Just watched Blade Runner 2049 for the first time, so was Joi in love with K or nah?

Just watched Blade Runner 2049 for the first time, so was Joi in love with K or nah?
my Friend insists that it was just her programing, I was sure she loved him until the "you seem like a good Joe" part now I'm not sure.

Not being able to say for sure is the point

>ethnicity: european
she's an armenian rat

tfw no kiki joi

it was programmed well enough to trick people into thinking it has feelings. just like real women

"The pain you experience means the Joy you felt was real"

Jois love probably wasnt real, but Ks was. He probably knew it was fake, but thats the big theme of the film - the yearning in every human to feel and be special

she loved him because she was programmed to love him

K loved Deckard because he felt a bond to him from his memories, and than loved him selflessly when he knew the memories weren't his. So the point is that K transcended his programming and became more like a human. JOI wasn't capable of that sort of love.

Its implied that Joi loved K and was not just code but had consciousness and was self aware. Edgelord atheists neckbeards will say otherwise though.

>Its implied that Joi loved K and was not just code but had consciousness and was self aware
It's not. You are supposed to consider the possibility, but realize it's not possible.

>Jois love probably wasnt real, but Ks was.
bro dont do this to me now

Considering the thrill Villenueve got from Emily Blunt getting choked out I wouldn't be surprised if he has a chip on his shoulder about women

Both people arguing for and against the sentience of Joi are brainlet retards (babby’s first plot device, it’s not the question you should be asking because it doesn’t matter how real or "fake" she objectively was to someone else, it only matters what she was to K specifically
Hint:

JOE
O
I

To spell it out for you: Joi, whether real or fake (doesn’t matter either way), serves as a window into the guts of Joe/K’s character. You can say that she was an extension of his character development, his conscience. For those of you who have been in a long relationship with a person, that person would have dug the real you up from behind the outter layer (K walks into his flat after returning home from the police station and the inside is revealed). A real person can do it, and a program can as well (your phones and devices are already catered to your personality and desires). So his desires and wants were imprinted on her and she basically became a mirror into his own conscience/soul...something he didn’t know he had. She was constantly reminding him of his humanity.
To put it even more bluntly: EGO VS ID

JOE- Ego
JOI- Id

When Joi was destroyed, it was an actual part of him that he thought he lost... but as the film progresses, he realizes that whatever Joi really was, he had it inside all along... and that is so obviously conveyed when the pink lighting of the Joi ad illuminates him.

>look her up
shes got a netflix series
aww shiiit son

This movie was actually really good. Like, I haven't enjoyed anything since LOTR and I'm really glad I gave this a go

Do retards still miss on the fact that Joi was a spyware Luv used to track K?

>Joi was a spyware Luv used to track K
But this is just retarded.
Why would Luv then get aggravated and immediately look for K when Joi tells K to break that antenna thingy, if she could just spy him through Joi? Why would she ever break Joi then, if that's the only mean of her tracking K?

>Was in love?
Of course she was, that's literally what she was made for
>My Friend says programming
There is a dual interpretation for that, the movie lefts it open for debate, there are numerous occasions when K's Joi shows signs of becoming more sentient, outgrowing her own programming and making her love a choice rather than something artificial.

"Joe" was part of her programming of course, but the fact she used that name could mean that it was all she knew to express her thoughts. Even humans have such coding when faced upon something new, the mind recalls known concepts to try to explain something unknown.

But it's up to the viewer's interpretation
10/10 nihilists will choose to believe she was just a dumb program though
Other people may like the story about 2 artificial beings outgrowing their original design and becoming something more though.
>There's nothing more human than dying for the right cause
>*dies for love*

>There's nothing more human than dying for the right cause
>*dies for Evropa*
Ftfy

Holo-Waifus can never truly love you.

Just like real waifus.

If a woman sucks your dick because she finds you attractive, or because you threaten to stab her to death...your dick still gets sucked.

Same goes for JOI and love.

Joi was programmed to be anything that whoever bought her wanted. K wanted someone to love because he was basically living in a shithole, killing his own kind while people around him hated him. And having someone to love was the only bright spot in his life to keep him from falling apart. Real or simulated, the feeling K got from Joi was 100% real so he didn't care about that.
However, you should be asking what is the definition of true love? And does Joi's programmed behaviour fulfill that definition? In other words, when does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?
That, OP, is the right question.

Any more examples of the Goose "in love" wall leans?

Fuck I love him

>implying the movie cares about the far more interesting topic of AI
>goes on about muuh slave refugees
>can shit babies into this world now
>oh, so replicants are human afterall
>duuurrrr
fuck this piece of shit movie

>That, OP, is the right question.
yeah, it's really all interesting and stuff. Too bad none of this was in the film. Instead we got some nice pictures and funny colors. Assold harry and a laughably cartoonish vilan.
>we need moore replicants!
>MOOOOREEE! FASTER!
>oh look a replicant.
>shoot
>oh look, is ded now. hahaha
>get it? hahahaha
fuck this shit

>>implying the movie cares about the far more interesting topic of AI
But it does? The entirety of Joi's character is a commentary on AI and programming itself
>>goes on about muuh slave refugees
Literally 5 minutes of screentime in a film that is nearly 3 hours long

The rest of your points are just straigh up retarded.

Imagine if your smartphone decided one day to stop reporting your movements back to Apple/Google/Microsoft/Facebook

Because it cared about you

>The entirety of Joi's character
is nothing more but a cheap love story s.t. she can put herself on a fucking usb stick and die.
>muh drama
fucking hell.

>The rest of your points are just straigh up retarded.
no u

>Too bad none of this was in the film
How?
And Wallace has maybe 10 minutes of screentime in the film, ford just half of the third act. Why go with your delusional headcanon that those are somehow what the film is about?

you absolute fucking moron this isn't fight club

the topic of AI wasn't explored at all. AI/Joi was a simple tool for cheap drama, and further stressing the point how human the replicant is. This wasn't about Joi, about AI, which would be the interesting question (and a true successor in mind to blade runner), it was still all about good old replicant glow in the dark niggers.

>is nothing more but a cheap love story
She is a physical extension of K's character development, programmed to learn and react to everything that K wants and desires specifically. That programming starts to contort to the point that you don't know if she transcended her original programming or not at the end, and the question of K's programming comes to play also, hence why threads like these are still made more than half a year after the film's release.

But sure you live in your brainlet delusional headcanon all you want, reaction images won't help you form an argument you know.

>"You seem like a good joe"

>the topic of AI wasn't explored at all
Then why are threads like these made for more than 6 months SPECIFICALLY arguing about the programming and will be made for years on end?

It seems strange to me that Blade Runner's world has interstellar colonies, flying cars, near-sentient AI, fully developed superpowered clones, etc.

But their surveillance technology is an order of magnitude LESS advanced than that in the real world today. If Wallace had Zuckerberg quality shit, there wouldn't have even been a movie, he would have already won.

Not to mention people getting murdered in a police station on two separate occasions and nobody even noticing the perp.

or we can just have a different opinion and move along. Big fucking deal.

>Then why are threads like these made for more than 6 months SPECIFICALLY arguing about the programming and will be made for years on end?
exactly because it's such an interesting question, the question of our time, yet remained totally undevelopped, if not misused (as a cheap tool) in the movie.

>when your mass murdering dystopian megacorporation is more ethical than Google and Facebook irl

Ofcourse you can have a different opinion, but if you want to claim that your opinion is of any worth you should be able to atleast form something resembling an argument for it.

Here's an infallible argument

Humans can be "programmed" to love too. It doesn't make the love any less real. A mother automatically loves her child because she is "programmed" to

>But their surveillance technology is an order of magnitude LESS advanced than that in the real world today.
Because the technological blackout happened, meaning half of the technology remained analog and old.
>Not to mention people getting murdered in a police station on two separate occasions and nobody even noticing the perp.
Wallace is a literal semi-God on Earth, pretty sure Luv can do almost anything she likes with practically no legal repercussions

The "interesting question" doesn't arise from nothing or just the concept, there is capeshit with AI characters also but I'm pretty sure you won't see a single thread or post about the nature of programming when discussing those flicks.

>Because it cared about you
I want a movie about that (and it's not "Her")!

actually it is "Her"

Isn't the entire point of Asimov narratives that simulated minds are still minds
A brain made of meat is the same as a brain made of metal
data written with a laser is the same as data coded in DNA

The message as I see it is that it doesn't matter

It's close enough to the real think perhaps even hyper real since she's literally programmed to love him no matter what.

There was hints of her being genuine which is why she made him take her with him and destroy her antenna so she couldn't be tracked or rat him out if she was left at home.

In the end though she was "fake" in the same way K wasn't the real baby of the replicants.

Ofc there is a deep message that's basically saying if it feels real it's real (to you) but I don't know if it was muddled on purpose or just glossed over.

God damn if the shorts proved anything it's that we need a god damn blade runner 2021-2050 anime

Live Action is already covered by altered carbon like it or hate it it's blade runner lite

>Jois love probably wasnt real
Like the one with the human and the replicant in the anime (blade runner 2022 or something)?!

>director's cut tries to resolve this by playing voice-over of Gosling's thoughts

>all he's thinking during this scene is "................................... I blade run."

We have facial recognition, heat sensors, drones, and all sorts but our surveillance tech can be utter shit like black and white with no sound or outright fake because they can't be bothered to buy a real camera.

that's because people don't look for such things in ordinary capeshit, but for some reason you faggots expect some deeper meaning with this one.
>something, something, in the eye of the beholder

I didn't really like "her" either, but it was certainly the far more interesting movie than blade runner revival.

>reddit: the post

Creepy isn't it.

Even peak cctv paranoia kino of the 80s like Brazil 1984 couldn't predict how fucked we are.
>Nufag the reply
Phone keyboards suck get used to it I ain't in my early 20s or late teens anymore I ain't sitting in bed with a laptop

The original BR2049 ending had K reminiscing about his memories of Joi as he dies

Joi's projection hardware was the spy device, not Joi herself.

The blackout changed the course of technology in their world.