Now that he made one of the greatest cinematic achievements of the 21st century in Twin Peaks: The Return...

Now that he made one of the greatest cinematic achievements of the 21st century in Twin Peaks: The Return, what's next for his career?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xtjiVTSs8pc
youtube.com/watch?v=UPYxcwwE5bU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=OUdI9V7BrgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chill and meditate hehe. But i hope for one more lynching in future.

Banging milf puss

Dying probably

Twin Peaks: The Return is the worst thing Lynch ever made, including Dune. Now that retiring gracefully is out, hopefully he'll partially redeem himself with another feature, preferably outside of the dull Twin Peaks universe.

How to tell someone got lynched real hard expecting "comfy" out of a show about sexual abuse, TV satire and subversion of expectations:

Mostly it appears hawking his meditation stuff to soldiers with PTSD.

How to tell when someone is just getting into "kino" and thinks this tired crap is great art:

Buddy, I get the feeling you don't understand art is a meme and all entertainment needs to be is entertaining.

Spbp

Season 4 11/10

How lynched and with absolutely disgusting taste one can be? Return is objectively the best thing that happened in this century, u normiefag.

pleb filtered. U know shit about kino, u probably masturbate to Soy Runner 2049. The most generic, save, without balls continuation ever made. Reddit is ur place.

New Twin Peaks is best continuation ever made.

I'd really be surprised if he ever filmed anything else now that wasn't like a short or a music video or something like that. I think he's done and I can be at peace with that.
You can't deny that Inland Empire would be a masterful note to end on if it turns out that way.

What if I love both BR2049 and TP:TR?

Fine, i like BR 2049 also, but Denis could make some more risk... Its padded for me more in 2h30min that TP:TR in 18hours.

I can say one for sure, it is one of the best pleb filter ever made. And thank god that it was releases in parts because it was absolutely great to read reactions around internet, especially in CherryPie vel Dugpa forum.

I hate both Blade Runner films actually.

>Now that he made one of the greatest cinematic achievements of the 21st century
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The absolute state of Sup Forums or the absolute state of the 21st century?

>TP:TR was originally 9 episodes
>Showtime gives Lynch an extra 9
>quite clearly full to the brim with filler
>an hour of the run-time is shit 'concert' footage
>the concert footage actually showcases Lynch has completely lost his touch when it comes to music in his work

L Y N C H E D

I liked The Return but it definitely wasn't "the greatest cinematic achievement of the 21st century", let alone Lynch's best work. A solid 8/10, nothing more.
On a side note, what is it with people licking Lynch's balls this much? The guy does great stuff but people treat him like he's some kind of sacred deity. Does liking Lynch make you seem smart or something?

2049 is great but not prefect. Nothing wrong with liking it though

It's a meme.

It was one of the best achievment in XXI century, u cant dent that. 99 % movies in XXI are generic predictable trash, sorry but its a fact.

People licking Lynch balls because he is the only director with balls and makes original stuff and doesnt pander to nostalgia or politics.

The Return was 10/10 btw.

It kills any thread about Lynch with retards not shutting up about The Return and LYNCHED. Not to mention constant posts of Sheryl looking 'cute'.
Absolutely cancerous.

Sound Design in The Return is absolutely outstanding, soundtrack outside bar also. So your point is invalid. Also most of the bar music fits dreamy atmosphere of The Return, so u are wrong again.

Its a fact, not meme. Tell me about better movie/tv show in 2010s than The Return, u cant. The Return is the best TV show since Decalogue from Kieslowski

Lol because making fun of someone for not understanding why it was made like this is funny. If you want an intellectual conversation then begin by posting with the intent to begin one.

>Sound Design in The Return is absolutely outstanding, soundtrack outside bar also. So your point is invalid.
Has absolutely no relevance to anything I said
>Also most of the bar music fits dreamy atmosphere of The Return, so u are wrong again.
You've obviously not watched Lynch's other works - the bar scenes are absolutely atrocious; a far cry from the quality work Lynch has previously done.

I never said it was trash. I loved The Return. But it's also become a meme to Lunch anyone that speaks negative of it. It's not perfect

Did you reply to the wrong post?

The bar scenes work just to end episodes, with dreamy music which fits overal atmosphere and themes of The Return.

Music and ambience sound in The Return are top tier, which proves he is absolutely not out of touch.

No work of art is perfect, but its still better than any other movie from 2017 by long shot.

Mulholland Drive is perfect

But they don't just end episodes - there are plenty of times where they're in the middle of the episode.
The most jarring one being the NIN concert - spoiling what is otherwise a phenomenal episode.
>not out of touch
I didn't say he's out of touch (with who? kids?) - I said he's LOST his touch, for 'music/concerts'. The Return has no 'live music' scenes that compare to these.
youtube.com/watch?v=xtjiVTSs8pc
youtube.com/watch?v=UPYxcwwE5bU&t

I personally liked most of these song. But im into "dreamy" and "chill" music. I think it worked fine for The Return. It wasnt part of the story, people could fastforward it.

I don't hate the songs - I hate how they're handled and how they're quite clearly filler. Hell, almost everything at the Roadhouse is filler.
Lynch has done better, yet we got an hour of that stuff. That's not to say all music in The Return is terrible, this is the best scene in the entirety of Twin Peaks.
youtube.com/watch?v=OUdI9V7BrgU
But the vast majority of performances failed to leave any sort of impact, except dismay at how much Lynch was stretching this show out.

first most of the music of each song plays into the credits, and second if you think things like that are filler used by Lynch, or that Lynch uses filler even more than a for a few times or when he just needs to for brief scenes, you are retarded.

You must don't understand why or have just been browsing your phone when there were long contemplative pans and pauses in the scenes and took a piss during the mop scene.

On the Air: The Return

I didn't say the music scenes were the only filler parts?
In fact, I even went as far as to say most of the Roadhouse stuff in general was pure filler.
I didn't give an exhaustive list of all filler in The Return because:
1. I probably don't remember all the filler
2. An example that amounts to >1 hour of run-time is more than enough to prove my point.

The Return of Twin Peaks: The Return
M E M O R I A L D A Y

what I was saying was you mentioned those and I was using those as a point of reference for your perspective. And I was just saying that you might not understand what Lynch is trying to convey, he is trying to show multiple perspectives with the long pauses and pans, a wide spectrum basically and also without cutting to different angles and all.

One for the viewer, one for the dreamer, one for those who are making the dream, and the forces that be that watch it as well. And other perspectives. He is trying to show a full perspective of a scene and set a more detailed and deeper cadence as well.

And its not just a expanding of time or anything just for viewing while time moves normally, he is actually trying to effect the passage of time and also the cadence as well.

Tarkovsky is known for spending a lot of time on pauses and pans - watching someone sweep the floor for minutes is not the same.
I don't know what you're trying to tell me with your replies - I never mentioned pauses or pans, it was you. I didn't mention the sweeping scene, it was you. Lynch has never done stuff like that before either.

yeah I was just saying as most people would consider those as just filler or pretentious, and I was just mentioning them and describing them in addressing that.

What do you think makes the mop scene worth being included?

it actually shows just a lot of random things, that you could just imagine or conceive in it. But purposefully from Lynch, I think it was just showing the motions of the backdrop of the dream, also those maintaining it and cleaning and not just working some job to maintain it. A cleaner, sweeping the floor, was searching while he was finding; he was maintaining a normal and somewhat industrious movement while doing it, and was natural, but you could tell he was trying to find and work towards something more without branching out, sweeping too much to a rhythm or making broad random strokes, he was focused on finding something in the job to make it more meaningful and to use with it (meaning something related but somewhat separate from the job, but not too separate) and something deeper and symbolic, and not just finding meaning directly with the job itself.

The main point being the guy sweeping wasn't trying to find some deeper symbolic meaning that was related but completely releasing or largely a separate concept from the job, or some deep meaning that was mainly directly related to the job; he wanted something that was in the middle of those and with finding a meaning he still wanted to find relation with the job and hold onto the broom (hold on to the broom metaphorically). And the scene was trying to convey something like that I think also.

>this whole post
What?

Wat ? you're clearly familiar with Lynch's work and yet you seem to miss his point. Don't look for deeper meaning in random scenes. The mop scene was nothing else than Lynch toying with people. The same way Tarkovsky made the beginning of Solaris extremlly dull, repetitive and long in order to annoy people who are too impatient.

Now, that doesn't mean that people are not entitled to be annoyed by that scene. But claming that it has some deeper meaning is just stupid.

False, retarded and shit music taste. Well done user

>Lynch
>Twin Peaks
>>THE RETURN
>This tired crap
unironically what did he mean by this

>t. just can't into kino
watch more movies and stop hating things you don't understand

>watching more movies will help someone understand a tv show

The Return didn't do anything that the Original Run didn't do except piss off the fanboys who wanted nostalgia for 18 episodes. That being said Lynch turned it up a notch for sure.

Don't kid yourself. Twin Peaks: The Return is a movie. It's as far away from episodic as you can get.

the point of the scene is to transport the viewer into the world of the movie
a guy sweeping the flooor after a gig at the road house is a completely realisitic thing that happens in places like the road house
the realism is made to look fascinating by lynch's patient direction of the sequence,and that's why that scene is so great, because it creates a feeling of a lived in, rich world
plus it's also wrong that we get no info from it, as we find out that the renault family has owned the road house for generations, and that they're still involved with prostitution liike they were 25 years earlier
in conclusion, go back to plebbit and never post on this site ever again