More importantly...

>More importantly, the most recent report on the current draft of the screenplay for the movie said that it would see an older, more experienced Hal Jordan (39-50), meeting a younger John Stewart. And while Cruise would be close to 60 by the time Green Lantern Corps came out, he certainly doesn't look it.

whatculture.com/film/do-warner-bros-want-tom-cruise-for-green-lantern

GIMME, PLS.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/tom-cruises-creative-control-may-have-unraveled-the-mummy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Scientologist plays space cop

While they're at it get his son Connor, he could do Stewart.

20 years ago. Cruise as Hal would have been great.
Dennis Leary as Guy
Snipes as Stewart
Christopher Walken as every Guardian of galaxy
directed by: Micheal Bay
but alas...that didn't happen 20 years ago

pure kino

This movie is a trap, set by Hollywood to finally reduce Cruise in stature. We all saw how the MSM blamed The Mummy flopping on Cruise, when it was a lameduck script and director, and similarly that was another supposed franchise reboot kickoff. DC is so desperate for a hit, that if GL flops in the US, the will transfer all their failure to the gentile Cruise. Moreover, GL is an autistic character and property to normies, no matter who directs, just see how it affected Ryan Reynolds' career, and he had youth on his side.

Perhaps if Doug Liman were directing, the forecast would improve, because GL is essentially Liman/Cruise's Edge of Tomorrow meets American Made. While the trailer for M:I - Fallout is kino, let's be honest, Rogue Nation was not better than Ghost Protocol, and Chris McQuarrie while he has Cruise's back, isn't a sure thing with CGI heavy Sci-fantasy.

Another consideration: what if Top Gun 2 underwhelms, just as Tron 2 and Oblivion and Only the Brave did by that director? You can picture how the MSM will pile on Cruise if the movie fails to break $150M US. And like GL he's a pilot in that.

Too bad Cruise turned down Tarantino for the Manson movie. He needs an Oscar role, in an R-rated dramatic thriller. Nolan should cast him.

Bump

i wish Liman would do a GL movie. it would be great

A Liman GL would be absolute kino, his talent and eye for sfx are unmatched. Luckily the script for Live Die Repeat Repeat is finished, and both Liman and Cruise are attached. Unfortunately GL could delay that project.

This is a topic Sup Forums must discuss in depth because it affects /ourguy/ right as his career is in top gear. I'd be surprised, dollars to donuts, if Cruise's scrupulous entourage doesn't keep tabs on our opinions.

>Too bad Cruise turned down Tarantino for the Manson movie. He needs an Oscar role, in an R-rated dramatic thriller. Nolan should cast him.

cue del Taco and ATMOM

No one gives a fuck what you think.

Nobody embodies 'master of willpower' better than Tom Cruise.

user, y-you maybe right, holy shit. Lovecraftcruisekino in our lifetime.

Your opinion is as outdated as your digits

>Too bad Cruise turned down Tarantino for the Manson movie.
He’d need Tarantino to make the movie outside of the US to accept

Jesus Christ Sup Forums

>whatculture
Should have been the first comment, followed by telling OP/Rajeesh to stop shilling.

Cruise literally saved the Mummy from complete disaster
>Russel Crowe as Mr Hyde was entirely his idea
>Plane sequence was all his doing
>Becoming a monster in the end was all his idea

Tom is the hero we need but not the one we deserve

Hmm, having Hyde in the movie at all was stupid, but at least Crowe did well.

>>Russel Crowe as Mr Hyde was entirely his idea
Casting, yes. Character no.
>>Plane sequence was all his doing
>>Becoming a monster in the end was all his idea
Yes.
Also Cruise managed to push it to 400M, without him movie would have CGI plane scene and wouldn't break 200M. All previous Universal movies (Wolfman, Dracula) failed to cross 250M.

I wonder if Cruise is kicking himself for not doing Iron Man.

>Cruise literally saved the Mummy
Mummy can't be saved after that Brendan shit. It ruined it forever.
>classic mummy movies "they find sarcophagus and bring it to England or USA. Mummy gets back to life.
Now pleb complains about being different than "old" while it is fucking rooting to old more than 90s ones did!
Literally plebfilter movie. Filters pleb who know only Brendan from patricians who actually know old mummy movies.

what is it with the iron man role and attracting height challenged talent?

That was in the late 90s...

>imagining based Cruise reciting the GL oath in his super intense autism mode and then proceeds to punch baddies across the sky with a big green boxing glove

I don’t care what it costs, take my money.

Maybe he's a manlet in the comics?

>blamed The Mummy flopping on Cruise
Really? Cruise is the best thing about that movie.
He might be batshit crazy, but he always delivers. I can not recall a bad performance by Cruise in the last decade.

I am so on board with this concept.

The only reason is misunderstanding. As said. Movie is actually closer to old mummies, but "critics" (read nostalgia loving bloggers) are unaware of this, and audience acts like sheeps. Australian, British, Japan, New Zeland and other foreign critics gave it positive reviews. Movie was a big hit around the world and from foreigner word of mouth it got mixed to positive reactions.

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let me guess, John fucking Boyega as John Stewart

Just sabotage my film up senpai

>gentile
Never heard of that word before.

>Too bad Cruise turned down Tarantino for the Manson movie
That was an option? Goddamnit, Cruise, why decline!?

>older Hal
>younger John
So they're going to kill him to put blandest Lantern at the forefront?

>Really? Cruise is the best thing about that movie.
My niggah. Cruise was 100% belevable with his "wtf is going on" face. Feels like it's all real and Criuse is really confused, with no idea whats going on. Ironically one of his best roles.

making a billion dollar iron armor to show off is quite clearly a way to compensate for something

They’ll just give him Kyle’s personality

Then why even make him John?
I already know the answer...

I don't know if I should be sad that the Greatest Green Lantern will never be on the silver screen or happpy that he shall forever remain pure and untarnished by Hollywood (unless comics have pozzed him up since I stopped reading DC after New 52 which is entirely possible)

Dude, New52 fucked him up.

He’s had some anger issues but still is the same old guy

Hollywood totally tried to blame him. The Jewish director called him out publicly. Ever since Cruise redpilled America on (((psychiatry))) and pills to Matt (((Lauer))) they've had it out for him. Why he moved to Europe.

cbr.com/tom-cruises-creative-control-may-have-unraveled-the-mummy/

Watch Cruise point his finger at Matt Lauer, based, on YouTube
>"you don't know the history of Psychiatry, Matt,do you? Do you? Because I do. I've studied it. I spent years studying it because I don't talk about things I don't know about. Unlike you, Matt. And you speak to America every morning, Matt. It's almost like your responsibility to be informed!"

/ourguy/

Really? Because from what little I remember Green Lantern didn't change all that much afterwards. Like I remember them just continuing on with a storyline that was already in progress even after Flashtism changed the entire universe around.

See now this is bullshit they should have made him a Star Sapphire (male)

>john stewart
Off to a terrible start already.

Except when they removed anything compelling from his backstory and just turned him into "angry cop who didn't play by the rules."

>I've never heard the word gentile before
Wew. You're a gentile, user. Welcome to the club you were unceremoniously born into. Like slavery.

>not a star sapphire (female)
Should the movie just go with Kyle? He is a minority, technically

>Universal released a statement about Cruise’s level of involvement. “Tom approaches every project with a level of commitment and dedication that is unmatched by most working in our business today,” the statement read. “He has been a true partner and creative collaborator, and his goal with any project he works on is to provide audiences with a truly cinematic moviegoing experience.”
That's why I believe he was really interested in this movie. He's motherfucking Tom Cruise. He can take and drop any roles he wants. If he took "Mummy", there MUST be something that convinced him to do it.

i really think thats a ps2 game

But the green lantern has no need to run

I WANT MORE FUCKING CRUISEKINO AND I WANT IT NAO!!!!

he's doing as much as he can before getting too old for this shit

Shouldn't John Stewart be the older one and Hal Jordan the cool hip young guy?

Also this movie might never get made, the DCEU is dying

Hal is GL #1
John is GL #3

I don't read DC comics that much besides the occasional Superman or Batman story, what happened with the gay Green Lantern that happened a few years ago? wasn't that guy the first green lantern?

But their characterization a have always been more in line with Hal being the brash young idiot and John being the seasoned veteran. Especially since Kohn is an actual military vet while Hal was just a test pilot.

He’s not about space stuff
He’s the first green lantern but has nothing to do with the corps

And that’s why John’s boring and can’t carry a movie in his own and needs a supporting cast

I know. I wasn't arguing that John needs to go solo. I'm terrified they'll do it because of the fucking cartoon making generations of idiots think he's THE GL.

The Mummy should have unironically been his "Indiana Jones in denim" franchise, like Uncharted with a Resident Evil Walking Dead overcast. I can picture it, and it'd be so kino. But Alex Kutzan demanded to write the script and direct, because he wanted to milk Dark Universe.

I'd much rather see Cruise do Last of Us or Uncharted rather than risk being drowned like Affleck in DC's historic downward spiral. Cruise would blow Gal Gadot's tissues out of her wonder bra, and WB can't risk that.

They should have just gone with Kyle and have the first Hispanic superhero

They should have gone with Guy and finally allow some ginger representation in super hero media.

>del Taco and ATMOM
>starring based Cruise
I didn't know I needed this

ATMOM not happening lead to Cruise taking The Mummy. He's a classic horror fan. His role as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire is Amadeus wig kino.

Cruise and Pitt reuniting since Vampire with Tarantino playing cowboy actors in hippy Hollywood. Kino af. But DiCaprio had to butt his huge head in. Mistake.

Cruise can’t return to the US though, that might have influenced his decision