Star Wars™ Is Dead Appreciation Thread

Please stop pretending JJ is going to bring this calamity back from the dead like those two guys on Weekend at Bernies. He was fucking this dead corpse well before Rian got his mongoloid hands on it.
The question you really need to be asking yourself is, "what do I do to fill the vast chasm in my heart now that Star Wars is dead"?

How are you going to fill that chasm Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9EzfF3Mqg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRatNEMQKbE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eh, they still do good comics occasionally.

>Replies: 0 / Images: 0 / Posters: 2 / Page: 4

Good

>Eh, they still do good comics occasionally.

Anything made post-2013 is thoroughly can be ignored

Sure. The only one I have really enjoyed from the new Marvel era was the second Vader series.

>The question you really need to be asking yourself is, "what do I do to fill the vast chasm in my heart now that Star Wars is dead"?
Well in fact I just went back to good ol EU. I just discovered Darth Plagueis novel, I played Jedi Academy again, and I'll try the Timothy Zhan trilogy again, and read the darth bane one. And watching some clone wars episodes from time to time. Disney is an "alternate star wars" high budget fanfic, optional one to me.

listening to the plagueis audiobook now

>I'll try the Timothy Zhan trilogy again
I recently re-read the comic adaptations. They don't hold up so well anymore. The first one was the best.

why would Star Wars be dead? TLJ was the second best Star Wars movie yet, after ESB.

Doctor Aphra is shit now and that was the only comic that felt like good old EU.

Sup Forums will fall for this bait

What's that even about?

>trips wasted giving a disney shill a (you)

KOTOR II is Star Kino

I never liked her. Hated that she was forced into the Aaron Vader series.

>this books needs a quirky nerd female character
Fuck off.

Soule's Vader is good, Kanan was good, and the Obi-Wan & Anakin book was alright.

but its the truth.

>48% audience score
Sure thing sweetie

The Last Jedi was good.

oh yes and I finally played the two Kotor with some mods, it was fucking kino indeed. All that thanks to shitty Disney. In a way it feels great to know star wars is a finished universe now. Old E is not perfect by any means of course, but it's damn comfy.

>How are you going to fill that chasm Sup Forums?
Impossible, TLJ was too bad. Star Wars will never recover from a piece of shit like that, even the prequels had more virtues than this

t. brainlet

is that a cosplay or mod?

by watching actual other kino instead of investing time in the dead horse that is this franchise

Kreia gives me chills

t. doesn't know what t stands for

This but unironically

I thought Aphra was alright in the Vader series.
It was neat having a character that contrasted Vader so much. But then in her solo run, they removed Vader and she became straight up annoying.
Also your list is missing the Han Solo one

guess all marvel movies are greatest cinema now.

lol wut? of course it's a cosplay

I dunno, got my hopes up for a HD remake

WITNESSED
Stop feeding the shills.
The old Battlefronts and Republic Commando are the absolute blast to play. I've been playing them lately and they are great, all the plots falls in line and everything is great.
The only thing I will forever be sad about is never getting a movie (be it EU or main movies) explore the battlefront idea. It would've been great to see the hardships that stormtroopers go through. Imagine "Fury" but with stormtroopers in their ATAT. Shit would've been 10/10

>pic is Solo stealing their posters from Jazz albums

I plan on watching it crash and burn by enjoying every minute of it

You can always watch Star Trek. Which is also on collision course.

well there are plenty of hd textures packs now yes

Yes republic commando is prequel comfiness too, as much as I love the podracing game also. I tried the jango fett game, it's not perfect but still a bit enjoyable.

Jesus fuck I even played the twilek spy game (psp) via emulation, twas not that bad.

I kind of feel the same way, nerd culture has become sort of cringey anyway, I'll let the nu-generation have it

One of the best villains from any medium and it's a cult video game, they really did a good job on the writing for that one.

>Also your list is missing the Han Solo one
Haven't read it, yet. (Or Lando, Chewie, Mace, Thrawn, Poe, Aphra, and Chrometrooper)

It's capeshit now, actually worse than capeshit. It's so corporate and devoid of anything artistic now that it actually depresses me. George sold his legacy. Just threw it out the window for money he didn't even need.

>Please stop pretending JJ is going to bring this calamity back from the dead like those two guys on Weekend at Bernies

If anyone can salvage the disney trilogy after the TLJ cringefest, it's JJ.

And even if he can't, just watching JJ subvert Ryan Hackson's shitty directing and making him look even worse by contrast gonna be satisfying as hell. Ryan might even get pulled out from the new shit trilogy disney asked him to direct. So we got that to look forward to.

>Ryan might even get pulled out from the new shit trilogy disney asked him to direct
There's no way that trilogy ever happens. They just don't want to tell anyone yet because admitting Johnson sucks could hurt the dvd sales.
They'll wait until IX is done to announce a new director.
To be honest, I never once believed that faggot was gonna have an entire trilogy, it was all marketing lies to make people excited for 8. I could be wrong though

JJ has literally never wrapped anything up in his life. You see what a clusterfuck Cloverfield has become?

>If anyone can salvage the disney trilogy after the TLJ cringefest, it's JJ.
Is JJ who ruined the sequel trilogy in the first place, Rian Soyson only make it worse

Episode IX is just going to be one big shit fest of Rey going back in time fixing everything, that voice she heard leading her to Luke's lightsaber? Rey was leading herself there, how did Maz get it? Rey gave it to her so she would get it.

Star Wars is fine and no-one cares. Go shitpost somewhere else.

Yeah yeah sure it's fine. But who's gonna watch it, kid?

>Rian Soyson only make it worse

careful there user he was /ourguy/ this time yesterday

If Disney is half capable of using a goddamn focus test group, they'll finally realize the most popular thing in the nu-wars trilogy is Kylo and make him the functional protagonist.

>what do I do to fill the vast chasm in my heart now that Star Wars is dead

I think it's a safe bet that's the least of your problems, OP.

Fucking this, so much. The old EU might have been a little dodgy at times but I'll take it over Mouse Wars in a heartbeat.

You guys are much too old for this shit.

Idk why people hate Rogue One. It had the most right Star Wars "feel" since the originals, and had a nice 90s EU charisma to it.

Best SW movie since Jedi.

>Idk why people hate Rogue One.

Sup Forums foilhat orthodoxy requires you to treat it as anti-Trump propagandism

It kind of tried, but it's just not a good movie. It's a bit fun at times but that's it.

People hate it because it does everything possible to make the Rebellion hatable and then walks it back with a saccharin good vs evil speech that has no place in the movie, ESPECIALLY coming out of the mouth of the character who's been dragged through multiple war zones, who's father was killed by the rebellion and who's father-figure was abandoned by them when it was clear he needed serious help, and who's ear was talked off for half the movie by a couple gay asian lovers about mythical concepts that she has no stake in.

I'm a huge Twi'fag, how did I not know this existed

Kathleen straight up said she doesn't care about the fans. Mark straight up told Rian they should think about the fans and he didn't give a shit

Other than having a few too many characters and locations to flesh out properly I didn't really see anything wrong with it.

>People hate it because

On the strength of that rant I think it's safe to say you hate it because you're a whiny little bitch.

>Kathleen straight up said
>Mark straight up told Rian
get out girlfriend!

No way. JJ's movie was basic and largely a bundle of member berries (just using the term, don't get me started on the unironic joke that is south park these days), but at least it had decent pacing and a good measure of mystery.

Say what you want about the man and his mystery fetish, but at least you can always count on movies from him to be reasonbly entertaining and well put together/well paced.

Is this true? Cause if this board ever approved of that dipshit while knowing of the existence of Looper then there's no hope for you guys, you'll just keep getting fooled by hacks. Ryan Soyboy McHack Johnson is physically incable of putting together a sci-fi movie that makes sense.

>Is this true?

yes. consult archive. hypocrisy is the new redpill

have fun user, you even talk to good ol Kyle Katarn at the begining.

There's a scene when an officer on a Star Destroyer says a line while they're being rammed or some shit and the camera just lingers on him for a moment after his line while he just has his mouth open. That shit completely ruined the movie for me.

It reminded me instantly that the movie was just artificial garage.

The second act is kind of useless because it just tells our protag the same thing the first act did, they need to get the death star plans because its creator, her father, snuck in a fatal flaw that when exploited could destroy the whole thing and it's their only hope of standing a chance against the empire. While also painting the rebbelion in a bad light and shaking Jyn's trust in them even more, only to do an 180 and make her totally on board with the rebbelion and have her try to convince them to try and steal the plans.
What they should have used the second act for was to soften her to the rebel cause, instead of telling her what to do again.
I don't think it ruins the movie completely, but a redundant second act is kind of a major flaw of a movie.
I still like rogue one though, the people who made it obviously liked star wars, and so far its the only NU-wars movie that pays a little homage to the prequels, which turned out to be a bit less universally reviled that previously thought. As opposed to TFA and TLJ, who spat in the face of the OT, the EU, and old fans alike while flat out ignoring everything about the prequels and clone wars while doing absolutely nothing to attract new fans aside from diversity pandering and shoving liberal messages down our throats. I'm a lefty myself but goddamn are they obvious and annoying about it.

I wholeheartedly agree about J.J. and Rian, but now that we all pretty much universally agree that Rian T. Johnson failed to deliver, I’d like to point out some of the things we gave Jar Jar a pass on, working off the assumption there would be a payoff in the future installments:

Let’s compare the story of TFA to the story of A New Hope:

Leia is captured while trying to reach Tatooine, where she believes she can contact Obi Wan, and she sends 3PO and R2 down with the Death Star plans and her message. The plot hinges on one coincidence - the droids finding their way into Luke’s possession. Everything else that *appears* to be coincidence is later revealed to be anything but. Leia is coming to find Obi Wan. Obi Wan is on Tatooine watching over Luke from afar. Han and Chewie are just smugglers with a fast ship and a willingness to run Imperial blockades if the price is right. There is nothing special about them, other than the fact that they’re confident enough in their ship to accept a deal that others aren’t. This is compounded by the fact that Han is desperate for cash to pay off his debt to Jaba.

Logical. Even if the droids had ended up in someone else’s hands, R2 would still be looking for a way to find Obi Wan, so the events would just unfold along a different path, with perhaps Obi Wan being the one to seek Luke out instead of vice versa. They’d still be looking for a way off Tatooine, and Han would still be desperate for money.

Now compare that to TFA.

Luke’s map is on Jakku. Rey, a fantastically gifted Force sensitive, is also on Jakku. And the Millennium Falcon is, against all conceivable odds, also on Jakku. All by nothing by sheer coincidence. Literally nothing connects these dots. If this was the only instance of Abrams just lazily slapping a plot together, it might be forgiven under the assumption that he intended to tie this all together later in an interesting way, but not only does Johnson’s abysmal excuse for a movie shit all over that, but we’ve already seen J.J. leave a similar mess just to blithely tapdance away from it - Star Trek, where Kirk, old Spock, and Scotty all end up being on the same ice planet just because reasons.

Stop supporting this hack. Tell him and Disney to take their low-effort, poorly-considered attempts at “world-building” and shove them directly up their mystery box.

Selectively picking what I do like and ignoring what I don't like from both Canon and Legends and going off to play FFG's Star Wars RPG with friends.

They go to Maz, who just so happens to have Luke's lightsaber and the excuse is literally, "that's a story for another time".

*nomatter what you do I'll tell you off for being wrong because I'm written to be right instead of actually being right*

Shit character.

>Hey mister J.J we made this for the new planet Jakuu where Rey grow up
>Throw that shit I'm going to remake every fucking part of New Hope but with members, mistery box, a Mary Sue and Marvel jokes

>FFG rpg
Top stuff

Will there ever be an IP that could be "the next Star Wars" in terms of scope, tone and scale?
I was hoping Mass Effect could be that but then ME3 and Andromeda happened.

>Mass Effect
That shit never had the oportunity to even catch stargate, let alone Star Wars

Oh no, star wars is dead!?!

Xenoblade Chronicles X gave me SW feels, but some Macross thrown in.

I'm actually impressed by how quickly Disney managed to kill off any interest I had in Star Wars.
That's a fucking achievement right there.
I can't even bring myself to rewatch the first 6 movies, knowing how badly they fucked everything up.
People still bitch about prequels, but none of them even come close to shitting on the original trilogy as hard as the sequels did.

Legends.

Same. I won't touch any of it. A friend with some taste in kino keeps telling me to watch Rogue One, even though he hated TLJ, but I will never do it.

I can’t get over how much more awesome that concept art is than what we got. What sort of visionless fuck could look at that and say, “Nah, let’s just use generic desert planet again.”

I didn't like it for ship designs, lore choices, and for the space battle where the lighting was all off, the ship models all look like hi rez digital plastic, and the ship scaling/perpective looked off ie. Xwings looked as big as blockade runner, Y wings looking massive in comparison to the star destroyer, etc.

Rogue One is the only thing I like from nuWars. It’s got its flaws - some annoyingly contrived fan service and a singularly uninspired performance from Forrest Whitaker, but I really, really enjoyed it outside of that.

'Star Wars™ Is Dead'
>Uhh, no it isn't, i'm still here silly

This is what I've been telling all my friends "the disney sequels are just shitty fanfictions" it doesn't hurt soo bad when you stop considering them canon

>How am I gonna fill the chasm of a bunch of ugly charisma vacuums on a by the numbers retreading of something I saw years ago

Fuck I just dont know, I just dont know.

>Disney is an "alternate star wars" high budget fanfic, optional one to me.

This is the right mindset. It's helpful that the EU material is so readily available and the old games and novels are so cheap. There should be an effort to archive the old EU material so it will be available for future generations to read. I suspect Disney will eventually try to memory hole everything they don't directly produce.

I'm tired of this shit. Rebels and TLJ were awful.
Any recommendations of the old EU? Novels, comics, games, whatever.

>Dark Empire series of comics
>Thrawn trilogy of novels
>Rogue Squadron novels
>Tales of the Bounty Hunters novel
>Kotor games
>Dark Forces + Jedi Knight+ Jedi outcast games

>Tie Fighter vs X-Wing game
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9EzfF3Mqg

>YouTube fanfilm based on the TIE Fighter game
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

>Movie Battles II game mod for Jedi Academy.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRatNEMQKbE

Thanks user

>Just threw it out the window for money he didn't even need.

We did it to him and we kind of deserve it. The fact that he gave away most of the money proves it.

>tfw we're sorry George...forgive us.

I enjoyed this.

Proof that Lucas needed a good editing.

>We did it to him and we kind of deserve it.

I don't accept this line of thinking.

I believe there was blackmail, but not enough to actually force the sale. So they needed Kathleen Kennedy. Once they brought Lucas to the table with the threat of extortion, they used Kennedy to push him over the edge and convince him that selling was his best option:
>Think of your legacy
>Think of the fans who'd be disapointed
>You're getting up in there in age, George, and to be honest, you can't rely on your children to manage your company after you're gone.
>Sell Lucasfilm to Disney, put me in charge. Unofficially, you'll still have creative control. I promise.
>Trust me.

After the sale went through, Lucas realized that he had been betrayed. Kathleen Kennedy was loyal to Disney and had no intention of keeping him involved. Everyone should watch the interview between Lucas and Kennedy, which took place after the sale. Kennedy appears smug, confident and in control. Lucas comes across as defeated, pleading and miserable. Although he does make several thinly veiled swipes at "greedy, selfish and evil people."

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s

Lucas built and spent his career opposing the Hollywood studios system and repeatedly stated he would never sell or give up creative control to Star Wars. Yet here we are. When Bob Iger became CEO if Disney in 2005, he told the board that he would pursue an aggressive acquisition campaign that included Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm. 7 years later, he had George Lucas accepting the deal he swore he'd never even consider.

Lucas never cared about fan complaints in the past, but for Disney, blaming fans for causing the sale through their nitpicks is a convenient lie they can use to shame and silence the most vocal and critical swathe of the franchise's fanbase. It shuts up the fanboy gatekeepers who determined what was "real" or "good" star wars material, allowing them to be replaced by the Storygroup.

Interesting, I had heard of the phantom edit, but not this one.

As always, we didn't appreciate George until he was gone.

Recommended, it becomes Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan's Jedi action movie.

Attack of the Clones, from the same editor is also good.

Sith I think suffered a bit.

Honestly I've been on a massive nostalgia review of old sci fi books and videogames

Might rewatch Star Trek in its entirety (Not counting anything produced after ENT)

Abrams is fucking retarded, he ruins almost everything he touches with his sweaty little jew claws

>he has a vast chasm in his heart because his pewpewshit is dead

grow the fuck up

Now you're just talking out of your ass

I'm gonna make my own story franchise, allow other creators to get a license to write stories set in its own universe and make millions.

I was watching Revenge of the Sith and i just could not fathom how the six movie ties in to disney's nu trilogy, like i couldn't not image that anakin skywalker would have a grandson that is obsessed with him and that he falls in love for some sand bugger girl.
Rogue One was actually good which shocks me, that this is a Disney Star Wars movie. Like i don't know how the fuck that happened
You know what saddens me the most is that we still would have gotten a sequel trilogy if Disney did not buy Lucasfilm
Fuck off Bitch you killed Star Wars

Star Trek. I never got serious about the show, so I started from the beginning and I'm up to Episode 5 of the second season of TNG.

This fucking faggot right here man, fuck this guy