ITT: Actors that went the extra mile for a character role

ITT: Actors that went the extra mile for a character role

>John Leguizamo actually ate a maggot-covered pizza for the movie "Spawn".

I

TO

>John "Leguizamo" Chaimbaum

When Nicholas Cage was in character for Ghost Rider he wouldn't look anyone in the eyes on set and would just grunt on set instead of speaking

Christian bale in the Machinist

Chloe Sevigny

>Even director Christopher Nolan wasn't safe from Gillen's twisted vision.

>"One time I yelled 'cut' and Aiden turned to me and said 'what if someone just stood in the middle of an airstrip and yelled Bane? Maybe Smee and Maimen would forget their trained routine of making me a hired gun.' My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to play a big guy, or is a big guy something that's been in him all along?"

>"Sometimes I would go to look into the cameras, and I noticed Aiden had put something in the lens. It was stuff like 'What if the flight plan listed everyone? Would it still be happening?' and 'Lights. Camera. Aye.' I had to ask him to stop because I was feeling too scared to direct."

Natalie Hershlag had her head shaved.

powerful

The kids that got killed by John Landis.

Imagine if someone farted and everybody started laughing and it fucked up thay scene

Lost their heads

just keep going and loop the audio afterwards

When my character needs to limp I put a rock in my shoe

Trees Lounge? Boys Don't Cry? That Arthouse movie with actual cock sucking?

The most pointless movie gimmick of all time.

Shut up

BZZZT BRAP *SOB* HAHA BZZZT BRAP *SOB* HAHA BZZZT BRAP *SOB* HAHA

savage

top fucking kek
pls be serious

I was thinking cock sucking but turns out that's just standard.

Off by one...

J law she showed her bobs

that was tyronn lue

Your time is over, dubsguy. You've been replaced by sneed.
also checkem

Charlotte Gainsbourg

There's a scene in the bucket list where jack nicholson is getting shaved but he actually has dialogue while they do it, desu that is more impressive

He did good

Sasha grey and beer
It was beer, right?

It wasn't her getting dp'ed.

From Idris Elba, on the Ghost Rider 2 set:

>Nic Cage came back one day on set, and he came down to set and he looked a little bit tired, a little bit - kind of like he'd ben up all night. So I was like, 'Hey Nic man, how you doing man?' And he said, 'I'm alright' and I said 'You seem a little spoked out' [sic] and he said, 'Yeah man, I went up to Dracula's castle...the ruins up in the mountains, and I stayed the night' and i said 'What?! Why|?' and he said 'I just had to channel the energy, and it was pretty spooky up there.' We were shooting in Romania, Transylvania, and he just went up there to spend the night, as you do.

>And then he walked away.

>True story.

I want Nic Cage in the new Tarantino movie so it males him an A lister again. That guy may be nuts but he's a great actor, and Tarantino movies have a way of jumpstarting the careers of actors who have fallen off a bit. Plus Cage and Tarantino just sounds fun.

It's not acting if you actually do it

Holy fuck that was him? Never knew.
Then again I haven't seen this movie in ages cause it was kinda shit.

Holy fuck! What?

Can't even get dubs with your shitty meme.

Imagine doing that for what turned out to be such a shit movie that nobody liked. I'd be pissed.

I liked it. It's one of the better superhero movies out there. Spawn is criminally underrated.

A free meal is a free meal though

But was it hot?

Cut out the hell scenes and it's better than most capeshit

I'd rather watch it than MCU shit but it's still pretty bad. That gif is the coolest thing about the movie by a longshot.

Yeah, final battle shouldn't have taken place in hell with all the copy/pasted Spawns, but everything leading up to it was awesome.

The terrible cgi in hell is what I mostly remember, should I give it a rewatch for the rest?

Nicholas cage is always in "character"

nothing wrong with eating maggots, it's just protein

Fag
I bet you think there's nothing wrong with drinking semen cuz it's just protein

quicker than finding a napkin to spit in

of course
hell scenes looks like shit because they went off budget

Ed Harris actually almost drowned in The Abyss.

Oh wait that wasn't his idea.

>I would paint my face with black and white make up to look like a Afro-Caribbean icon called Baron Samedi, or an Afro-New Orleans icon who is also called Baron Saturday. He is a spirit of death but he loves children; he’s very lustful, so he’s a conflict in forces. And I would put black contact lenses in my eyes so that you could see no white and no pupil, so I would look more like a skull or a white shark on attack. I would walk on the set looking like this, loaded with all these magical trinkets, and I wouldn’t say a word to my co-stars or crew or directors. I saw the fear in their eyes, and it was like oxygen to a forest fire. I believed I was the Ghost Rider.

Some of the CGI and special effects were really great for its time. The cape stuff pushed technology further. It only looks really bad when they're in Hell (especially that last fight), but even that stuff is comparable to CGI in other movies at the time (it reminds me a lot of the Mortal Kombat movie).

The hell cgi is unironically PlayStation cinematic tier and was bad even for the time but yes most of the other cgi wasn't that bad for the time.

We don’t kno that, but what we do know is that she stared as those men irl

supposedly all the cgi budget went to the damn cape and that's why everything else looks like it does

based pestposter

Lots of Girls starring Miramax movies ?

I wonder if it was good?

>Go the extra mile
>Movie is still complete shit

Jared Leto made himself blind for Blade Runner 2049 shoot

>For the part, he decided to fit himself with opaque contact lenses that made it impossible for him to see anything.

>'He was walking with an assistant, very slowly. It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple. Everybody became super silent, and there was a kind of sacred moment,' Villeneuve stated.

>'Everyone was in awe. It was so beautiful and powerful—I was moved to tears,' he added.

>The gambit worked, Villenueve said, adding that while 'it was insane,' Leto 'really created something.'

Good.
The logical choice is to divide the CGI
>%70 cape and suit
>%29 violator
>%1 everything else
to get effects that will last for fifty years, and not just average everything and getting forgotable cgi

After Joi, he was the best part of BR 2049

Malebolgia and Hell should not have been CG.

What a load of absolute horeshit.

He was the best part of the movie at least

but why

Almost took it

What'd she do in Boys don't cry?

That's Jackass tier whore shit for a paycheck and notoriety.

What about Tree's Lounge? Steve Buscemi drank a lot or he actually fucked 16 year olds that he picked up in an ice cream truck?

Got beaten so bad she was in ICU for 3 weeks.

>actors that went the extra mile

Everyone shut the fuck up and show ourguy some more love, he had to witness the gates of the underworld spread without flinching.

Joey.jpeg

you don't say

>Raimi later admitted that roughly 50 hours of footage was filmed of Dafoe's performance as Norman Osborn, with barely 1% of this making the final cut.'We just had reels and reels of it,' the director said, 'I would say cut, but he would just keep going deeper and darker, bringing all of these ideas into it that weren't in the script. For example, a sub plot of Norman's father being an SS officer, or the idea that the Goblin transformation represented Nietzsche's Ubermensch. So after I while, I stopped saying 'cut'.' Other actors recalled Dafoe's usage of multiple props to aid his performance that he brought himself, presumably from his own home. 'He had this large green dildo he loved to wave about,' Tobey Maguire remembers, 'sometimes he would bring it out of nowhere and slap me across the face with it. During fight scenes when we were grappling on the ground he would tease it around my 'beautiful asshole', as he called it.' James Franco also recalled him having 'this large, antique bullwhip... we asked where he got it from, and he would only say that it was a family heirloom. Some prop guys on set said it must have been from at least the 1800s. ON a few occasions when I fucked up my lines, he would threaten me with it, telling me to give him an excuse 'to pay out like old Buck Dafoe did to the little negro boys'. Another actor from the film, who requested she remained private, said Dafoe always had a copy of the Quran lying around on set, and some PAs caught him 'poring over it repeatedly' in his trailer.

Always loved this one

Watch the HBO cartoon instead

I like to imagine she's crying because no one told her she had to shave until 5 minutes before filming.

Mr Spacy, do you prefer guy butt or guy mouths?

Kids

>filename not Goodbye My Darling Hello Vietnam
one job user

Please be fake.
This one is absolutely fake.

Although her son's classmates kept joking about it. They called her something, I can't remember.

Yeah the hell scenes are really bad. Satan literally looks like a videogame character from a PS1 game. Thankfully they don't film hell that much.

/thread

>/thread

You don't /thread your own post Newfriend

Kek.
One of my favourite scenes of all time is the "godspeed, spiderman" one. It's just so damn hilarious.

Actually is pretty shitty. As a woman your hair is pretty important to looks.

Its like losing a lot of muscle mass to look like a wimp for a movie.

I

>>For the part, he decided to fit himself with opaque contact lenses that made it impossible for him to see anything.
>>'He was walking with an assistant, very slowly. It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple. Everybody became super silent, and there was a kind of sacred moment,' Villeneuve stated.

Just imagine if they'd hired a real actor maybe he wouldn't have needed to blind himself to act blind?

No. Just no.

>That pic

Is that Loss?

this! and growing natural hair back to your shoulders is at least 2-3 years of waiting