Marvel's Tom Brevoort Talks The Future Of 'Marvel Legacy'

>Marvel Legacy #1, which ComicBook.com can confirm has sold over 325,000 units, will begin new storylines featuring Marvel's most popular heroes, as well as some potentially universe-altering events.
Huh...

>Are the creative teams on these books for the long haul?
>TB: I think that depends on what you mean by the long haul—some of them, such as Dan Slott on Amazing Spider-Man or Jason Aaron on Thor have already been on for a very long haul, and will continue to be. Others will cycle through when the storylines that they’ve set into motion come to their natural conclusion—both Dan and Jason, for example, will one day no longer be writing Amazing Spider-Man and Thor respectively, though that time is still a ways off.
LOL

>When is Jonathan Hickman coming back?
>We just got his final dialogue in for those last two SHIELD issues, so sooner than you’d think!
Huh...

>though that time is still a ways off
Goddamn it...

>325,000 units
So, 150,000 minus the overship? Its still a big number FOR YOU.

Considering no customer has actually bought anything at this point. I'd say it's kinda retarded throwing a figure like this around so early

>We just got his final dialogue in for those last two SHIELD issues, so sooner than you’d think!
Thank fucking God.

They're talking about sold-to-retailers Diamond number.

i think we all kniw exactly what he means, it's just idiotic to say something like "confirmed to have sold over 325,00" when not a single consumer has laid down money for the product yet.

>325000
Did it come out already? And how much is the actual number when taking over-shipping into account?

Why is he looking at that black guy like that?

It's this Wednesday. And nobody knows until we start hearing retailers talk about "bonus" copies after opening their shipments. All we know is that Marvel is apparently saying they're shipping out 325k.

I'll believe that when I have the issues in my hands.

>has sold over 325,000 units
damn, you people are stupid.

Oh, fair enough, I wonder how well this is actually going to sell, I'd imagine well enough but I can definitely see stores being lumped with copies, wether they're over-shipping or not

This is what marvel are shipping, it's not even what retailers have ordered as marvel are probably going to provide "free bonus copies" in every delivery, and it's certainly not going to be what customers buy

so when we can get the REAL sales numbers?
I want to call people stupid based on empirical data

You dont get real data, we never get real data, just what diamond ship to retailers

so there is no real sales data.
wow, very good America, I don't know why am surprised, considering every time you elect a president you manage to fuck up the vote counting

We'll probably get the estimate when retailers online start to talk about it.

no surprise marvel still brags to be selling something. without sales to consumers data no one can know how bad they are. retailers can keep those editions for months if not forever without selling a single fucking comic book

>Implying I'm American
But yeah, it's stupid, stores order a number of issues that the think they'll sell, they can then order more before the books come out too, then diamond gets these numbers and tell the publishers how many to print, then diamond ship the comics to stores

So at best the amounts are how many stores think they might sell, and that's not including over-shipping etc

It's dumb, but impractical to find out true sales

Because he hates Woolie

>Dan Slott on Amazing Spider-Man or Jason Aaron on Thor have already been on for a very long haul, and will continue to be.

>translation
>Marvel wont change, cause if something is going wrong, its because of the fanbase.
and you will buy as much comics we print, you mindless pawns!

and idiots will buy

out of curiosity, who among you guys still buy marvel and why?

I want to pick up the new Spirits of Vengeance mini, but it'd be the first Marvel comic I've bought since Civil War.

Registration or Minority Report?

>Dan Slott
>will one day no longer be writing Amazing Spider-man
News to him.

Registration. That shit killed Marvel for me.

They've LITERALLY been saying this for YEARS. FUCK YOU!

I dropped my books during Standoff because I was low on cash and I was annoyed at marvel for having an event so damn early and disrupting the books.

That said I'm probably going to pick up spirits of Vengeance as I like ghost rider and blade, but other than that I doubt I'll get much more than that

What's his Spider-Man even selling at these days? How did the last main writers for Spider-Man leave/get the boot?

>Registration. That shit killed Marvel for me.
Not the user you asked, but being perfectly honest with you: just don't do it.

Seriously. The Avengers ( and the MU generally ) never really recovered and just got worse. The X-Men have been shit since fucking SCHISM.

And if you look at the creative teams on the books they're just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic for the most part ( there are a few bright spots like Cates coming over from Image but that reminds me of how hyped everyone was for Soule and we all saw how well THAT worked out ).

Given numbers in a Feb 2016 article by Rich Johnson, there were 2369 retailers ordering from Diamond in 2015. Using that number as a base, it works out to 137 issues of Marvel: Legacy per store.

I dropped Daredevil a while back which was my last book. I just don't really care as much anymore. Unless they shake it in a way that's meaningful, I'm probably not going to pick anything up for a while and just stick to Dark Horse and DC.

>both Dan and Jason, for example, will one day no longer be writing Amazing Spider-Man and Thor respectively, though that time is still a ways off.
WHEN WILL IT END?

>who among you guys still buy marvel and why?
They put out a FUCKTON of books, user. Anyone who seriously suggests that every single on of the 90+ titles coming out are irredeemable trash are just 12 year olds trying to fit in by meming.

I'm personally enjoying the current Black Bolt, Nick Fury, and All-New GotG ( not in small part because they all have fantastic art ). Of course I *used* to be a massive Xfag and I've literally given up on the entire fucking franchise at this point ( yes, I'm bitter ); but the point still stands.

You're only bitter because you still love them.

I buy a handful of their books still because they still put out a handful of books that I want to support. Black Bolt, Gwenpool, and uh...

Well, two books at least. There's a few as part of Legacy that I'm going to be picking up like Doctor Strange, Marvel Two-in-One and Moon Knight but I won't know if those will actually stay on my pull until I've actually read them.

I'll also get whatever Avengers issues are done by Ewing. USAvengers didn't do it for me and I dropped Royals after he decided to go with yet another Cuck Bolt arc, so I'm starved for a Ewing book since I loved Ultimates and... pretty much everything else he's written. I liked Royals too but I'm just so fucking done with "Medusa Fucks the Marvel Universe" and USAvengers feels like New Avengers without any of the energy.