Mad Max fury road came close though as did jumunji

>I'm going to take his Face Off
Walked outta the kinoplex right there

>smoking with his face off

What did he mean by this?

>wide shot going to a complete zoom and focus of doctors glasses' reflection
great shot desu

bump
so just a select few anons enjoy this film?

its a great film, but I recall The Rock being much better. so if Im gonna rewatch one of them, it's gonna be the rock

I'm Castor Troy! I'M CASTOR TROY!!!

People are always deterred by movies with "Nicholas Cage" in the title because of his meme-status.
Sad.

I dont think I could pick between them, however I watched The Rock too many times.
I watched Face Off again last night and loved it more
shame since he acts really well in this. Travolta outdoes him going full meme

this movie created my obsession with stylized firearms

Peach... I could eat a peach for hours.

Never understood why this movie is so underrated and forgotten.

WOOOOO

Don't forget that this is nu-Sup Forums we're talking about here, where the vast majority isn't familiar with one of the last kino classics of the modern era and deliberately praises new-age shit like capeshit movies and dull, (((marketing))) oriented franchises with total lack of any kind of productiveness.

If I were to send you flowers, where would I... No, let me rephrase that: If I were to let you suck my tongue, would you be grateful?

The last act probably bores a lot of people. IT did me. It should've ended after Sean's daughter stabs Troy in the leg, and then Sean shoots him or they wrestle right then and there. The boat chase after it is just plain boring. And then Sean bringing home Troy's son was drawn the fuck out.

HALLELUJAH

>Good girl, Jamie! Shoot him!
>Honey, don't listen to him! He's not your father! Hear my voice! I'm your father!
>Use your eyes, Jamie, and shoot him!

I'm... me.
But I'm not me, I'm...
... me.

Time to find out what's in papa's bag

>Dad... I'm sorry I shot you.
And the whole thing with Sean taking Castor's son as his own after Castor killed Sean's son was fucking pottery of the utmost kino on top of the whole face-swapping shenanigans. There will never again be a movie like this.

No more drugs for that man!

>Broken Arrow
>Con Air
>Face/Off
>The Rock
it was a better time to be alive

Don't forget Out For Justice, T2, Hard Boiled, Air Force One, The Fugitive, Ronin, Speed, etc.

Some movies age like milk, but all of the good 90s action kinos age like fine wine.

I need to rewatch The Rock all I can remember are the green balls

>It's you. You're the rocket man!

>forgetting Sir Sean's silver locks

It is entertaining flick. 7/10 or 8/10. Good and competent action movie from era that is gone with two lead actors that are now memes with their hammy acting, not a classic, but good film.

>so just a select few anons enjoy this film?
Too old.Sup Forums shits on anything that doesn't have status that is beyond classic or capeshit. IMHO capeshit should be purged from Sup Forums and banished to Sup Forums.

>this was the first choice for Morpheus
>this was the first choice for Gandalf

its a grunge thing

>Why do my eyes hurt?
>Because ye 'aven't used 'em before, laddeh!

>YE SHALL NOT PASS, LADDEH!

Broken Arrow is so fucking underrated it's not even funny.

There's a ridiculous sexual scene where Travolta tries to force the girl to activate the nuke that probably no other director could have shot convincingly, except maybe David Lynch.

Also don't forget Hard Target, the ultimate JCVD movie.

John Woo was the DEFINITIVE 90s action director, and that genre ended with Mission Impossible 2

KINO OPENING
youtube.com/watch?v=gPtPxqTdkig

>I want to take your face... off

Operation scene was my first exposure to gore. Shit scared me.

theres a glaring plothole in the film. why does nobody see nick cage in this scene?

You never dealt with a molesting priest before, do you?

O&A ruined this film for me.

Man it was amazing. Now all we've got is capeshit

It had retarded overstretched action sequences (final boat chase is the worst example of meaningless and visually boring action), confused characterization and morals. I remember some reviewer saying that there were 6 ways a good director could do every scene but Woo did all 6 instead.
>hey, remember that horrible abomination of a human who killed hundreds of people? He's a human too! He has emotions!
Well, duh. I'm supposed to empathize with him? Seriously?
Daughter's knife little subplot was probably the most insulting telegraphed plot device that writer shoves in your face, but the whole story is a mess with inept characters and idiotic plans.
>but it's an action movie, plot coherency doesn't matter
"No!"
Die Hard is an action movie and it's smart. All little details are meaningful and form a big picture from a start without telegraphing themselves. Characters are smart and have consistent development, their plans and actions are competent and realistic and serve a bigger story about futility of material possession and government idiocy. Meanwhile, Woo's idea of a prison break plan is 'make guards unchain you and kick their butts'.

Saw this in a double feature with con air in the 90's

Why did John Travolta want to fuck his own daughter? It was kinda creepy

that girl in that movie is the reason why i name all blonde daughter characters "jamie" in western erotic games

The final fight always pumps me up.
>Well maybe. But I'm still gonna kick your ass.

Fucking Jannie I swear

That movie putted a fear for chemical/biological weapon in me.

I agree with some of what youre saying, the boat chase being the main one.
do you think its badly directed? I personally thought it was Woo doing an impression of Bay after watching Bad Boys alot

cool i never noticed that in the movie

don't go there
she's really JUST looking in older age photos

Yall forgetting about Double Team
Rodman Van Damme kino

One of the greatest movies ever.