Least I Could Douchebag

> the punchline is "I had to compare myself to Scott Adams to look good"
It's been too long, hasn't it Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.rs/The_Dilbert_Hole#TAKE_IT_DOWN
mentalfloss.com/article/16360/scott-adams-and-spasmodic-dysphonia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I recently found out my dad likes this webcomic.
Considering he's your typical arrogant doctor, I was surprised 0%. But still a little disappointed

Holy fuck, it's that dude who had a robot. And then the robot left and the entire thing went to shit

But his comic sucks compared to Dilbert, and Scott Adams is a national treasure.

Who's blue shirt? That's not the guy from B^uckley's comic is it?

is that clarissa's dad in the last panel?

Holy shit this webcomic is still going? I remember reading this back in 2008-2009.

you're thinking of CAD and I don't blame you considering CAD's abortive attempt at a cartoon was animated by LICD's people

He look like a animated Jackie-chan.

Nah man, I'm talking about that dude in the last panel, talking to the chick from Popeye. I used to read his strip in the newspaper all the fucking time

>He look like a animated Jackie-chan.
yes this has been observed before

is licd still going on? i stopped seeing it posted on co for like the last 2-3 years

I liked LICD's second art style.

I remember the almost daily threads shitting on this comic. It's still going?

Blue shirt is Rayne Summers. Created by Ryan Sohmer. Rayne has fucked hundreds of beautiful women, and last I checked (which was like 2 or 3 years ago) he's now in a dedicated relationship with a hot... I don't remember her occupation. Sky diving teacher? Kickboxing instructor? Some fit-ass redhead with a big blond tuft in the front.

Also he has an incredible job despite no no credentials, for some reason has sway in the company he's working in, and despite his lecherous behavior, foul mouth and low-brow humor, he's such a good uncle to his niece that he didn't know he had until she was already like 7 or something.

At least Ryan admits he's a narcissist

was that the art style before this that ended with the girl's baseball team?

We actually got sick of saying the same exact things in every thread unlike QC and DoA.

He was underage and really just wanted to draw ecchi furry pinups, could not turn work in on time which to this day Sohmer thinks is what counts. He's right about consistency being necessary for a monetized webcomic but he expected an actual kid to crank out 5 strips M-F just because he himself could shit out 5 scripts. Lar deSouza is old enough to collect whatever it is Canadians have that passes for retirement and came aboard with that work ethic already formed.

Truthfully Sohmer would have replaced the first "DRAW LIKE MY IDOL BILL WATTERSON OR I KILL YOU" artist with Lar except at the time Lar had some other commitment which nixed that. The first artist did not enjoy working with Sohmer and his subject matter as it got progressively more "sluts and whores."

That's the one, yes. I can't remember if the dude's still on dA.

>narcissist
I only met the guy once at a con around 2013. He was absent from his booth and Lar looked like he wanted to kill the little redbull addict. And by "met" I mean "was in the front row of the Erin Grey panel with him" and he had a sweaty nerd adoration for the septuagenarian recounting how while she was playing a stronk independent Wilma Deering, her husband was beating the crap out of her. I should have taken pics of Ryan looking all devotional.

He has faked credentials. It was presumably another one of those plot points Sohmer introduces then drops, like the characters aging in real time.

Huh. I got curious and looked up Ryan Sohmer's net worth. According to a web site, it's 17 million dollars. I don't know if that's US or Canadian, but it's a lot.

Then I looked up Scott Adams, and that one is 75 million dollars. So, I'm guessing there's some drunken envy going on here -- Ryan's poured his hard, ugly little heart into his work and has made more money than most of us will in our lives . . . and yet, there's Garfield and OMG Dilbert, where one book of reprints makes more than this guy's entire media "empire." And Scott Adams has the temerity to post things on the internet! Things that Ryan doesn't agree with! Things (like election predictions) that turn out to be right!

It's just not fair! I hear Ryan cry into fair-trade beer, sad that he'll never be _that_ rich, and that this latest hooker has died just like all the rest.

There is no way that is his actual net worth, that's probably the value of all his business ventures including both Blind Ferret and his comic shop.

You're probably right

It is how much he would get paid if he took all the red bull cans cluttering his house to a recycling center.

Monty is his name.

>"NO ONES cares"
neither does your proofreading apparently

That's not even what "hold my beer" means

'Member when he ran that Kickstarter and stole all the money to open a comic store?

'Member when he pitched his stupid comic to Teletoon as a series and they wanted him to change the races of some the characters and he refused but the made the show anyway and he got super butthurt about it?

>when he pitched his stupid comic to Teletoon
I remember going to a seminar the Thundercats team gave around this time and they were blunt about how animation studios do NOT want blind submissions from industry outsiders, to the point that they make submitters sign a waiver that indemnifies the studios against ever coming up with a concept that (in their words) "is similar, very similar or pretty much identical to your concept."
Sohmer pitched all kinds of bitches but he never once said they did anything illegal and never told the public he'd voluntarily signed his cock and balls away to Teletoon. Animation and comics are "who you know" industries and he just cannot be bothered to network. For fucks sake Wil Wheaton had to suck cock for years before a voice director would take him seriously and he was a well known SAG actor (and this was well before he embarrassed himself on social media).
"Make me Deadpool writer because I'm great"
"Give me a cartoon based on my IP because it's great"
Daron Nefcy managed to do the latter because when Disney said "we need a few changes" she rolled with the punches. The most Teletoon wanted was a cast that wasn't 100% white, at a time when he's already written out the only male nonwhite character. He fucked himself.

NO IT FUCKING ISN'T

there is nothing more pitiable than a webcomics creator who still has an inferiority complex to the print syndicate medium which 100% of the time rejected them personally

see also scott kurtz

>"Make me Deadpool writer because I'm great"
>"Give me a cartoon based on my IP because it's great"
Another classic Sohmer-ism: "Give me this comics industry award meant for editors who manage a large operation with many employees. Sure I only manage myself and my one artist, but we perform many jobs so it's the same thing hahahaha no seriously why aren't you giving me this award?

It should also be noted that Daron Nefcy had been working in the animation field for several years before she even had a chance to make her pitch. All Sohmer had under his belt was helping produce the CAD animation, and that was a side project for Blind Ferret.

>Daron Nefcy had been working in the animation field for several years before she even had a chance to make her pitch
I'm disgusted that you had to tell anyone here this because it should have been obvious. Pete Browngarten and JG Quintel walked into CN as showrunners only because CN held a contest that obligated the network to award the 2 top winners their own shows, a contest they have never held before or since, and in Browngarten's case they went out of their way to avoid fulfilling their contractual obligations then canceled the show a season later.

And I'm just some shithead on the internet, I don't know anything he couldn't. He needs to marry Kevin Smith and they can be intolerable faggots together (protip: Tusk and Yoga Hosers only got made due to a senile sugar daddy Smith latched on to, the film industry is done with him).

The thing is, Scott Adams is eccentric, but he's not an idiot. He's actually pretty intelligent, even if he's not as smart as he supposedly (there's a chance that this is an act for self-promotion) thinks he is. Scott Adams is legit, Ryan Sohmer is just a narcissistic douchenozzle.

>He's actually pretty intelligent
He is, he's just a giant cunt to anyone who refuses to acknowledge his GOD TIER intelligence or disagree with his opinions.
encyclopediadramatica.rs/The_Dilbert_Hole#TAKE_IT_DOWN
Adams literally emailed Tristan Farnon with the question "Do you want to go to jail?"

He pretended to have a neuromotor disease paralyzing his vocal chords and then "cure" himself (this condition is incurable, people get botox injections for it). When he wheedled his way into getting a Star Trek cameo, he refused to remove his glasses despite the story taking place in the 24th fucking century (this wasn't a problem for Stephen Colbert in LotR). He openly advertises for strip ideas he never compensates nor credits.

Adams being smart is irrelevant.

Scott Adams has a beautiful young girlfriend but writes about an unattractive geek with no love life. Ryan Sohmer is geek with an ugly wife who writes about a handsome womanizer.

Scott Adams correctly called the 2016 election before anyone else. Ryan Sohmer is leftist chauvinist neoliberal.

Scott Adams is a master persuader and trained hypnotist. Ryan Sohmer begged Marvel to let him write Deadpool on Twitter and was ignored.

>He pretended to have a neuromotor disease

[citation needed]

>When he wheedled his way into getting a Star Trek cameo

When was this? I'd never heard of this.

Scott Adams never appeared in Star Trek and eyeglasses were shown to still exist in the Star Trek universe in Wrath of Khan. Adams had a cameo in Babylon 5.

mentalfloss.com/article/16360/scott-adams-and-spasmodic-dysphonia

What he had was like reverse stage fright

Correct, Babylon 5 not ST. Kirk had an exceptionally unusual astigmatism that could have been surgically corrected but he was a contrarian so Bones gave him eyeglasses.

Okay first of all whats the problem with Scott Adams?
Secondly is that the fucking dad from Clarissa in the back of panel 4?!

It's reasons like this I like coming to Sup Forums, otherwise, I'd never know these nuggets of context and reference.

Don't forget he's a horrible friend but they're losers and everyone revolve around him.

And now for biting satire from best boy Bolk.

It's not him. It's the eponymous character from Monty. The other characters are Beetle Bailey, Garfield, Rat from Pearls Before Swine, Andy Capp, Billy from Family Circus, and Olive Oyl.

No I know about that part. But where's the part that claimed about it being "made up"?

Weren't there glasses used in Babylon 5?

>doing it wrong
pic related: doing it right

> character in bed with Bolk's two OCs
there's some self awareness there though

yes the bitch is Jade from PvP and the bimbo's from Sore Thumbs, no need help

>creator of this is asexual and literally incapable of understanding innuendo

>hold my fucking beer
Huh? He has one beer and he's drinking it, it looks like a soda in a steak and shake glass even. The artist just kind of coasts the final panel, like he just had an idea of the joke and figured he just needed to put whatever in the punchline as long as it's dilbert whining, the whole comic is put together like shit. Also I get the feeling he's bitching about Scott Adams' twitter, which is annoying of him and nobody cares. He draws his character in a lounge with famous comic characters and he takes a slam at Adams? Get the fuck out of here.

>hold my fucking beer
Was that supposed to be funny or something?

I'm not sure which creator you're referring to or what your point is, but I would like to know more.

mary or Diaz?

I stopped reading when he followed a comic about how we need to help the impoverished working class with a comic about going on a spur of the moment trip via first class because he was too good to share a cabin with the disgusting impoverished middle class. Like literally made a comment that they have to sit the first class passengers first so they can rub it in the faces of the economy class passengers.

I think it was like, a normeme months ago.
So basically, dead and irrelevant, like this comic.

eh, I think both.