get one

I actually want to see a show about this now that I think about it more. Like, do they come out to be washed? What do you do with your hands? I feel like your hands being in there would be maddening.

I saw bits of a (British?) documentary about iron lungs on tv a while ago. Forgot name. One part had young kids who didn't understand what was going on put in them, it was honestly one of the most terrifying things I've ever watched, had to leave the room.

> I feel like hands in there would be maddening

Arnt these people paralysed from the neck down?

>My 600 Pound Lungs

they look ridiculously uncomfortable

What the fuck does an iron lung actually do?

>wikipedia
Humans, like most mammals, breathe by negative pressure breathing:[1] the rib cage expands and the diaphragm contracts, expanding the chest cavity. This causes the pressure in the chest cavity to decrease, and the lungs expand to fill the space. This, in turn, causes the pressure of the air inside the lungs to decrease (it becomes negative, relative to the atmosphere), and air flows into the lungs from the atmosphere: inhalation. When the diaphragm relaxes, the reverse happens and the person exhales. If a person loses part or all of the ability to control the muscles involved, breathing becomes difficult or impossible.

The person using the iron lung is placed into the central chamber, a cylindrical steel drum. An opening allowing the head and neck to remain outside is then sealed off, forming an air-tight compartment enclosing the rest of the person's body from the neck down.[2] Pumps that control airflow periodically decrease and increase the air pressure within the chamber, and particularly, on the chest.[3] When the pressure is below that within the lungs, the lungs expand and atmospheric pressure pushes air from outside the chamber in via the person's nose and airways to keep the lungs filled; when the pressure goes above that within the lungs, the reverse occurs, and air is expelled.[4] In this manner, the iron lung mimics the physiological action of breathing: by periodically altering intrathoracic pressure, it causes air to flow in and out of the lungs. The iron lung is a form of non-invasive therapy.[5]

What does an ironlung even do

see

I wonder if the pressure change would be comfy

>The iron lung is a form of non-invasive therapy
Hmmm

this.
currently only less than 10 persons still live in a iron lung in all the USA.

You never see a fat person in an iron lung...

theres a device that allows them to breath outside of the iron lung now
shes just being a lazy bitch

Isn't that what makes people 600 pounds? They just give up on trying and take the easiest route?

fuck that. i'd take the lung. make my caregiver right down all my movie ideas and shitpost online for me

>right down
at least your spelling would improve

you don't get cut open

You are now breathing manually

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

im going to heck for laughing

Are they inside the whole day?

The whole life

Maybe they could put in on wheels and roll around
How do they pee or wash themselfs?

This is why we need the show, to find out these answers.

It doesn't have the same appeal at all.

Most polio victims can breathe manually if they do it as a voluntary action and try really hard, but I think most of them get exhausted after like 2 hours.

>Polio destroys your body week before Jonas Salk invents the vaccine
Is this the most cucked man in the history of mankind?

That isn't a permanent fix, they still have to eventually get back into the lung for an extended period of time.

Is voluntary euthanasia an option in this situation?

nob ad argubemb

Watching fat people cry about not being able to lose weight is fun, since we all know all they have to do is eat less.
These guys can't really do much to help themselves, so it's just sad.

its illegal

Nah, they can leave and do leave. They can travel using a more modern mobile respiratory system. There was photos of that guy in a wheelchair with tubes in his neck.

>tfw this guy lives in a soda can and became a successful lawyer
>tfw can barely handle my shitty life

They can breathe for a few hours oitside the tank, but with great difficulty. Some caretaker takes them out, washes them, and helps them on the toilet.

Shouldn't it be possible for their arms to be outside it? This is a coffin with your head sticking out

Man, I feel so bad for them.

No user, that's satanical communism and goes against the will of God and is therefor illegal

I wonder if the pressure change would make it feel like you're getting the succ

Polio is not a choice, gluttony is.
Fatkino only works because the gargantuan gastropods cry and whine over something that's in their control.
Otherwise it's just sad.

It wouldn't work, they're two completely different circumstances.

It would suck because there is no aspect of recovery, and also he's the last one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianne_Odell

talking about a depressing life

yes,yes,nightmare material.

It's missing several aspects.
The aspect of a dumbfuck Amerimutt who's too stupid to realize that shoving pure lard down your throat several times a day, will lead you to become an obese social pariah.
The aspect of watching them "try" to better themselves, go in full of optimism, yet still have a little snack here and there to let us know that they'll never change.
The aspect of the small, small chance they might actually realize how stupid they've been all their lives and actually recover.

The only person I ever felt sympathy for on that show was the guy who died. He was born with a club foot as well as deaf in one of his ears, felt like an outcast because of it, got molested at age 9, and experienced a bunch of other things that I can't remember.
He had life rigged completely against him, and still made it further than 99% of the other participants (went from 850 to 400) before he died.

If they all started brapping

No user, because its a slippery slope. First you have people with terminal illnesses killing themselves, and within 5 years doctors will literally killing 6 year olds on the playground for skinning their knees.

why do muricans would care about that?healthcare is not free so you are not paying for the fat fuck with taxes.
let him rot if he wants.

I don't want to say this but...what about coma AKA vegetables...
I...I am afraid to ask...

Can you fap in one of these things?

You do realize there are countries where assisted suicide is legal and has been for a long time, right? I hope you're baiting

Let's be honest, it's probably in the best interest of the private health care industry to keep terminally ill people alive for as long as possible. If you are dead you aren't paying

She had family, friends and faith. She was at least happy.

You can't move a finger

Hellew

Slippery slope argument is still the weakest argument for cowards.

>AND A GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR

>watching a family member slowly die as you're trying to manually pump the lung during a power cut

Heart breaking, but she enjoyed her life

>living the Sup Forums dream

not like they can even use their arms. they're paralyzed from the neck down.

Honestly why would you not just choose death at this point?

you can still watch movies/show and read

It's not your fault that you're in an iron lung, it's just sad.

Lardasses on the other hand are disgusting and deserve to be laughed at.

I like how they turned this into a vaccination campaign ad, have the guy say how horrible it would be if polio came back and how everyone needs to be vaccinated.

they haven't vaccinated for polio in 50 years.

>iron lungs still exist

what? I thought they were surpassed by ventilators.

I don't understand either. Quadrapledics from neck injuries typically use a breather attached into their neck. Why can polio victims?

And where are you getting this information from? Last I checked polio vaccine is pretty much the first thing given to a newborn.

There aren't many left, like it's thought to be in the single digits for the entire US.

This some scifi shit

what the fuck is the huge fleshlight for?

lmao
>land of the free
>not even boss of your own body

OOOH SAAAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEE