2017 in animated film

So, any consensus on this year's haul, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OkYfnYJwM8U
youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA
youtube.com/watch?v=JqEN7KSZyrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kind of depressing to be honest

>tfw the last animated movie I went to see was Lego Batman
Can at least one of these last four movies be good please.

>Gnome Alone
>From the Director of "Nut Job" and the Producer of "Shrek"
>Cashgrabbing on Home Alone and Gnomeo and Juliette

Only Coco, Ferdiand and Horse Movie will be somewhat decent

>tfw The Emoji Movie made more money than Captain Underpants

>grown men judging children's movies

>Parents judging chilidish movies their stupid children forced them to watch

We'll always have foreign kino.

Breadwinner will likely get an Oscar nomination and win something at the Annies.

>My little Pony the movie
I expect to do a 40-50% on Rotten Tomatoes and decent sales on the box office because sweaty fat bronies would anything to see their favorite pony on the big screen

>GNOME Alone
Expect this to be shitty, 20-30% on Rotten Tomatoes and 10 on Metacritic

>COCO
Looks promising and seems to be on right track for a successful and good movie, give it 80% on Rotten Tomatoes

>The Star
Complete bombshell and will be the worst on the upcoming, and they will somehow fucked how Jesus Christ was born but some bullshit reason

>Ferdinand
Another promising movie to be honest, but I feel won't do good ok box office sales

I liked Rock Dog more than Lego Batman. I felt like Lego Batman was a huge step down from The Lego Movie.

Cars 3 wasn't terrible, but Lightning McQueen deserved a better ending. Fuck Cruz Ramirez.

>All 3DCG animated movies.

Dude fuck western animation. I'm getting real sick of this shit. Kids don't give a fuck what the style is. If you ask them what their favorite show is, there would be a 4/5 chance they are going to name a 2D show. Why do these studios continue to put put these ugly blocky pieces of garbage instead of real art.

>one fucking 2d film

there's only one movie up there that's not 3D

take a guess which one

and it's a pony movie senpai. That's an even a bigger slap in the face.

If it makes you feel better compare ad campaigns.
Also,Captain Underpants made almost triple it's budget.

As mad as I am about only one 2d film I am glad that it's the pony film.

>I am glad that it's the pony film.
Get out, faggot.

Yeagh, I didn't think that gnome movie was going to be a winner or The Star. I'm betting either the pony movie, Coco, or Ferdinand will be good. of course I could be wrong and they're all shitters

Cars 3 is an allegory for Pixar (McQueen) giving up and passing the mantle to WDAS (Ramirez).

Coco may be this years only saving grace. Also the pony one.

I guarantee you that there are going to be masturbation incidents at the pony movie

Wait, are people actually looking forward to Coco?

My favorite is the 2D anima... Oh..

It's time to step up, Sup Forums.
Are you goning to continue supporting 2D animated films nomatter what or accept that 3D animation is the future?

>not supporting art
>accepting trash

This is Sup Forums, so expect the general hive mind to shift and begin claiming that 2d is objectively the worst form of visual media ever created because people they don't like like it.

I can name at least 1000 great 2D films off the top of my head

I can name about 10 decent 3D films if I think hard enough

Gee I wonder which is better.

So do you keep them listed in a pastebin, or what?

Loving Vincent is a masterpiece.

Lego Batman has a chance of winning the Oscar.

Eat dick user I still have to wait another three weeks for one of three showings in my area. At least I'll be able to see it

>Lego Batman has a chance of winning the Oscar.
too bad lego movies are fucking retarded.

The Star will be the best animated movie of the year.

Cars 3 will win the Oscar.

Coco could be a Good Dinosaur level disappointment they'll still give it the nom over Cars 3.

> surprisingly good movie

They'll both get nominated, one of them will win regardless of quality because LOL PIXAR.

So it's agreed, we're all going to go see the pony movie. Are there any objections?

>comes out in two weeks
>No advertising for it

>Worst animated cinematic year bar none.

So I Spend my best year with his, literally freaking 2013 2.0?
This is why I am no longer impressed with computer animation 99% of the time, at least any other year can be quite jokey or memorable in a unique way.

I swear, I only have my hopes for MLP, Coco and Ferdinand.
Gnome Alone is already pointless, and I lost faith in SPA after everything we've seen from them.

At least we're getting stop motion doggo island movie next year

i like doggo

The last great animated film i've seen in theaters was Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Take a guess to why that is.

>
youtube.com/watch?v=OkYfnYJwM8U

Don't forget this one.

What the hell is this and why haven't I heard anything about it?

Cause ankama does not advertise its products, period.

Isn't it a bit late for a MLP movie? The brony hype seems to have pretty much died down by now.

>>I can name at least 1000 great 2D films off the top of my head
No, you can't.

Get a load of this pleb. He can't even name 1000 animated films. I bet you just watch disney movies from the early 2000's don't you, faggot?

Could Captain Underpants win an Oscar?

What Jap films are nominated for the oscar? There's no fucking way any of these movies are winning this year so I guess they'll just award it to one of the Jap movies since they had a pretty big year in terms of quality animated films.

I can't honestly see them giving it to shit like Lego Batman or Captain Underpants.

Its only competition is Lego Batman, so maybe. The Oscars won't touch Cars no matter how much money Disney pays, and Coco is Disney's red-headed stepchild they're trying to rush out the door. There is zero advertising for it because they know that it's so shamelessly derivative it's borderline plagiarism.

MLP will fail by default due to being a toy commercial

I think COCO may be popular since Book of Life was a big thing few years ago.

Inside out and Zootopia were pretty good. , sure there are few movies no one wanted from Pixar. But it's not dremworks tier yet.

Wiseau is a kino genius. It can't be measured in a tomato score.

Despicable Me 3 was pretty good actually

>MLP will fail by default due to being a toy commercial
And the Cars movies aren't?

MLP came out early in NY a few days ago and the general concession was that it was pretty lame and clearly meant to market to kids. The problem is that not many kids are into MLP so it's pretty much set up to fail

Cars had actual writers while MLP is written by Hasbro execs - McCarthy and Vogel.

well, it seems this year the oscar will be for the colorful horsie movie...

The fact Great Mouse Detective never won an Oscar is a fucking crime. Vincent Price's performance in that is arguably the best performance of any Disney movie in the history of ever.

They were made by grown men...that's only fair

Go ahead and prove me wrong.

I don't know about best picture but I will be surprised if they don't win best original song.

we live in a normile world with a normie rules and taste... be used to it, we can't escape

Lion King 2

the truth is... those ponies have decent songs in the show, of course not all are great but... like it or not they done some things well, I supose that's why they are so popular

They want to squeeze out one last penny from this franchise before creating gen 5.

NO! STOP! DON'T SAY THAT YOU FUCK!

>replying to a post that's over an hour old

Yeah I'm sure he's still around, kiddo.

youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA

Sorry...

Soundtrack is out but I am too afraid of spoilers to listen to it so I can judge it.

>brony hype

the target audience is still children user

I really hope the Barney movie fails.

As having listened to the soundtrack, I can tell you the villain song is incredible. It has the intensity of classic Disney villain songs (the closest I could compare it to would probably be Hellfire), but it has this underlying tone of tragedy too. Helps that during this song in the movie, we learn about what happened to Tempest that destroyed her horn and set her on the path of becoming evil.

The rest of the tracks are really good too; having a full orchestra to work with really helped Ingram give it his all this time around, and it shows. And Sia's song took me by surprise thanks to its tone and message.

I wonder what Shadman will think of Ferdinand

its been a shit year, and its not gonna get any better.
The only kino movies this year has been lego batman and captain underpants.
It seems that after 1 year of great animated movies, the next year its filled with dissapointments. Next year will probably be great again.

It feels bad, man. Barneyfags should all be shot.

>this image is older than the /mlp/ board now
>people still use it seriously
Fuck, are you for real, user?

>this is what Barneyfags consider "quality entertainment"

kys

>people still use it seriously

Only one person, actually.

>Barneyfags are this delusional

Excuse me, Barneyfags? That's not a thing.

Lurk more, newfag

I dont think is as good as the golden Disney ones but at least it's (not joking) pretty decent (and this for nowadays standards it's a lot...)

Lurked...not a thing...just trolling

only in his mind

Barney > MLP

Literally ONE good animated movie. Pixar and Disney turned into shit. So, we will never have good animated moives again?

Which are you referring to?

>this is what Barneyfags consider "quality entertainment"

kys

I hate barneyfags too, now please fuck off.

Good. Barney doesn't deserve any success.

This is the greatest form of entertainment. You only like mlp cuz u wanna fuck the donkeys, lel

This youtube comment seems sarcastic. Failure to understand sarcasm is a sign of autism.

They will have to give the oscar to an anime movie

What? I heard literally the opposite was true. Not groundbreaking, but pretty good.