Noir

>noir
>but set in preschool
>critical acclaim

Fuck you, it is a good idea and was executed well.

Only thing Rian ever did right.

It feels jarring at times. Like it's a parody episode in a cartoon series. Veronica Mars did it better I'd say.

there are lots of good movies featuring "how teenagers wish they were seen" writing. netflix's death note is the most recent example I can think of. it makes me wince sometimes but I don't think it made Brick less enjoyable.

You mean "how people that are no longer teenagers wish they acted like back in school"?

if you were ever to use the term "cringe" to describe a film, it would be for brick

i couldn't get halfway through

Yes.

Ultimate pleb filter.

Are there any movies portraying young losers without some dramatic event like r things like drugs? Just milquetoast nerds. Thats what I want to see

You mean noir losers or just losers?

Fukken this.
>You are the only one I LOVE
>Who she's eating with?
>drug lingo

luke haas is so far fetched in this

Perhaps I may know a few...

I liked it more when it was called Veronica Mars.

Yes. Most 80s teen sex comedies (Fast Times, Private School, Pretty in Pink, Porky's, etc.) and the 2000s revival (American Pie and shit)

The film is absolute garbage and should have been a warning to Disney, they pretended they liked it. I don't understand why the film costed $300 000 to make. It's a fucking student film with nothing in it. Could have been shot in one week. I guess the israeli producer got enough connections to buy this crappy film awards and good reviews, I don't see any legit explanation.

Welcome to the Dollhouse
Ghost World
Juno? (preggo teen might no be what you would called average though)
Slacker
Bad Ronald (kek, I love that movie. It's like my life on screen except with less sewers and more crawlspaces)

What's far-fetched about a drug lord operating in a high-school, driving around in a furnished van and going on about Tolkien?

They wanted to recreate The Blair Witch Project phenomenon on purpose. It worked... for a short time. No lasting power tough.

share with the class user

I mean it was well-shot, had plenty of locations and I dunno how much money all those actors were asking back then.

In Blair Witch they found a way to get away with using shit cameras and no-name actors. That's different from Brick.

>HUR I'm angry
>punch

Confessions

Mmm I get it, they thought they could make hundreds of millions out of that trash. The problem is that it isn't a horror flick, it's a stupid detective flick with teenagers. I guess they put teenagers because it was the target audience. That israeli producer was in on it for the shekels and Rian was already in the commercial mindset. The film was trash back then and is still is.

That's not what I meant. I meant the phenomenon surrounding the movie's theatre release. You had to be there for both to get it, i guess.
Little underdog movie gets big theatre screening and shit. But it didn't feel legit this thime because of Levitt an the overall budget of the thing. It's like Rian was asked to make a student movie on purpose, but to also keep it in line with mainstream Hollywood fairs. Then they market it as the breakthough of a new filmmaker and virtue signal the shit out of getting it into theatres for people to discover.

Rian made a good movie, but I wonder why they cut all the historically accurate equine orgasms from the theatrical cut? At least Rian was able to get his MILKIES in TLJ, but I'm still wating for that Director's Cut of Brick with the deleted equine stuff and the full lenght existential supermarket striptease scene.

The other guy said the name already, so I'll just post some more webm:s

Other teen Japkino include Blue Spring, Lily Chou-Chou, The Kirishima Thing and World of Kanako

Oh, I get it now. How did they even get Levitt? And who was forcing it? On wiki it says that he got money from parents and their friends.

wat

It was charming in its cheese. There wasn't a single moment where this movie didn't feel self aware. Despite that, it resisted all temptation to wink at the audience. Unique idea executed well. I'd watch again.

Out of all the film-school graduate tricks in the movie, I think I like the dream-sequence into pulled garbage bag one the most. Really neat.

Seconding Slacker. Watching it filled me with nostalgia for the early days of this site.